Home

A little more 16 news from IGN

This is a discussion on A little more 16 news from IGN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: A little more 16 news from IGN

I see they finally got with the times and its just Calvin
"Johnson" now
Old 05-27-2015, 07:46 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

If the graphics/art team can make things like realistic field degradation, the lighting in domes/night look normal, new weather effects, vastly expand the player face scans, NEW EQUIPMENT, better day-to-night transitions....I WOULD STILL BE ECSTATIC about this game even if the player models/visuals look the same as last year.

We don't have much to go on so far, but hopefully some of those things I listed have been touched, as it doesn't appear Madden 16 took a big graphic leap from last year.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
We've seen 10 screenshots (some of which I thought looked good).

We've seen approximately 7 seconds of actual gameplay.

How bout we wait until we see more before we accuse EA of lying?
I never accused them of lying. Maybe they think they have improved it, but what they've shown doesn't bring that evident to many of us.

And I don't think we need to see 2,000 screenshots and 1,000 hours of gameplay to conclude on whether a game's visuals have improved, the same way we didn't need that when when we saw Madden 25 and realized it didn't look like the big upgrade they claimed it was. It was immediately obvious that it wasn't, and this appears to be the same case.

I'm all for benefits of the doubt, but I'm not for falling for the okie-doke either. My eyes do work fine (20/20 vision) and I'm going to believe what I see, not just what I'm told.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Added "New lighting". Or as non EA people would call it- gave it orange tint

Not a fan of the tint here.Reminds me a lot of the lighting in Madden 13. Indoor pic looks good, but the sun tint effect is very dated looking. Uniforms look like someone washed the whites with some oranges.

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 05-27-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
And I don't think we need to see 2,000 screenshots and 1,000 hours of gameplay to conclude on whether a game's visuals have improved, the same way we didn't need that when when we saw Madden 25 and realized it didn't look like the big upgrade they claimed it was. It was immediately obvious that it wasn't, and this appears to be the same case.
QFT. I don't know how people could thumb up a post like the one you replied to, but its always the same people though...

If anything yo, a screenshot is the best representation, cause they actually CHOSE that as their best shot(s) with the intent to show the game off. We dont need to see a ton more, weve already seen enough to make a judgement on the graphics and we can compare these to last years game. Unless they do something to the game between now and release somehow (unlikely), then this is a open and shut case.

I get defending Madden on some things sometimes, but to defend this is taking it off the deep end. We can see the evidence.

Man, the game looks like 15. Almost nobody is seeing the so-called improvement. It is what it is. They're prolly regrouping to find another angle to build hype because this got rejected. Its not like the game looks bad, people just expected the lighting and color to be enhanced because it clearly needed it, that didnt happen, so people are trippin and rightfully so man. Im trippin too. This is garbage, lol.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
I never accused them of lying. Maybe they think they have improved it, but what they've shown doesn't bring that evident to many of us.

I'm all for benefits of the doubt, but I'm not for falling for the okie-doke either. My eyes do work fine (20/20 vision) and I'm going to believe what I see, not just what I'm told.
Huh? You compared it to other situations where they claimed something was improved but in your opinion it actually wasn't. Thats called a lie.

2000 screenshots and 1,000 hours of gameplay? Nah, I don't need that. But you should want more than 7 seconds right? You should wait until you see a full video or two before you proclaim that EA did nothing related to lighting.

You jumped the gun. You did. I'm not saying that the new lighting is in the game. I'm just saying wait a little before claiming it isn't or isn't implemented right.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
QFT. I don't know how people could thumb up a post like the one you replied to, but its always the same people though...

If anything yo, a screenshot is the best representation, cause they actually CHOSE that as their best shot(s) with the intent to show the game off. We dont need to see a ton more, weve already seen enough to make a judgement on the graphics and we can compare these to last years game. Unless they do something to the game between now and release somehow (unlikely), then this is a open and shut case.

I get defending Madden on some things sometimes, but to defend this is taking it off the deep end. We can see the evidence.

Man, the game looks like 15. Almost nobody is seeing the so-called improvement. It is what it is. They're prolly regrouping to find another angle to build hype because this got rejected. Its not like the game looks bad, people just expected the lighting and color to be enhanced because it clearly needed it, that didnt happen, so people are trippin and rightfully so man. Im trippin too. This is garbage, lol.
Its also the same people on the other side too. Same bashing. Same negative talk. Same record over and over again.

Also, if you read any of my posts here you would know I'm not a defender. I don't have a built in bias against the game either. I'm not bitter that the game isn't like other games. I'm not bitter that Madden took away my other games. I'm not bitter that "its been 10 years since I played a NFL football game." I'm not bitter that the game hasn't reached my expectations or improved to where I think it should be.

I just call it like I see it. One, 10 screenshots aren't the best way to see lighting ESPECIALLY when we don't know specifically what those changes are. They could be changes to progressive lighting which are best shown during a video where you can see how lighting changes over time. It could be individual stadium lighting. WE DONT KNOW.

So instead of me proclaiming that there were no lighting changes...I said we should just wait. Wait till we get more evidence. Maybe a video or two. That could come this week or at E3. I'm all for criticizing games once I get enough proof. 7 seconds of gameplay isn't proof.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:43 AM   #40
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Most of the shots I wouldn't be able to tell you were 16, though that Peterson/Johnson one looks a little off. Not sure if it's just because of the unfamiliar pose due to the new animation (typically Johnson would just be making a catching animation, not reaching for the ball), some nicely contrasting jersey colors making it just a nice picture in general or there's something to the lighting/focus. Probably a combination of all of the above.

As has been suggested a couple times, looks like the kind of thing we'll probably see in motion, but could be a fairly subtle change overall.

This isn't a big change in the scope of things, comes across as something to just allow IGN to throw together another headline in with the other outlets covering the screenshot releases and cover vote coverage. Excited for some more meaningful news.

Last edited by mestevo; 05-28-2015 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »