Home

State of message boards and information

This is a discussion on State of message boards and information within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 03:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation State of message boards and information

So, here's the thing. I understand this topic will probably be closed or deleted, because I'm probably restating something that was once posted somewhere and I will be redirected to a new topic. Probably even more so because I think I have a "status" of rookie--even though I've been a member since, I dunno, 08' 09'.

Good god did I ever fall in love with madden back in 03,', 04, and 05'. I'm a huge fan of offline franchise. It was amazing when a competition against 2k still reigned supreme. And I'm compelled to post a new topic, which I think the last time I did was like five years ago.

Anywho, I get why these boards initially tried to consolidate topics, tried to stop re-posts. And maybe this is more of an overall message board topic, dunno, and don't really care. But I just read an incredibly insightful topic launched about the state of franchise, and it was closed, before one person could comment.

And now, said diatribe is going to get lost in a gigantic bitch fest. If there's anyone out there like me... Once they get past the third page, they typically give up reading, because everything seems to turn into personal battles... Usually won by the people with thousands of posts. I could have that many by now I guess. But, damnit, I have no interest in these trolling wars. Also I seriously have better things to do, sober, right now I've got a slight buzz.

All I want is to pop on, find topics that interest me, and pop off. I mean clearly we are talking text based data, in a world of gigabytes and terabytes and super millennium falcon connection speeds, you can't tell me server space is an issue. If I don't care about someone's topic, then I'll either read the initial post and go back or I won't click it at all.

Yet, it feels like there are so many great ideas and opinions that are getting lost in the shuffle. I think it was a few weeks ago someone raised a topic about madden and the emergence (possibly) of Joe Montana football, or 2k, or a collaboration getting into the game to try and push madden. It was closed by a mod because it was not entirely about Madden.

I work 60+ hours a week, browse multiple sites, and all I stop by for is the excellent information this site once and shortly provided after I switched over while maddenmania was still a thing.

It's a message board, if people aren't interested, it will drift out of the main pages. I promise.

But I implore the mods to take a deeper look at all of these posts and find me one that still involves logical debate, opinion and no personal attacks past the first couple pages.

I'm a football fan first, video game football fan a close second, and the distant third belongs to the Witcher 3 currently (GASP!!!!)

I could really care less what the consequences are. No matter how anyone feels, I can come look at this site and see what's going on no matter what.

I have personal relationships with no one here, I hate online due to lag and cheesing (buzzword!) but I hope at least there are a few people out there that wish for the same environment that made Operation Madden, sorry Operation Sports so amazing in the first place.

My names Rob Midas, I live in Colorado. Born and raised in Maryland, diehard Steelers fan and I promise I have very little money and even shakier credit, so go nuts with that info.

Love so many members passion and refusal to settle for this sh** we've been served for the last decade. An amazingly perfect football game will come, I have no idea when, I just assumed we'd be a lot closer, say 10 years ago, when we got our first "next gen" buzz video with Mcnabb and T.O.

Oh well, I guess I can rely on baseball to deliver.

Damn, baseball, I really said that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: State of message boards and information

It took me three reads to figure out exactly what the complaint was here.

You were prompted to post this because one member created a thread with his impressions on CFM news, and was redirected to the CFM impressions thread. Is that right?

There's also a reference to a thread about Joe Montana Football, but that'll be resolved if/when they stop jerking people around and provide actual info on the game - the game will get its own forum here. If that thread was really closed "because it was not entirely about Madden", that is still in line with the OS rules for as long as I can remember. Comparison threads (when there are official games to compare) go in the Other Football Games forum.

Quote:
I have personal relationships with no one here, I hate online due to lag and cheesing (buzzword!) but I hope at least there are a few people out there that wish for the same environment that made Operation Madden, sorry Operation Sports so amazing in the first place.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

I agree with everything OP posted. Mods need to stop closing some of these threads. I see a bunch of interesting threads shut down. I don't know if its a power trip or whatever it is but cut us some slacks. This isn't boot camp and some of these threads that were shutdown were potential good reads. I'm one of those ppl that don't like to scroll 4-5 pages in a 10 page thread u mentioned.

Last edited by UWfan206; 05-30-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

.......and here we go with a crusade on OS and the mods that run it. Listen, there is no reason to make these type of posts.

1) This is their message board. They run it so they make the rules. If you do not agree with how the rules are, feel free to post other places or, HEY, come up with your own message board.

2) The mods on here are friendly people who will give you explanations and information on here. From my post history you should be able to tell that I have asked mods for clarification and and even challenged some of their stances. They have always came back with with answers to my questions that I felt were not unreasonable in the slightest. The thing is is if you treat them with respect, that will in turn give it to you.

Sorry you are mad but there have already been explanations on where comparison threads go, philosophy on constructive criticism, where certain topic should be, etc. I know because I have asked for clarification on about every one of these.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
I agree with everything OP posted. Mods need to stop closing some of these threads. I see a bunch of interesting threads shut down. I don't know if its a power trip or whatever it is but cut us some slacks. This isn't boot camp and some of these threads that were shutdown were potential good reads. I'm one of those ppl that don't like to scroll 4-5 pages in a 10 page thread u mentioned.
Seriously NOT trying to get banned, but Montana 16 was/has been confirmed for E3, thus making it an official game. I also fail to see why threads on that are closed. To any mod... I am NOT trying to make you mad... I'm just confused why a message board on video games is not allowing discussion on this confirmed game???

Please have patience and forgive me. My record here - as someone who has given money to OS and contributed numerous posts and blogs helping people understand the Run & Shoot offense and the Air Raid offense - speaks for itself. Overall, I would say that I have helped many people here at OS over the numerous years, but I am left confused why/how a confirmed game at E3 can be so callously cast aside.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #6
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If you have a criticism / complaint with the way the forum is moderated, you need to send that through the proper channels, that being private messages, via the Terms Of Service:

Quote:
The staff on Operation Sports are here to help you enjoy sports gaming. We are here to make your time on these forums enjoyable, and to make it easy for you to find the information you need about all sports games. That being said, if one of us says something to you, take it to heart. Your response is not necessary. If you have a problem, PM the staff member or admin. Any public argument with any of the staff will result in your immediate banning. The staff is held accountable for their actions behind the scenes, and your opinion does matter. But a public argument does no good for any party involved.
With that I'm closing this thread unless a forum administrator feels fit to re-open it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »