Home

Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #89
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

The image that Rex posted last night actually is somewhat worrisome when it comes to custom playbooks. In the image it says you can change your playbook in the coaches section. Well, last year, if you used a custom book you could not select it from the coaches screen. You had to select it in the pre game menu only. If that stays the same this year, custom playbooks will not be able to have formation subs.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #90
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Developer Q&A Confirms Formation Subs Included in Day One Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I wonder if we will be able to set & save formation subs for CPU controlled teams without using 32 team control? I would hate for it to be exclusively for the User.
Without hearing it from the horses mouth I am fairly certain 32 team control would be needed to customize anything other than your own team.

You can't access other teams depth charts, injury management, scouting etc unless you create a coach or owner for said team. I don't see that mechanic changing.

I am really pleased this is finally back in Madden. Long overdue. No doubt I am doing a 32 team Owner CFM and setting up formation subs for all 32 teams so I can get highly realistic RBBC situations, slot WR usage other than specific playbook plays which the AI may not call as often as others. The proper LB's/DE packages for pass rush and running situations etc. This will make the games even more competitive vs the AI.

A great idea for a thread this season is a Master Formation Sub Set Up Thread where we can have a central place for key formations subs we should be making to every team so we can enhance and make the most authentic offline 32 team CFM experience!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #91
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: Madden 17 Dev Q&A with Matt Kato of GameInformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Does anyone actually want a story mode? I hate when I see that stuff in sports games. Unless they can make it completely non-linear where you can control every aspect of it, it is just lame. I don't want some forced story where I am forced to be undrafted, try out & cut from teams etc. I'd rather them just fix player Career mode and make that more interactive.
Well the current "player mode" is completely disappointing. It's basically player lock, since you can select the team you want to play on.

I would want a story mode. Primarily because it has not been truly accomplished in a football game. With the big name EA has, I'm sure they could get a known story writer and actors in.
Now I will admit its probably MUCH harder to portray a mode with the number of players football has compared to baseball, basketball, or soccer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #92
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah I don't understand how you could set cpu formation subs outside of 32 team control, seems impossible to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #93
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
The image that Rex posted last night actually is somewhat worrisome when it comes to custom playbooks. In the image it says you can change your playbook in the coaches section. Well, last year, if you used a custom book you could not select it from the coaches screen. You had to select it in the pre game menu only. If that stays the same this year, custom playbooks will not be able to have formation subs.
Pretty sure he said in the interview that they will work for customs.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #94
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Without hearing it from the horses mouth I am fairly certain 32 team control would be needed to customize anything other than your own team.

You can't access other teams depth charts, injury management, scouting etc unless you create a coach or owner for said team. I don't see that mechanic changing.

I am really pleased this is finally back in Madden. Long overdue. No doubt I am doing a 32 team Owner CFM and setting up formation subs for all 32 teams so I can get highly realistic RBBC situations, slot WR usage other than specific playbook plays which the AI may not call as often as others. The proper LB's/DE packages for pass rush and running situations etc. This will make the games even more competitive vs the AI.

A great idea for a thread this season is a Master Formation Sub Set Up Thread where we can have a central place for key formations subs we should be making to every team so we can enhance and make the most authentic offline 32 team CFM experience!!
Yo I like that idea
Old 08-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #95
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Ah, thinking... will simmed stats and super simmed stats adjust for formation subs (e.g. say if a backup isn't just a backup, but actually on the field for special teams and nickel packages etc). I would hazard a guess no, but it would be great if stats also reflected amount of time spent on field in formation subs too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #96
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I don't understand how you could set cpu formation subs outside of 32 team control, seems impossible to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whats funny is NCAA 14 had a bug that allowed that to happen. You could start a game. Switch over to the CPU's team. Make the formation subs and they would hold the entire season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »