Home

Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Free Safeties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Free Safeties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 17 Player Ratings - Top 5 Free Safeties

Quote:
Originally Posted by manEATgod
Sanders also had legendary speed and agility. In the game he will play as a much better man cover guy than Honey Badger because of those attributes. You need to understand the man coverage rating is only part of the equation.

No Pat Pete has more speed and size to cover those types of receivers. I never thought Pat Pete had the best man coverage on the Cardinals.

Giving Honey Badger 98 man coverage in the game makes him play true to his real life counterpart. I'm going to leave it at that.
Like I said earlier. Badger isn't covering WR1. He's got slots, TEs, and backs. 89 Man at most should lock them down. This guy isn't locking down great WRs on an island like Revis. Madden is making this guy a true lockdown corner playing saftey which he isn't.

He's the best man cover saftey in the league NOT the best man cover guy in the league. Don't get it twisted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #26
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts
Like I said earlier. Badger isn't covering WR1. He's got slots, TEs, and backs. 89 Man at most should lock them down. This guy isn't locking down great WRs on an island like Revis. Madden is making this guy a true lockdown corner playing saftey which he isn't.

He's the best man cover saftey in the league NOT the best man cover guy in the league. Don't get it twisted.
So did you have a problem with Chris Harris's coverage rating? He covers number 3 and 4 wr's most of the time.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #27
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Damn HCD is only 13th...

I feel like he is massively underrated.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-01-2016, 05:59 PM   #28
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea Mathieu has coverage rating too high compared to the others.

I know PFF is not the only good source but, they have him listed at CB not FS. He plays mostly in the slot.

Here is how he stacks up at coverage with the top 5 CB's according to PFF

1. Mathieu 91.5
2. Jason Verrett 91.5
3. Johnathan Joseph 89.2
4. Josh Norman 87.8
5. Patrick Peterson 87.1

So to have Mathieu that far ahead of even CB's in his coverage ratings is not accurate according PFF data
Old 08-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
So did you have a problem with Chris Harris's coverage rating? He covers number 3 and 4 wr's most of the time.
But according to PFF Harris was also the best in the slot with opposing qb rating against.

Harris also starts. That means covering the number 1 and 2 on the outside. It's nickel that he kicks down to the slot.

But according to this the honey badger could be put on the number 1 receiver and lock him down with no help.

Do you believe he could lock down Dez Julio dt those toe of receivers? Because that rating means he can because that is what people will do in madden because that rating will make it possible for him to cover anyone not just slot players.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #30
Rookie

manEATgod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yea Mathieu has coverage rating too high compared to the others.

I know PFF is not the only good source but, they have him listed at CB not FS. He plays mostly in the slot.

Here is how he stacks up at coverage with the top 5 CB's according to PFF

1. Mathieu 91.5
2. Jason Verrett 91.5
3. Johnathan Joseph 89.2
4. Josh Norman 87.8
5. Patrick Peterson 87.1

So to have Mathieu that far ahead of even CB's in his coverage ratings is not accurate according PFF data
Is this PFF category just looking at man coverage? Also Pat Pete is going to be better and more complete in man coverage due to his other attributes, just like in real life,which is why he follows the best around instead of Honey Badger.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
But according to PFF Harris was also the best in the slot with opposing qb rating against.

Harris also starts. That means covering the number 1 and 2 on the outside. It's nickel that he kicks down to the slot.

But according to this the honey badger could be put on the number 1 receiver and lock him down with no help.

Do you believe he could lock down Dez Julio dt those toe of receivers? Because that rating means he can because that is what people will do in madden because that rating will make it possible for him to cover anyone not just slot players.

No, completely wrong. The man coverage rating is only half the equation, the other part is the physical skillset. How many times must that be said?

Now having said that, I still think his MCV rating is too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
No, completely wrong. The man coverage rating is only half the equation, the other part is the physical skillset. How many times must that be said?

Now having said that, I still think his MCV rating is too high.
But this is madden I've never seen the height weight make a difference on the receiving side. You can easily put a small corner on a big receiver because the ball is tethered to a receiver or dB. So with his coverage and his physical traits in madden he will stick to those guys and cover them.

So if he can't cover those outside receivers his rating is to high. Using PFF as a reason shouldn't be done unless it is equal. As in covering a number 1 vs covering a back. One takes more ability.

A safety shouldn't have a higher man coverage than a corner who is covering the outside receivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »