Home

Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #233
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Can you expand more on altered? Do defensive ends get more pressure? I know this was one of the main complaints in 16.

Well, with interior linemen getting into their proper gaps, this could in theory help defensive ends. I can't really go into any more detail than that.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:18 AM   #234
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm sorry, but presentation was not discussed in the blog so I cannot answer this.

Thanks, gotta try, Been waiting 10 years for a user-defined camera to return. Still hope until comfirmed or not.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #235
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
Thanks, gotta try, Been waiting 10 years for a user-defined camera to return. Still hope until comfirmed or not.

Sorry. I'll pop back on here periodically when blogs get posted and try to answer questions where I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #236
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
"Smarter" is a subjective thing. I can't really answer that. What I can say is that they do have access to the same tools that users do. The AI blocked at least 1 of my kicks.

(I'm being slightly vague here because I don't want to create an idea as to how often it happens. Since it's still being tuned, I honestly don't know how it'll be when you play it. But it did happen)
I like that the AI also has the same tools as the user. I love that the AI can block kicks as well. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:33 AM   #237
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I like that the AI also has the same tools as the user. I love that the AI can block kicks as well. Thanks.
No problem. This community gave me this opportunity so I'm always happy to give back.

I am going to be on planes all day tomorrow so I'll get back on with you guys Saturday evening and Sunday.

Last edited by mrprice33; 05-14-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:11 AM   #238
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I can imagine the criticism we will be seeing after release when so many people complain about not being able to stop the run and never being able to make the play when they user their favorite player.

I think it is a safe bet to say that most gamers think gap assignment is being assigned charity work at Gap stores.

<insert Ned Stark brace yourself meme here>
Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #239
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I can imagine the criticism we will be seeing after release when so many people complain about not being able to stop the run and never being able to make the play when they user their favorite player.

I think it is a safe bet to say that most gamers think gap assignment is being assigned charity work at Gap stores.

<insert Ned Stark brace yourself meme here>
Yes, H2H defensive play, in games that aren't no switch, have always been about Users freelancing all over the field, taking advantage of various flaws in the gameplay mechanics that allow them to completely ignore their assignment and still disrupt the play quite often.

If the implementation is good, it will be hilarious to see Users getting gashed game after game because they are unable to maintain discipline with their User controlled LB or safety and then complaining about defense being broken or offense being OP.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #240
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

@MrPrice if your still answering questions:

1- Are there new HB moves? or just the pop up and the blocking more so what is new to change the run game?

2- Did you use a Power Back, and was he useful as a bruiser ,trucking people.

3-Did stiff arm work if you used a Power Back?

4- Did you notice oline blocking all around be better? Ex- not standing there watching a defender just blow right by them, looking at them, but never even trying to engage them?

Also thanks for your time and answering our many many questions that you can.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »