Home

Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #89
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I played a game against the Bears and Cutler scrambled around 5 times that game. I know he is not one of the fastest quarterbacks in the game but he does have that athletic ability to scramble.
I don't remember any other quarterbacks attempting to scramble so far in my franchise so maybe it was a sign of improvement or just a fluke game. I don't know.
I wonder if this is just a Cutler issue. I remember when A&S was talking about the tuner creating wonky things he was playing against Cutler and the Bears too I believe. I hadn't seen anything at all different with the tuner when I played and had and continue to have positive results with it. That being said, I did notice some weird play when playing the Bears and Cutler. I sacked him 8 times and he ran the ball four times. But outside of that I haven't noticed any other QB's doing anything like that and I haven't come anything close to 8 sacks before or since that game so I think there may just be something up with Cutler.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #90
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I wonder if this is just a Cutler issue. I remember when A&S was talking about the tuner creating wonky things he was playing against Cutler and the Bears too I believe. I hadn't seen anything at all different with the tuner when I played and had and continue to have positive results with it. That being said, I did notice some weird play when playing the Bears and Cutler. I sacked him 8 times and he ran the ball four times. But outside of that I haven't noticed any other QB's doing anything like that and I haven't come anything close to 8 sacks before or since that game so I think there may just be something up with Cutler.
That is what I now suspect. The only wonkery I encountered was with Cutler.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #91
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
If I understand the scrambling issue correctly it's that, within CFM, QB's with "scrambling" trait do not scramble. And QB's with "pocket passer" suddenly scramble a lot. Almost as if the scramble and pocket passer traits become reversed in CFM. So, a QB like Russel Wilson will just stand there and take sacks when he should scramble sometimes. When I last played Seattle in my CFM I noticed it with Wilson, he didn't scramble, and I sacked him like 4 times.

I might have the details wrong though, someone with more knowledge of this issue should know...

Anyways, it looks like the patch didn't fix anything with scrambling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #92
Rookie

Does anyone know if there is any improvement in the drive goals?
Old 09-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #93
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof189
Does anyone know if there is any improvement in the drive goals?
No, unfortunately they didn't touch anything with Drive Goals (in spite of the community clamoring for changes). To me, this is one of the more disappointing things absent from this patch.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #94
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
If I understand the scrambling issue correctly it's that, within CFM, QB's with "scrambling" trait do not scramble. And QB's with "pocket passer" suddenly scramble a lot. Almost as if the scramble and pocket passer traits become reversed in CFM. So, a QB like Russel Wilson will just stand there and take sacks when he should scramble sometimes. When I last played Seattle in my CFM I noticed it with Wilson, he didn't scramble, and I sacked him like 4 times.

I might have the details wrong though, someone with more knowledge of this issue should know...

Anyways, it looks like the patch didn't fix anything with scrambling?
I'm not familiar with the issue either. I haven't had any issues with it. If anything it seems like nobody at all scrambles against me. QB's tend to want to go backward or become statues more than anything. I think the only true scrambling QB I've played has been Tyrod Taylor and he didn't scramble at all but neither have any QB's against me.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I just simmed a season and G. Robinson gave up 36 sacks so it doesn't seemed to be fixed in that area but he does still have 74 for Pass Block so maybe it has in one way or another. In my current CFM he's given up like 40 sacks and has 53 for Pass Block.
This issue is driven by the Sim Engine calculation of the "OVR" of the entire OL.

Set all OL on the team to have AWR above "90", and the sack stats drop to 5-12 a season.

Did this for the main players/teams that were hit with it the most for some reason to test....
- Bears
- Giants
- Panthers
- Rams

Ran several different CFM franchises/seasons to test.
- Cumulative AWR above "90" for all OL = limited sacks
- Cumulative AWR below "90" for all OL = increased sacks

But upon release/trade of an OL, the increased sacks start to happen as the cumulative OVR of the OL starts to decrease.

Found the cause, but we can't fix on our end.
Maybe this can be passed along to them as I don't Tweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
No, unfortunately they didn't touch anything with Drive Goals (in spite of the community clamoring for changes). To me, this is one of the more disappointing things absent from this patch.
Has this been confirmed by actual game play, or are you just going by the patch notes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »