Home

Zoom Cam Discussions

This is a discussion on Zoom Cam Discussions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Zoom Cam Discussions

personally i likethe zoomed camera but am still looking for a lower to the ground camera. i dunno if you guys above are talking about a zoomed camera angle in just the regular madden 10 or the co - op online madden 10 camera. To me the online co-op camera on madden 10 was the best camera angle ever to really feel immersed in the game. I really felt like i was as close as i could get to actually playing on an nfl team in a real nfl stadium . Now i will say right off , that camera angle needed alittle tweeking. Like personally i felt like it needed to allow you , when on defense , to look around your player ( say with the left analog stick) so you could look beside you or behind you even to keep a closer eye on wrs or whats going on around you. But to me , that was the best ever camera angle ive ever seen. It was lower to the ground it seems. Gave you a true view from a players standpoint of what the player you were controlling could see in real life and had to make your reactions based off that. To me that showed a real persons true football talent and knowledge, moreso than the ( imo) cheating show everything on the field view. Im sure real nfl qbs would die for that view then playing their games in real life. I really would like to see the zoomed in camera alittle lower to the ground myself. Also instead of player lock on d , id like the closeness of the camera but the ability to switch to a dif d player at will . I want to feel like im on an nfl field, in front of nfl fans, playing an nfl game as a player.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Like I said bro, you don't have to zoom it back when the receiver is in motion if you don't want to. You can still rotate from side to side like in previous Maddens. So in that sense they're giving us a choice. I don't think they should take out the option for those who prefer to have it zoom out. The more options the better. Now if you're talking about for when you play someone else in person & you're on defense & your opponent is constantly zooming in & out presnap, then yes that can be annoying. I still think they should leave it like it is. A Custom Cam option would solve everything though lol.

Remember, I'm speaking about the PRE SNAP camera in zoom mode.

You can't make it not zoom out when you put a player in motion. Its a auto zoom out feature because I am guessing they think you need it to see the complete defensive adjustments to it. If there is a way to not make it zoom out when you send a player in motion, Ive never found it.

Same with hot routes. It auto zooms out when you select a hot route. 95% of the time, I don't need it to zoom out. The only possible time I would need to zoom out is if it is a receiver way out on the edge, and I can simple zoom out manually in that case.

Just watch all the demo video's this year. In and out/ In and out at every pre snap point. Been like that for a while now with Madden

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 06-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
personally i likethe zoomed camera but am still looking for a lower to the ground camera. i dunno if you guys above are talking about a zoomed camera angle in just the regular madden 10 or the co - op online madden 10 camera. To me the online co-op camera on madden 10 was the best camera angle ever to really feel immersed in the game. I really felt like i was as close as i could get to actually playing on an nfl team in a real nfl stadium . Now i will say right off , that camera angle needed alittle tweeking. Like personally i felt like it needed to allow you , when on defense , to look around your player ( say with the left analog stick) so you could look beside you or behind you even to keep a closer eye on wrs or whats going on around you. But to me , that was the best ever camera angle ive ever seen. It was lower to the ground it seems. Gave you a true view from a players standpoint of what the player you were controlling could see in real life and had to make your reactions based off that. To me that showed a real persons true football talent and knowledge, moreso than the ( imo) cheating show everything on the field view. Im sure real nfl qbs would die for that view then playing their games in real life. I really would like to see the zoomed in camera alittle lower to the ground myself. Also instead of player lock on d , id like the closeness of the camera but the ability to switch to a dif d player at will . I want to feel like im on an nfl field, in front of nfl fans, playing an nfl game as a player.

this is why ANY camera angle we get in Madden should be customizable. Its 2014 and we still don't have the ability to tweak the camera how we like it. This is a BIG deal and I don't understand why EA doesn't get it. Its like they refuse to let us adjust the angles how we want them. As good as any camera may be for one person, for another it needs adjustment. We as a community have been asking for custom camera angles for YEARS now.

Like I said before, EA either doesn't listen or they just don't care. I will still buy the game because im a football junkie but when does the light bulb go on for these guys. When do they realize that once they give in to customization, at that instant most everyone will be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Remember, I'm speaking about the PRE SNAP camera in zoom mode.

You can't make it not zoom out when you put a player in motion. Its a auto zoom out feature because I am guessing they think you need it to see the complete defensive adjustments to it. If there is a way to not make it zoom out when you send a player in motion, Ive never found it.

Same with hot routes. It auto zooms out when you select a hot route. 95% of the time, I don't need it to zoom out. The only possible time I would need to zoom out is if it is a receiver way out on the edge, and I can simple zoom out manually in that case.

Just watch all the demo video's this year. In and out/ In and out at every pre snap point. Been like that for a while now with Madden
Oh ok I gotcha. Yeah you do have a point there.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

And in my above post I shouldn't say just EA because NHL definitely has hella options for their cameras the last I seen. Im not sure about FIFA as I have never really played it but I wouldn't be surprised if they also have custom cameras.

Why does Madden still not have them? I would love to hear if there is actually a reason for this.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
And in my above post I shouldn't say just EA because NHL definitely has hella options for their cameras the last I seen. Im not sure about FIFA as I have never really played it but I wouldn't be surprised if they also have custom cameras.

Why does Madden still not have them? I would love to hear if there is actually a reason for this.
yeah i totally agree there needs to be custom camera angles. as you mentioned they do it for other games, and 2k does it well for their nba game, where you can really change alot of angles and heights of the camera and zoom in and out . This really needs to happen in madden and i too dont get why they refuse to do it. guess its just too much work for em .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #15
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
this is why ANY camera angle we get in Madden should be customizable. Its 2014 and we still don't have the ability to tweak the camera how we like it. This is a BIG deal and I don't understand why EA doesn't get it. Its like they refuse to let us adjust the angles how we want them. As good as any camera may be for one person, for another it needs adjustment. We as a community have been asking for custom camera angles for YEARS now.

Like I said before, EA either doesn't listen or they just don't care. I will still buy the game because im a football junkie but when does the light bulb go on for these guys. When do they realize that once they give in to customization, at that instant most everyone will be happy.

7 years to be exact..I really don't get this either. I mean I'm a football addict and I literally have not bought this game since 09, and not because of all the gameplay issues everyone cries about but because I can't play game with the pre-set cameras. I relied on the custom cam for my run and pass and the game just isn't the same without it..What's most disheartening is EA set the standard for cameras in Sports games and everyone eles followed suit now it's a lost and forgotten treasure. If anyone from EA reads this please remember how YOU see the game adds so much to how you enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
7 years to be exact..I really don't get this either. I mean I'm a football addict and I literally have not bought this game since 09, and not because of all the gameplay issues everyone cries about but because I can't play game with the pre-set cameras. I relied on the custom cam for my run and pass and the game just isn't the same without it..What's most disheartening is EA set the standard for cameras in Sports games and everyone eles followed suit now it's a lost and forgotten treasure. If anyone from EA reads this please remember how YOU see the game adds so much to how you enjoy the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, a lot of people think NFL 2k5 had the best custom camera, but actually Madden 05 had a even better custom camera option that year. They let you set chose a different cam for rushing/passing/and even pre snap, and then adjust those camera's separately to the right height/zoom/tilt you wanted.

That's what is so crazy. If it was done in 2005 by none other then EA themself, what is the hold up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »