Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #649
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It's pretty much general. They'll progress whatever they can afford. But they do a pretty decent job overall. Very rarely do you see them upgrade unnecessary attributes. The only traits I've ever seen them upgrade is the development trait. And they never upgrade injury or toughness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
So are you now using the slider settings but auto-progressing both human and CPU every four weeks with good progression for both?
Thanks
Old 12-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #650
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
So are you now using the slider settings but auto-progressing both human and CPU every four weeks with good progression for both?
Thanks
It was always good progression for the cpu. That was the main focus on these sliders. To allow the cpu to progress their players at a realistic rate. All I'm doing now it letting the cpu handle my progression as well to make it as even as possible.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #651
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It was always good progression for the cpu. That was the main focus on these sliders. To allow the cpu to progress their players at a realistic rate. All I'm doing now it letting the cpu handle my progression as well to make it as even as possible.

Am I missing a single screen that shows everyone's progression when you auto progress? I can find it on each player's card but I feel like there was a single Progression History screen that listed everything for the team. Not terribly inconvenient but a single screen would be less so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #652
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Am I missing a single screen that shows everyone's progression when you auto progress? I can find it on each player's card but I feel like there was a single Progression History screen that listed everything for the team. Not terribly inconvenient but a single screen would be less so.
Nope. They must have took that out. It was there last year but unless I'm crazy it's gone now. I've just been going to each players card.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #653
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've heard that things get a bit whacky when you progress beyond several years with XP sliders. Thoughts?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #654
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I've heard that things get a bit whacky when you progress beyond several years with XP sliders. Thoughts?
Well I did so many tests with these sliders (many 10 year sims and 20 year sims) that I can tell you by at least a player rating stand point everything stays pretty consistent with the out of the box ratings. I didn't play any games after any sims so I can't 100% say how the game still plays but I can't imagine it would be much different. I also did a 10 sims of 10 years to test out stats and they worked out well too. It's all in the OP if you want to check them out.

I'm currently in year 6 of my Saints cfm and nothing is out of the ordinary. I do suggest just letting the cpu auto progress your players though because no matter what you will be able to progress better then the cpu because you have a brain lol. Hope that helps.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #655
Just started!

OVR: 0

Just want to give a shout out to both tdawg3782 and rich8682 for a great thread and kudos for all those who contributed with insights and posts. Haven't been fully immersed in Madden since 2008 on PC just getting back to it after all these years thanks to my son. Back in those days on the PC the Madden community was awesome and I am glad to see that it is alive and well. Your XP slider conversation is just what I needed since I found that PTM is perfect for us who can't sit and play for hours on end. Your work is commendable and much appreciated. Will be implementing all this information when I kick up my new season just after Christmas. Thanks to Operation Sports for the website and look forward to checking out more info in the future. Checked out JoshC1977 sliders and his thread on the making of it and very impressed. Will be using it! Enough said and Go Boys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #656
Rookie

OVR: 0

I read somewhere earlier that the CPU only achieves bronze medals on their respective weekly practices ... Has that changed with a patch since? How is that even measured?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »