Home

Madden NFL 16: Penalties Are Finally Going to Be a Thing

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Penalties Are Finally Going to Be a Thing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #49
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 16 Blog - Penalties and AI Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Celebrated? Lol. This is sad. SMH.
Yeah "celebrated". I'm happy its in the game. I didnt say we should praise EA. But this is something that people who like playing NFL Football games should be happy about.

****, isnt this what yall want? Or is it truly about it being any game other than Madden. Me...I like playing realistic NFL football. I dont care if its made by EA, MS, Sony, 2k or Joe Montana.

So with this being the only choice for NFL football, I'm "celebrating" the fact that we are a step closer to realistic football. You should too if your true intentions is for a "sim" NFL game.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:30 AM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Right with you on this Sage. I'm also disappointed that chop block and ineligible man downfield is not in. Once again, flame me all you want, but I am simply asking for things that I had 12 years ago. Yes, these penalties were in football games 12 years ago, not 10 or 11. Offsetting penalties we had as well and I haven't seen anything about those. Probably something that they missed most likely

It gets tiring to continue to ask for things we had over a decade ago. I've never even asked for something that was new or innovative, I've just wanted what was taken away.

Oh well, at least they added some of the penalties and hopefully they work well for people.
Yeah, I think some people may fail to realize why they both, ineligible downfield and off setting, are such a big deal. The former because it balances screen passes or any User ad lib on timing passing plays where OLmen are getting upfield and latter because it prevents exploiting the current one penalty system. For example as it stands right now there is nothing stopping all bets off after one penalty is called/known, because there can't be another.

Point being, while the other penalties are good, needed additions, those two aspects aren't just little things that would be nice to have at some point, they're important, yet still missing, elements.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #51
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yeah "celebrated". I'm happy its in the game. I didnt say we should praise EA. But this is something that people who like playing NFL Football games should be happy about.

****, isnt this what yall want? Or is it truly about it being any game other than Madden. Me...I like playing realistic NFL football. I dont care if its made by EA, MS, Sony, 2k or Joe Montana.

So with this being the only choice for NFL football, I'm "celebrating" the fact that we are a step closer to realistic football. You should too if your true intentions is for a "sim" NFL game.
Of course it's a good thing they FINALLY addressed something that adds realism, but even when they address something, it still isn't fully addressed. The game is so far behind people have to celebrate penalties being in the game(just like when refs were finally added). That **** sounds ridiculous.

I ain't knocking anybody who enjoys this game, but to say people should be happy, appreciate and celebrate the basics of the sport being added is ridiculous. Fact is even without penalties alot of people would still praise and pump this game up, and that's fine, but to act like they'e accomplishing things that should be heralded and celebrated, is just idk, that's some other ****.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #52
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Already confirmed that offsetting penalties are not in the game. Not saying you shouldnt want more penalties but some of yall are some Debbie Downers. Jesus.

I get it...it should of been in the game years ago.
I get it...other games had it years ago.

What does that matter now though? Madden is the only NFL game we have right now so anything that gets us closer to realism and how some of those other games were is a good thing and should be celebrated.
Great post.
Hopefully they keep adding to the list of things we've been asking for (formation subs etc..). I'll be very happy if that's the case.
Can't say enough how happy I am about the D assignment addition.

As for penalties was the chop block ever animated in a past game or simply thrown up on screen that it occurred? I honestly don't remember and wonder if the visual would be the reason the NFL may not allow it if in fact they are a reason it wouldn't be added.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-16-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #53
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Fact is even without penalties alot of people would still praise and pump this game up
And as it turns out today, even with penalties there are a lot of people that can't wait to complain. It is what it is, I guess.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Of course it's a good thing they FINALLY addressed something that adds realism, but even when they address something, it still isn't fully addressed. The game is so far behind people have to celebrate penalties being in the game(just like when refs were finally added). That **** sounds ridiculous.

I ain't knocking anybody who enjoys this game, but to say people should be happy, appreciate and celebrate the basics of the sport being added is ridiculous. Fact is even without penalties alot of people would still praise and pump this game up, and that's fine, but to act like they'e accomplishing things that should be heralded and celebrated, is just idk, that's some other ****.....
Yeah see thats that bull****. In my last post, I clearly said "I'm not saying that EA should be praised" yet you are posting about "heralding EA."

You actually are knocking people that are enjoying the game. You are also knocking people who are happy about the stated improvements (stated because we havent seen videos yet) in the game. You just described those people's (including myself) happiness about penalties as "some other ****"

Big FN Deal's post about the missing penalties are legitimate but they dont really affect me. I'm not really concerned about user exploits because I rarely play online. I'm not saying that those penalties shouldn't be added. They should but the lack of those two penalties doesnt dim my happiness about the large majority of penalties being added to the game.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:53 AM   #55
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
And as it turns out today, even with penalties there are a lot of people that can't wait to complain. It is what it is, I guess.
I'm not complaining I'm just keeping it a buck. There are some people that will praise this game regardless, and there are some that will bash it regardless, it is what it is, I don't fall into either of those lanes. I just call it how I see it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #56
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Exactly. It was only a matter of time and we are finally getting at the true reason that some folks are here. They arent truly concerned about the game improving. They say they are but its a facade.

They are bitter (in some cases legitimately) about whats happened the last 10 yrs.

They are bitter about the fact that the game isnt what other games have been.

They are bitter that they didnt get the chance to see what those other games couldve been.

So no matter what EA does to bring it closer to realism (like penalties) or those other games...its not good enough and it will never be.

I focus on what we have right now. For the first time in 10 years, we have a NFL game that could potentially have realistic penalties. I'm happy about that. I dont have time to complain about the past 10 yrs or how long it took.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »