Home

Retractable Roofs Open?

This is a discussion on Retractable Roofs Open? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #89
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Retractable Roofs Open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I've mentioned before (possibly, in this thread) that this should be a quick fix that someone needs to simply fight for. This is low hanging fruit, but u would think someone on the dev team would know how to quickly add an extra GUI box to CFM' pre-game options and simply have it load up. That's it. That's all it should take.

Unfortunately, for some reason, madden GUI is reported to be tricky to deal with, which really shouldn't be the case. I work on a much smaller level, I will admit, so I don't know the complexities involved. Most 'normal' GUI's would simply have a quick 'add box for RetractableRoof'. And, then u simply add the item as a loadable game item. And, that's it. I mean, this, legit, could be a 1 day fix. But, perhaps something in the GUI is more complex? Even if it is, they should be able to simply copy/paste code, here, honestly. There has to be code for 'GUI box' or 'table column/row' type code. It just truly shouldn't be that complicated.

So, I mean, really, all u can say to be 'constructive,' is that the devs would have to simply push this as 'it's ridiculous that we don't have open roofs in CFM. It's truly low hanging fruit, but I can probably knock it out in a week.' And, of course, they've got a million other things to do. But, I mean, that's about it, they just gotta step up and do it at any point of 'downtime'. Maybe, they can patch it, idk.
It is unforgivable if it isn't patched. Look at the amount of stuff that is patched into a FPS for example. Sometimes after several patches it starts to resemble an entirely new game. I don't even think it needs to be a menu item. Just program the game to default to the closed version if the game decides that the weather will be cold/wet.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #90
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
It is unforgivable if it isn't patched. Look at the amount of stuff that is patched into a FPS for example. Sometimes after several patches it starts to resemble an entirely new game. I don't even think it needs to be a menu item. Just program the game to default to the closed version if the game decides that the weather will be cold/wet.

Really, they should default it to open, actually. This would be an instant solution to the problem for me. In reality, I'm not even sure they close the roof for rain. Maybe, if it was torrential downpours called for. Or, a blizzard. Those items are so rare, and should be fairly rare in madden, I would just assume have the roof open by default. That would give better daytime lighting and whatnot. And, I think you're correct, this would be like a 5 min programming switch. Lol. There has to be code somewhere for CFM default retractable stadium. 1 line of code, there u go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #91
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I've mentioned before (possibly, in this thread) that this should be a quick fix that someone needs to simply fight for. This is low hanging fruit, but u would think someone on the dev team would know how to quickly add an extra GUI box to CFM' pre-game options and simply have it load up. That's it. That's all it should take.

Unfortunately, for some reason, madden GUI is reported to be tricky to deal with, which really shouldn't be the case. I work on a much smaller level, I will admit, so I don't know the complexities involved. Most 'normal' GUI's would simply have a quick 'add box for RetractableRoof'. And, then u simply add the item as a loadable game item. And, that's it. I mean, this, legit, could be a 1 day fix. But, perhaps something in the GUI is more complex? Even if it is, they should be able to simply copy/paste code, here, honestly. There has to be code for 'GUI box' or 'table column/row' type code. It just truly shouldn't be that complicated.

So, I mean, really, all u can say to be 'constructive,' is that the devs would have to simply push this as 'it's ridiculous that we don't have open roofs in CFM. It's truly low hanging fruit, but I can probably knock it out in a week.' And, of course, they've got a million other things to do. But, I mean, that's about it, they just gotta step up and do it at any point of 'downtime'. Maybe, they can patch it, idk.

But, it really shouldn't take much time. And, again, imo, if it does take a long time to manipulate pre-game GUI, then they did something wrong in creating that. Lol. . Just as they made a mistake not adding open/closed roof option initially to CFM, they may have made a mistake making their GUI too complicated.

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
I like your explanation. I have some basic programming experience which is what frustrates me with madden. Before making an albatross (current GUI). They should have seen if previous features were compatible. You take code that contains previous weather and implement it properly by copying and pasting code. Once code is working with GUI you can add enhancements to weather and the retractable roofs feature. But fifteen years is more than enough time for this work, but we have not seen that. I know this is gaming, but this kind of innovation would not be tolerated with industry application developers. I mean just look at some apps today. They are enhancing every week, but madden stays the same in some areas. Or some features just fall off. Good info.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by poulka; 07-14-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Left out word
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #92
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
It's inexcusable IMO. It's obvious to me that the odds EA fixing or adding the things veteran football gamers really crave, like what is in 2k5 or Head Coach '09, are a longshot.

Don't know if it was intentional to add the long shot pun, but I like it. They add something as stupid and pre-determined as I'm sure that will be, instead of giving us veterans what we've all been asking for! Mouthpieces, open roofs, tattoos (I'd even take generic ones, better than bare arms) my Bears field not being right ( it was close in 25, then they went back to old/more wrong template in 16). Just to name a few.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
Don't know if it was intentional to add the long shot pun, but I like it. They add something as stupid and pre-determined as I'm sure that will be, instead of giving us veterans what we've all been asking for! Mouthpieces, open roofs, tattoos (I'd even take generic ones, better than bare arms) my Bears field not being right ( it was close in 25, then they went back to old/more wrong template in 16). Just to name a few.

Pun/Disgust intended and I agree with your post!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Never seen my Texans roof open

"When I die, bury me upside down.. So the world can kiss my ***"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaN_G3-265s&t=555s

Reliant Stadium open CFM - Madden 12

Last edited by baconbits11; 08-04-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #95
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

After playing some CFM games with the Falcons it looks like Mercedes Benz Stadium's roof is always open. I Tested other retractable roof stadiums and they're always closed. Every game at MBS is bright and sunny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #96
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
After playing some CFM games with the Falcons it looks like Mercedes Benz Stadium's roof is always open. I Tested other retractable roof stadiums and they're always closed. Every game at MBS is bright and sunny
Smh this is so annoying, why is it so hard to add it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »