Home

Madden NFL 16: Penalties Are Finally Going to Be a Thing

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Penalties Are Finally Going to Be a Thing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16: Penalties Are Finally Going to Be a Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
On top of that I really hope the retail doesn't get "tuned" again before release.
Overall I'm pretty happy....
Took a while but I'm happy some things are in. Just hope the changes keep coming.
If it gets tuned in that they turn the sliders down to 20% or something out of the box that's fine; I can turn it back up. If it gets tuned where they break the thing they finally got right then yeah that'll be bad.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope they fixed PI on uncatchable balls or balls that have gone over a WRs head before a Hit is delivered... Also I lost a game on a FG after blocking the previous attempt and being flagged for "Roughing the Kicker" when my momentum carried me into the Holder I believe not even the actual kicker... Once the ball is deflected on a FG or Punt attempt there can be no Roughing, just as a tipped Pass nulifies any Pass Interference.... I hope these instances are somehow factored into the penalties....
Old 06-15-2015, 07:40 PM   #35
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 16 Blog - Penalties and AI Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Sounds good on paper; hopefully they don't get patched out when the complaints about penalties occurring too often hits twitter and message boards.
I was surprised to read that they have tuned the default setting to be the same as the NFL average for penalties. This will definitely cause a lot of people to cry, because the average per team is about 6 per game. Sadly, I bet it gets tuned down before the game goes retail. I just hope that the sliders work well enough for us to turn it back up to a realistic level.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #36
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I was surprised to read that they have tuned the default setting to be the same as the NFL average for penalties. This will definitely cause a lot of people to cry, because the average per team is about 6 per game. Sadly, I bet it gets tuned down before the game goes retail. I just hope that the sliders work well enough for us to turn it back up to a realistic level.
If it's tuned based on the NFL averages over the last five years then I think people are going to be extremely underwhelmed by them. It's going to mostly be Holding and False Starts. DPI and defensive holding that on average over the last five years aren't even being called once per game. So if that's what they're basing their data off of, don't expect to see them too much.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If it's tuned based on the NFL averages over the last five years then I think people are going to be extremely underwhelmed by them. It's going to mostly be Holding and False Starts. DPI and defensive holding that on average over the last five years aren't even being called once per game. So if that's what they're basing their data off of, don't expect to see them too much.
My feeling is that erratic User play styles will cause more penalties to occur then would in a real NFL game.

People shouldn't be underwhelmed if they do their homework http://www.nflpenalties.com/ and see the actual distribution of what and how many penalties actually occur during a game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

On the issue of tuning and rate of penalties, did they go by a per game basis or per play?

A game with 5 minute quarters should not see the same amount of penalties as a real life 15 minute quarters game
Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
My feeling is that erratic User play styles will cause more penalties to occur then would in a real NFL game.

People shouldn't be underwhelmed if they do their homework http://www.nflpenalties.com/ and see the actual distribution of what and how many penalties actually occur during a game.
I totally agree that they shouldn't be. I just think many people are unaware and won't do the research to find out that these penalties that they've wanted aren't nearly the factor that they might have thought they were.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Yeah.

Its the most impressive thing Ive heard about Madden this year....which is depressing given all of the CCM info theyve released.
Actually it's the most impressive thing I Have heard about Madden in a decade.

This what we have been asking for.....for like...forever.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »