Home

M24 Custom Playbook Tool & CFM GM Tool

This is a discussion on M24 Custom Playbook Tool & CFM GM Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2023, 09:02 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: M24 Custom Playbook Tool &CFM GM Tool

Awesome, thank you!

I experimented and actually got the AZ PB down to 1 plays in a single Gun (Y Trips WK), which is pretty good, IMO. The 2 plays you can’t remove are the PA Shot play and Browns Smash, which, all things considered, is pretty good.

Hope that helps someone!

You probably covered this (I’m still working my way through the doc), but how do you approach rating plays using the star system?

Again, super cool, so thank you!
Old 09-20-2023, 12:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you! It now works. Really kool stuff
Old 09-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer81
I may be missing something but on the planner sheet, I am not getting a drop down for formations. Is it me or...?
Fixed it this morning. Create a new copy. Thanks for letting me know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 12:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Awesome, thank you!

I experimented and actually got the AZ PB down to 1 plays in a single Gun (Y Trips WK), which is pretty good, IMO. The 2 plays you can’t remove are the PA Shot play and Browns Smash, which, all things considered, is pretty good.

Hope that helps someone!

You probably covered this (I’m still working my way through the doc), but how do you approach rating plays using the star system?

Again, super cool, so thank you!
I had done 5 per star level from 5 stars to 3 stars which is 30 plays exactly. But after making 2 dozen customs and how suggestions are working I'd probably just do 30 at half star and leave it at that. Groupings of 5 are easier to keep track of though, so you could do
5 - 1/2 *
5 - 1 *
5 - 1-1/2 *
5 - 2 *
5 - 2-1/2*
5 - 3*.

I'd just stress keep it to 30 or it will randomize your suggestions and lowest rated seem to appear at same frequency as the highest rated seemingly.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Cool, thanks a ton!

And by 30 plays, I take you to mean 30 plays per down and distance, not 3 total, correct?

Much obliged!
Old 09-20-2023, 02:06 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I was thinking of doing franchise mode differently this year. Typically I just play as Washington and run the team similar to how they are already run, so I use the default team playbooks. However, this year, once the franchise bugs are fixed I planned to simulate the first year, create a new coach, and then choose a team that fired their coach and has an opening. You shared this tool at the perfect time for me to use to create a playbook that has some good limitations to keep the gameplay fun and balanced.

I also think I am going to use some of your workbook to create a tool for my NCAA 14 dynasty I've been thinking of starting. I always had a house rule on offense that my QB's awareness + their experience dictated how big my playbook was in terms of total # of plays. Now, with your tool, I am going to have a similar house rule, but instead of being limited by the # of plays, I am going to limit it by the number of concepts and formations used. For example, if I have a 90 awareness QB starting for me, I may multiply that 90 by 0.2 to get 18 points. I'll make each concept and each formation cost 1 point each, so I need to build out a playbook that adds up to 18 points. I could do the Clemson model and have 7 concepts out of 11 different formations, or I could stretch myself a bit and only have like 5 formations I use altogether, but I have 13 different concepts on offense I run.

I am still ironing out the values I want to use but that is the general idea. Your tool will not only help me in Madden, but it's also perfect for helping me in NCAA if I do decide to go through with this dynasty. The fact that we have mods on PC that allow us to import our NCAA 14 draft classes into Madden 24 is a major reason why I've come back to NCAA 14 for the first time in a few years.

― Plato
Old 09-20-2023, 02:29 PM   #15
Rookie

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing this. I had been trying to make something similar, at least with respect to the sheet with all the plays associated with personnel groupings and concepts. This is much better than mine!

One thing I noticed, and maybe its just me, but on the Planner, I can't select anything after Trio HB Wk. I get this error: "The data you entered in cell C18 violates the data validation rules set on this cell."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 02:36 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: M24 Custom Playbook Tool & CFM GM Tool

This is dope, probably going to turn this into a front page article so as many people as possible can find it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »