Home

Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
When you say you move guys around what do you mean? Do you actually manually move them presnap yourself?
I mean like shifting the line or linebackers one way or another to try and overload one spot of the offensive line. I don't manually control any of the blitzers and move them into gaps. But I've seen my linebackers come flying down towards the backfield and literally stop, turn around, and run in the opposite direction away from an almost guaranteed sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 07:10 PM   #146
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Running into an issue sporadically where I hit triangle when the ball is in the air and nothing happens at all. Particularly on deep ball 1 on 1 situations...

Am I doing something wrong there?
Old 09-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #147
Rookie

WhoDat45's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Running into an issue sporadically where I hit triangle when the ball is in the air and nothing happens at all. Particularly on deep ball 1 on 1 situations...

Same thing happens to me I was just finna come ask to the same ?
Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #148
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat45
Same thing happens to me I was just finna come ask to the same ?
Same. My guy just freezes on the ground as does nothing.

I'm wondering if that happens when your guy doesn't have the play ball trait...?
Old 09-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #149
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Are you hitting or holding the button? I played about 40 games and today I did the passing drills to see if I was missing anything. I found out for catching you have to hold the button not just push. Might be the same for defense and it might not be.
Soccer: Manchester United/Real Madrid/AS Roma/Lyon/Bayern Munich/Chicago Fire
Old 09-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
I mean like shifting the line or linebackers one way or another to try and overload one spot of the offensive line. I don't manually control any of the blitzers and move them into gaps. But I've seen my linebackers come flying down towards the backfield and literally stop, turn around, and run in the opposite direction away from an almost guaranteed sack.
I think blitzes have predefined gaps that the blitzer comes through, so by shifting him left/right you may only be forcing him to take a weird angle. I don't think it applies to every blitz though now that I think about it. I'll have to check that. But it would explain players running into each other.

As for players turning around, you're not using the play the run mechanic are you? I would need to see video of that to figure it out.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #151
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
My kicker has 96 kick power.

The CPU kicker has 88.

The CPU can consistently kick it to the back of the endzone on kickoffs.

Mine can barely get it past the 10. Am I not supposed to be trying to stop the line in between the two white arrows? I don't understand.

This is on default All-Pro btw.

Also, CPU kickers never miss field goals under 52 yards, and I never get through when attempting to block, no matter which defender I chose.

What am I missing here.
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. All you have to do is time the snap like you do with any lineman or blitzing LB. I think it's just programmed not to trigger the block animation/zoom-in as often, at least for the user. I'd also assume the chances of the block animation triggering rises the longer the FG distance, but not at all guaranteed.

The way I see it (and I could be completely wrong), block attempts happen in two parts. First, there's the die-roll or what have you that determines whether the defender gets a clean shot at the block. Second, user input in timing the jump/dive for the block that determines the outcome.

Unless the window for a successfully timed snap is significantly shorter than timing the snap with a defensive lineman on a regular play, this is the only thing I can assume to be the case, as I usually have a high snap-jump success rate on regular plays. That, and there's no "Early" or "Late" indicators that appear above gunners on FG's like there is on DL and blitz backers. So user timing doesn't appear to factor in on the snap unless the die-roll or whatever says so.

I've only had one block animation trigger for me so far out of many, and I was successful in blocking it. Every other time, I couldn't even get a chance at it. If they did nerf the success rate in blocked FG's somehow, I'm glad they did. Otherwise, you'd be dealing with a bunch of players from the other side complaining it's too easy.

Last edited by bigd51; 09-05-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #152
Rookie

WhoDat45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Same. My guy just freezes on the ground as does nothing.

I'm wondering if that happens when your guy doesn't have the play ball trait...?
IDK but ive had the same issue since madden 16 and it cause for me to get beat on simple plays that could have been picked

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »