Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ney_moon
Apparently EA needs to hire ppl who actually play madden. Same Commentary, same animations, same gameplay. Again, EA deceives us with the trailer.... I wish 2k sports would release a football game already.
Keep calm and troll on
Old 07-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

They gotta add back the head tracking to the ball carrier as well. They look when they point out a defender for a blocker, but that's all I really see. Break away runs I'd like to see runners looking back to see how close defenders are.

On the Gore outside run you can definitely see the lack of head tracking.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 07-03-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
They gotta add back the head tracking to the ball carrier as well. They look when they point out a defender for a blocker, but that's all I really see. Break away runs I'd like to see runners looking back to see how close defenders are.
That would be cool to see, I don't think I've ever seen that done well in a football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Pretty sure it was a user controlled error that made him pull up like that. Not that that doesn't happen in Madden 25 all the time, but I think this specifically was user controlled.
I agree that was a User control play but it does bring to mind my difference of philosophy with Tiburon about it. Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I seem to recall back when there were other football games, there was a representation of momentum in animations. I don't really know how to describe it other than to say I can't remember switching to User control a player in full motion and them being capable of just stopping cold. It seems like there was a brief follow through transition, in regard to what the player was doing before the User took over, before giving the User complete movement control. It seems to me that instantaneous ability to halt the players animation/movement, stems from that core POV that User control should trump all, even physics. In that video there is a deep pass thrown, with a WR and defender that should be running as hard as they can down field, not on some leisurely stroll, like it plays out once the defender is User controlled.

In regard to the mocap stuff, I wonder if there isn't a core issue with the way they are instructed to break up the fluid uninterrupted mocap, into segments of animations for branching or if the Protak or whatever system they use now, breaks it up. Either way, it seems apparent and Ian even admitted, it's hurting the realism and fluid movement of the game.

All that said, even weirder still is the fact that they don't even use/have longer more realistic animations for CPU controlled players, where limited User control isn't a factor.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #37
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Meh. I just hate the way madden animates. Looks stiff. I guess the ignite engine was all talk. I can't tell as far as the immersion goes. Waaaay to many one on one tackles. SAME OL STUFF JUST A DIFFERENT GAME. Smh
Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That would be cool to see, I don't think I've ever seen that done well in a football game.
It was excellent in Backbreaker.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #39
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Meh. I just hate the way madden animates. Looks stiff. I guess the ignite engine was all talk. I can't tell as far as the immersion goes. Waaaay to many one on one tackles. SAME OL STUFF JUST A DIFFERENT GAME. Smh
The Ignite Engine is for all EA Sports titles it was definitely not all talk, the physics tech that's new for pileups and in the future gang tackling, is part of Ignite.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #40
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

It's a small thing presentation wise, but I like the NFL wipe into replays
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »