Home

Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #73
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Press Row Podcast Episode 136: Madden NFL 16 CFM Deep Dive

Except they have worked on all of that, as stated in the podcast.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #74
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Who said anything about anyone wanting an arcade game or that drive goals was a realistic way of simulating football???

Simply put..
EA is NOT going to make significant changes that alienate thier core audience, period.
Do we all at OS (well mostly) want a full on sim game> Of course we do.
That doesn't change the fact we will NEVER get that with Madden.

The condescending attitude doesn't help at all either.

Lmao....

So who do you consider to be their* "core" audience then..? I'll wait.

I honestly don't even care about getting a full on sim game because I know even I would find it difficult lol (I'd still like the challenge). I simply want a game that looks like what I watch on Sundays.. and Thursdays... and Mondays....... I still play a game where you press a button and before your controlled player makes his move, the other players are reacting to it. I still play a game where I pick a play against a CPU and the CPU knows what play it is and chooses its play based off of yours. And if I audible then they change their play depending on what you audible to. I still play a game where even if i make 5 defenders play man to man against a WR, that WR can still get open within 5 seconds.

I want a realistic game. Doesn't even have to be sim. As of now it's not even close to realistic
Old 05-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #75
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Except they have worked on all of that, as stated in the podcast.
I heard. Just wonder who thought that having an offensive tackles individual player goal is to have a team rushing total of 2500 yards. Why not have it as
"do not allow more than 5 sacks this season" or the DT's goal be to have at least 12 tackles for a loss? You guys just don't seem to understand that EA puts in these new "features" without putting any thought into it at all. Maybe if they asked people who legitimately played or still play college (D2 or higher) or professional ball to help them work on games the numbers would all be more realistic to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #76
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
You are so wrong on so many levels it's insane. No I'm not a moderator and never want to be.

I know way more football than my friend that I play madden with. Just the other day he texted me asking what the letters for WR positions meant (X, R/H, Y, Z). Yet he beats me in madden using 46 defense packing 8 in the box to stop the run but playing zone across the board so that if I pass they all sprint to their zones without needing to take read steps because those aren't programmed into the game. If I run play action it's an automatic sack because he makes sure to rush 5 with 2 coming off the edge. He keeps a guy on the on each side in the "purple" zone to stop all curls and corners and users the LB play side to stop any flats or crossing routes. He doesn't need to know more football than me because the game doesn't need him to.

On offense he runs 4 plays. Bunch runs and crossing routes. He rolls out to the side they cross to with a mobile QB and if nobody is open he can gain 5 yards at least because defenders don't commit to scrambling QB's until they cross the LOS.

If YOU knew football then maybe you'd understand what I've been saying. But apparently you don't either.
You never played or watched football?
Old 05-30-2015, 10:26 PM   #77
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You are so wrong on so many levels it's insane. No I'm not a moderator and never want to be.

I know way more football than my friend that I play madden with. Just the other day he texted me asking what the letters for WR positions meant (X, R/H, Y, Z). Yet he beats me in madden using 46 defense packing 8 in the box to stop the run but playing zone across the board so that if I pass they all sprint to their zones without needing to take read steps because those aren't programmed into the game. If I run play action it's an automatic sack because he makes sure to rush 5 with 2 coming off the edge. He keeps a guy on the on each side in the "purple" zone to stop all curls and corners and users the LB play side to stop any flats or crossing routes. He doesn't need to know more football than me because the game doesn't need him to.

On offense he runs 4 plays. Bunch runs and crossing routes. He rolls out to the side they cross to with a mobile QB and if nobody is open he can gain 5 yards at least because defenders don't commit to scrambling QB's until they cross the LOS.

If YOU knew football then maybe you'd understand what I've been saying. But apparently you don't either.
So essentially you just admitted you have no clue and want the CPU to play for you...No thanks...I can beat a 46 all day..
Old 05-30-2015, 10:37 PM   #78
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
So essentially you just admitted you have no clue and want the CPU to play for you...No thanks...I can beat a 46 all day..
That was me admitting I have no clue about football? Did you even read what I said before looking at the fact that I told you my friend has beaten me by cheesing??

No I don't want the CPU to play for me. Considering I can only control 1 player out of 11 at a time I would hope the 10 players I'm not controlling play to their ratings. I can "beat" 46 defense as well. I've beaten my friend plenty of times. You don't seem to comprehend well.

Football is not about which team can run the same plays over and over and hoping the other team doesn't stop you. Football is choosing a play based on multiple aspects:
Your Personnel
Your opponents personnel
Down and distance
Score
Team/Coach philosophy
Fatigue
Time
Hot/Cold streaks
Matchups

What football is NOT based on:
Choosing your favorite play and throwing to your favorite WR no matter what defense the other team is playing.

Do you know how many times I've played people who run PA Scissors on 3rd down because more often than not their past opponents run Man on 3rd down so the TE on the corner will most likely be open. So I show man while running zone and make sure I cover any Curl/Corner route to the strong side and they either throw me the ball or don't know what to do.

I would say play me in a game but you would probably just use the Seahawks so you won't have to play defense and then roll out with Russell and cheese all day. Then come back in here saying I don't know football because you beat me in madden. Winning in Madden is not a representation of football knowledge unless both players are playing that way. If you just run your money plays and you consider that being smart then go look up what a "money play" is. (Hint: It works way more than it doesn't..)
Old 05-30-2015, 10:42 PM   #79
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
That was me admitting I have no clue about football? Did you even read what I said before looking at the fact that I told you my friend has beaten me by cheesing??

No I don't want the CPU to play for me. Considering I can only control 1 player out of 11 at a time I would hope the 10 players I'm not controlling play to their ratings. I can "beat" 46 defense as well. I've beaten my friend plenty of times. You don't seem to comprehend well.

Football is not about which team can run the same plays over and over and hoping the other team doesn't stop you. Football is choosing a play based on multiple aspects:
Your Personnel
Your opponents personnel
Down and distance
Score
Team/Coach philosophy
Fatigue
Time
Hot/Cold streaks
Matchups

What football is NOT based on:
Choosing your favorite play and throwing to your favorite WR no matter what defense the other team is playing.

Do you know how many times I've played people who run PA Scissors on 3rd down because more often than not their past opponents run Man on 3rd down so the TE on the corner will most likely be open. So I show man while running zone and make sure I cover any Curl/Corner route to the strong side and they either throw me the ball or don't know what to do.

I would say play me in a game but you would probably just use the Seahawks so you won't have to play defense and then roll out with Russell and cheese all day. Then come back in here saying I don't know football because you beat me in madden. Winning in Madden is not a representation of football knowledge unless both players are playing that way. If you just run your money plays and you consider that being smart then go look up what a "money play" is. (Hint: It works way more than it doesn't..)
Guys, enough with the back and forth, you're going to get a warning from the mods, you know how this works, stay on topic.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #80
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This thread is veering very wildly off-course.

Let's turn discussion back to Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise and the podcast, please. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »