Home

Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden

This is a discussion on Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Fear the D - Defense is back in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I agree with this. I just got the game last night.
after a few games, I see the only things that have changed is
they allow defensive linemen to get released from pass blocks
a little faster, the movement of the guy you run with and some
graphics touch up.

If you have really played a lot of the CG game, You will quickly
see this game is a tweaked port of CG. I am not seeing any difference
in the behavior of the AI. If the AI is supposedly making all these
calculations I would love for someone to point out what the NG AI is doing
so different from the CG. It all plays the same.
Yep the more I play it the more I'm seeing CG ported up with tweaks. I should have put KI down long enough to play more of it. The DL gets to the QB better in some situations for sure. But I'm not seeing much of a difference with man coverage at all. While it is a better game, I'm not seeing the whole it's a new ball game that a lot of people are seeing. I think it makes itself slightly distinct from its CG cousin but not by too much. I haven't been able to see many replays with zones to see what my guys are doing. We'll have to look at it tonight.

LB
Old 11-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I agree with this. I just got the game last night.
after a few games, I see the only things that have changed is
they allow defensive linemen to get released from pass blocks
a little faster, the movement of the guy you run with and some
graphics touch up.

If you have really played a lot of the CG game, You will quickly
see this game is a tweaked port of CG. I am not seeing any difference
in the behavior of the AI. If the AI is supposedly making all these
calculations I would love for someone to point out what the NG AI is doing
so different from the CG. It all plays the same.
What level though? You are not going to get a challenge on All-Pro if you are an above average player.. So far everyone who has played on All-Madden are saying the CPU is very competitive. I'm about to find out in a little bit when I get home and tweak the sliders from there. I like what I'm hearing so far about the CPU(on All-Madden).
Old 11-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What level though? You are not going to get a challenge on All-Pro if you are an above average player.. So far everyone who has played on All-Madden are saying the CPU is very competitive. I'm about to find out in a little bit when I get home and tweak the sliders from there. I like what I'm hearing so far about the CPU(on All-Madden).
We mostly play other people. Tomb does play the cpu more than me though.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
We mostly play other people. Tomb does play the cpu more than me though.
Yeah I know you strictly play people but I believe Tomb was responding to what was going on with the AI in USER vs CPU games.. It basically still comes back to how bad the AI is on All-Pro in both USER vs USER games and against the CPU. Don't get me wrong there has always been some flaws on All-Madden too but the AI has always been better on that level.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-29-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

Defense IS back, at least head to head online. It plays out so realistic that some of the statlines look pathetic. I don't have a problem with that...(it's only 5 min qtrs) and it always seems the better players are making most of the big plays.

My only gripe is that you can't initiate D-Line moves as a user, but hopefully they'll get that straight next year. You must be able to read a defense. People who are getting run on just don't understand how to stop "jumbo" or TE heavy sets. Once you start lining up your defense properly, the game is VERY balanced.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love madden again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I know you strictly play people but I believe Tomb was responding to what was going on with the AI in USER vs CPU games.. It basically still comes back to how bad the AI is on All-Pro in both USER vs USER games and against the CPU. Don't get me wrong there has always been some flaws on All-Madden too but the AI has always been better on that level.
The odd thing about this statement is this. I have played a few guys that live by that mantra, "user vs user games are better playing on the all madden level"
However I have found that despite me practicing most of the time vs the cpu on the all pro level, I can play those guys on all madden and after a quarterr of adjusting to "all madden" "cheating their scrub players up to play like stars" I end up beating them. However those same guys struggle even more when playing user vs user on the all pro level, because they cant adapt to their scrub players not playing like stars.

All madden aint making the game play better, its hiding a users weaknesses in his game by giving your not so good players stat boosts that allow them to play way above their heads. On all pro you have to account for that weakness and rely on your play calling more so than relying on your defensive players to now be able to cover players in real life they wouldnt cover, because "all madden" has put your scrubs on steroids.

Last night I saw my safety playing the middle in cover 3 follow a WR to the left of the field. After that same Wr had finished his route and sat a few seconds he then ran back the other direction across the field toward the area my safty was suppose to be defending. What does my safety do ? He sits in place while the WR runs past him and the Wr ends up catching a TD right in the middle of the endzone where my dumb safety should have been.

This is the same behavior you see in the CG game. If this NG game is suppose to "Unlock the human element in Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with all-new Player Sense, which gives players the intelligence to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness." i aint seeing it.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
The odd thing about this statement is this. I have played a few guys that live by that mantra, "user vs user games are better playing on the all madden level"
However I have found that despite me practicing most of the time vs the cpu on the all pro level, I can play those guys on all madden and after a quarterr of adjusting to "all madden" "cheating their scrub players up to play like stars" I end up beating them. However those same guys struggle even more when playing user vs user on the all pro level, because they cant adapt to their scrub players not playing like stars.

All madden aint making the game play better, its hiding a users weaknesses in his game by giving your not so good players stat boosts that allow them to play way above their heads. On all pro you have to account for that weakness and rely on your play calling more so than relying on your defensive players to now be able to cover players in real life they wouldnt cover, because "all madden" has put your scrubs on steroids.

Last night I saw my safety playing the middle in cover 3 follow a WR to the left of the field. After that same Wr had finished his route and sat a few seconds he then ran back the other direction across the field toward the area my safty was suppose to be defending. What does my safety do ? He sits in place while the WR runs past him and the Wr ends up catching a TD right in the middle of the endzone where my dumb safety should have been.

This is the same behavior you see in the CG game. If this NG game is suppose to "Unlock the human element in Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with all-new Player Sense, which gives players the intelligence to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness." i aint seeing it.
I disagree with that. I rather have my guys play like they are in the NFL instead of looking like they are in high school. Every player doesn't become a star. You can still take advantage of bad players on All-Madden... I always do when I play against other USERs. On All-Pro every player on defense is a bad. You don't have to find the weakness. You can exploit any DB because they react to plays horribly. Star players don't stand out on All-Pro. You just heard LB complaining about how bad his 95 rated CB was getting abused like he was a scrub on All-Pro with the same route. That won't happen on All-Madden. Everyone doesn't get a stat boost on All-Madden in USER vs USER games. That's only for the CPU when you jump to All-Madden. Even though it sounds like the defense is a little bit better on All-Pro in online games for USER vs USER games I'm still hearing about some of the same flaws from years past about the way players are reacting. Players play more to there rating in USER vs USER games on All-Madden IMO.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-30-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #64
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Then again, if EA/Tiburon used the Green Bay Packer's defense to model how defensive players read and react situations then they got defensive play spot on....lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »