Home

Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

This is a discussion on Which position do you "user" against the CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #33
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

I only use a DE/DT or a blitzing LB. I want the rest of my defense to play with as little human interaction as possible.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #34
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

For the guys who play with a DT or DE...do you have to use the pass rush buttons that pop up on screen? Or can you decide if you want to use a power or finesse move on your own?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #35
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
For the guys who play with a DT or DE...do you have to use the pass rush buttons that pop up on screen? Or can you decide if you want to use a power or finesse move on your own?
Personally, I disable the icons, because they made it a little too easy for me to break the pocket than if I had to guess / go by feel, etc...

I can't recall which toggle shuts them off....but in M16 that was an option...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #36
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

If I can disable them I will. I just wasn't sure if, as a player, you had the choice of going with a power move or a finesse move. I wasn't sure if the icons were acting as a suggestion or if you have to click that button to have a successful rush?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Personally, I disable the icons, because they made it a little too easy for me to break the pocket than if I had to guess / go by feel, etc...

I can't recall which toggle shuts them off....but in M16 that was an option...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
If I can disable them I will. I just wasn't sure if, as a player, you had the choice of going with a power move or a finesse move. I wasn't sure if the icons were acting as a suggestion or if you have to click that button to have a successful rush?
Yeah, I disable them too. They are a suggestion based on the greater likelihood of that move being more successful, but you can choose to use the other move if your player is also good with those techniques and the blockers ratings are weaker than your guys ratings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #38
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Ok, if I can choose, I'll just disable them. Played a little last night with Aaron Donald and blew up a run play in the backfield. Then switched sides and played with Carl Nassib. Big difference in ability lol...I liked that I was involved in every play, but not necessarily dominant on every play. Keeps you in the game more for sure.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #39
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
This is exactly how i play defense. I definitely like to play a short zone on which ever side the CPU is going to most, or based on which side the RB or TE is lined up; I play to anticipate the short out routes and any crossing routes. It is amazing how bad the CPU QB can be if you can take out their short pass option in the flat..

I have seen the CPU QB do more over throws on attempts to deeper receivers just because I covered their HB out in the flat or the TE in the flat.

On 3rd and long/medium situations, if the CPU uses a RB, I always control a LB to the RB side to cover the screen, which the CPU tends to use a lot in those situations.

Lol. Yup. I didn't mention that. That's something I do a lot of as well. Particularly if I call man D. I play as the LB covering the RB. Then, I cover that sucker coming out into the flat or the angle route, etc. It does seem to throw the CPU QB off quite a bit, and I see those errant passes as well. The RB, imo, is sort of the easiest/quickest guy to cover, and when u cover him well, your entire D seems to cover their guys well, also. U can also get CPU Ints from teammates from time to time when U play the RB extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2016, 03:13 PM   #40
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Depends. Either the FS or SS. Those are the only two I've ever controlled lol, I'm not good at DL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »