Home

Official Madden 17 Equipment Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Madden 17 Equipment Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #89
Rookie

Kenbro_504's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 17 Equipment Wishlist

Can we get the teams that actually wear white shoes to have them in the game KANE! only team that has it is Dallas. Kc, dolphins, bears, broncos etc don't have that option to have white then primary color cleats that they really have in the nfl
Old 09-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #90
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Jordan 9 are the shoe of choice this year by Jordan Brand athletes. Maybe we can get them in game this year.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #91
Rookie

WMoore75's Arena

Madden should really adopt the way MLB The Show does cleats color options because as you can see in the attached picture; almost each player wears a different colorway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (457.9 KB, 231 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2016, 08:04 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd like to see the following:
  • Realistic / better looking spat (i.e. the tape on a player's cleats & ankles). The "White Full Spat" and "Black Full Spat" look way too bulky and almost more like a cast on the guy's foot than it does like spat.
  • Add additional color options - instead of just white & black - for spat (ex: I can add orange or blue spat for players on the Broncos, in addition to white and black).
  • As others have said, make it so we can customize the color of guys cleats using team colors plus neutral ones like white/black/silver/grey, similar to how it is done in MLB The Show (which would make it so that we can match a player's cleats to one another color wise / make it so that they are how they actually are in real life since the color schemes EA used don't necessarily reflect how they appear on Sundays).
  • Add the neck board (commonly referred to as a "Butterfly Restrictor") in place of the outdated neck roll in the game. I don't think I have seen anyone in the NFL wear the only one that is available in the game in the past 10-15 years. How someone from EA hasn't picked up on this is beyond me, especially since it seems like the butterfly restrictor used to an option in NCAA Football / Madden.
  • Though I doubt the NFL and its teams would ever allow it, it'd be cool to have the ability to make alternate uniforms using teams' existing colors (I'm not suggesting the use of alternate colors that do not jibe with those that the team has always used). That'd allow us to implement stuff like the rumored alternate jerseys that Nike was going to make for all 32 teams (kind of like they do with the "Pro Combat" jerseys in college).
  • Expand on the series of cleats of each manufacturer. For instance, Nike has five different versions of the Lunarbeast series (even though only one is shown in the game): Force Elite TD, Force Elite Lightning, Force Lunar Pro D, and Elite Ground Quake.

I'm partial to Nike so obviously I'd like to see more of their stuff added, but UnderArmor is very much under represented (especially when consider how many guys are now wearing their cleats/gloves) with only 4 pairs of cleats and only 2 pairs of gloves (that you can only get in primary/secondary team colors).

Similar to how there is the Nike Vapor Untouchable and the Nike Vapor Untouchable 2, this would add different "styles" or color schemes to a cleat that is otherwise the same for the most part (and would help make up for it if we can't do custom colors on cleats a la MLB The Show).
  • If you can't add that many cleats to the game, at least add more position specific ones. Examples would include the Nike Alpha Field General Elite for QB's and the Lunarbeast Ground Quake for OL. **Please** also add the lower cut version of the Nike Alpha Pro...

I may be in the minority here, but I think EA could make some serious $bank$ if they offered such a high number of options for equipment that it got to the point where it wouldn't be possible to include them all in the base game and they were then offered as DLC. I would gladly spend $1-5 for an "equipment pack" download giving me an endless choice of cleats and gloves to put on players (given how much I play franchise, I'd much rather spend $ on that than MUT packs). Same goes for stuff like new types of helmets and/or facemasks that weren't included in the base game.

Yes they should still offer a reasonable amount of stuff for free, but say they wanted to go and offer all the custom colors schemes/"paint jobs" that Nike and Under Armor offer on their cleats and gloves. Obviously it'd be difficult to get all of those added to the game when it came out, so if they came along and offered them later as DLC (similar to how they used to do with alternate jerseys in NCAA Football...even if that was poorly executed/had problems), I think they could be just as big of a money maker as anything else that they offer.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJooones
I'd like to see the following:
  • Realistic / better looking spat (i.e. the tape on a player's cleats & ankles). The "White Full Spat" and "Black Full Spat" look way too bulky and almost more like a cast on the guy's foot than it does like spat.
  • Add additional color options - instead of just white & black - for spat (ex: I can add orange or blue spat for players on the Broncos, in addition to white and black).
  • As others have said, make it so we can customize the color of guys cleats using team colors plus neutral ones like white/black/silver/grey, similar to how it is done in MLB The Show (which would make it so that we can match a player's cleats to one another color wise / make it so that they are how they actually are in real life since the color schemes EA used don't necessarily reflect how they appear on Sundays).
  • Add the neck board (commonly referred to as a "Butterfly Restrictor") in place of the outdated neck roll in the game. I don't think I have seen anyone in the NFL wear the only one that is available in the game in the past 10-15 years. How someone from EA hasn't picked up on this is beyond me, especially since it seems like the butterfly restrictor used to an option in NCAA Football / Madden.
  • Though I doubt the NFL and its teams would ever allow it, it'd be cool to have the ability to make alternate uniforms using teams' existing colors (I'm not suggesting the use of alternate colors that do not jibe with those that the team has always used). That'd allow us to implement stuff like the rumored alternate jerseys that Nike was going to make for all 32 teams (kind of like they do with the "Pro Combat" jerseys in college).
  • Expand on the series of cleats of each manufacturer. For instance, Nike has five different versions of the Lunarbeast series (even though only one is shown in the game): Force Elite TD, Force Elite Lightning, Force Lunar Pro D, and Elite Ground Quake.

I'm partial to Nike so obviously I'd like to see more of their stuff added, but UnderArmor is very much under represented (especially when consider how many guys are now wearing their cleats/gloves) with only 4 pairs of cleats and only 2 pairs of gloves (that you can only get in primary/secondary team colors).

Similar to how there is the Nike Vapor Untouchable and the Nike Vapor Untouchable 2, this would add different "styles" or color schemes to a cleat that is otherwise the same for the most part (and would help make up for it if we can't do custom colors on cleats a la MLB The Show).
  • If you can't add that many cleats to the game, at least add more position specific ones. Examples would include the Nike Alpha Field General Elite for QB's and the Lunarbeast Ground Quake for OL. **Please** also add the lower cut version of the Nike Alpha Pro...

I may be in the minority here, but I think EA could make some serious $bank$ if they offered such a high number of options for equipment that it got to the point where it wouldn't be possible to include them all in the base game and they were then offered as DLC. I would gladly spend $1-5 for an "equipment pack" download giving me an endless choice of cleats and gloves to put on players (given how much I play franchise, I'd much rather spend $ on that than MUT packs). Same goes for stuff like new types of helmets and/or facemasks that weren't included in the base game.

Yes they should still offer a reasonable amount of stuff for free, but say they wanted to go and offer all the custom colors schemes/"paint jobs" that Nike and Under Armor offer on their cleats and gloves. Obviously it'd be difficult to get all of those added to the game when it came out, so if they came along and offered them later as DLC (similar to how they used to do with alternate jerseys in NCAA Football...even if that was poorly executed/had problems), I think they could be just as big of a money maker as anything else that they offer.

Well put ....good job
Old 09-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #94
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJooones

I believe this is a horrible idea. I've been playing these games for years, and the direction these companies are going with adding a bunch of stuff as DLC that technically just needs to be in the game for authenticity's sake and not monetizing every little feature. We, as consumers, need to demand this stuff to be in the game and keep after them. if we don't then we lose the power of our dollar to affect the quality of the game.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #95
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

Game is missing the gloves Antonio Brown
and Clay Matthews were wearing in week 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #96
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

Request for nxt roster update please

Doug Baldwin
Sleeves - Sleeveless
Right Elbow - Rubber Pad
Sock Height - Low (since there's no tape underneath cleats, and shows little white)

Jermaine Kearse
Cleat - Nike Lunar Beast
Clear Visor

Prich
Left Arm Sleeve

Bobby Wag
Right arm sleeve

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »