Home

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

This is a discussion on How's your CFM going? M17 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #1081
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your CFM going? M17 edition

I had a blast with my jaguars in cfm untill the cpu injury system took over the animations don't fit the injuries at ALL !!

I was going 6-5 with some monentum untill the cpu decided to implement some script into my season where bum *** HB's break 2 or more tackles to decide a game .

I thought 2k basketball was scripted in game outcomes and scenarios so thatd why i left that game collecting dust.
But madden is surprisingly scripted as well . I wish the game was more effort based because its an enjoyable game ..far more than 2k17 .

I dont expect miracles with my jaguars but it seems like the game outcome scenario's are definitely scripted whether its broken tackles or late game fumbles you name it .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #1082
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Look at how my linebacker runs towards the QB but freezes while being able to sack the ish out of matt ryan loll i thought 2k was bad but im encountering toooo much cheats happening to dictate the outcome of games in favour of the cpu ..this is unacceptable. ! 2017 on a ps4 and still they make games like this is astonishing. .why would my LBer freeze and not sack the QB ???

I don't know how to embed video ..i only have a youtube link .

But has anyone encounter this madness in CFM ?

https://youtu.be/jNM8hR9ycgQ
Old 04-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #1083
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
After the patch I started up a new CFM, 32 team control year 1 so I could control rosters, resignings, etc. Bit of a slow process, but eventually made it to the first offseason.

Decided to start out as 49ers, under new coach Shanahan. Playing offense only, may look to fill HC vacancy in 1-2 seasons. Mimic'd FA signings best I could.

Currently wrapping up the 2017 Preseason, went 1-3. Drafted Solomon Thomas #2 and Mitch Trubisky fell to me at #34. Solomon had a great preseason, forcing a fumble on the opening kickoff of game 1. Trubisky was up in down, showing flashes but not enough to overtake Hoyer as starting QB heading into the season opener.

Below is recap of draft.
How did you get realistic draft classes? Did they allow draft class editing?

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Old 04-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #1084
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

Im having an issue with the team stats . In contrast to the other league teams i am number 1 in pass yards allowed although i have a losing record. ..how can i fix this ? I play 8 minute quarters but the team stats are not realistic compared to the rest of the teams .Thanks
Old 04-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #1085
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
How did you get realistic draft classes? Did they allow draft class editing?

Using the player editor. Assigned top 5 guys per position to real life prospects and edited after draft. Also edited my class and some standout rookies during the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #1086
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just finished my very first draft in Madden 17 and really any Madden at least since 2003 or earlier (I cannot even remember doing a draft back then). I mentioned before that I have always been an NCAA guy, so I made the transition to Madden.

I never thought of the draft as being very exciting, but I was very pleasantly surprised. On top of that I have struggled to really get deep into the game until recent mostly just because I don't have a lot of interest in the NFL.

My first season I ended up 7-9 with the Lions with Stafford playing maybe 2 full games (out with injuries 3 times). Orlovsky missed many easy passes and was horrible throwing the deep ball, and Rudock became my #1 with a couple games left when we were already out of the playoff hunt.

I was in dire need of CAP space so I cut Stafford, did not resign Orlovsky due to age and lack of productivity, and failed to resign Rudock putting me at 0 quarterbacks.

I also made some other transactions like bringing in Bradley Roby and Will Compton. I also freed up some more CAP space by cutting trading a couple other guys, but I won't go into depth. I was able to create some good CAP space for the future and help aid my finances as I am on probation. I was around a $60 million deficit and now am around $20 mil in deficit. I really don't know what I am doing handling the finances yet, but now that I'm starting to dig into the game I'll get it figured out.

My thought was that I would take a 1st round quarterback as there were some good prospects in the draft. I then went to FA and offered Rudock more money and low balled Johnny football and another quarterback and ended up getting all 3 of them, so I had depth, but needed my starter.

With that being said I entered the draft with the #11 pick looking to fill my qb need first but also needed to build at FS, DT, OG, & OC. I considered trading up for the #1 qb, but passed as there were 3 more that I was interested in. When my pick arrived there was literally no one at any position that I wanted to take that high, so I traded my pick to the Cowboys who had the #31 pick and gave me a 3rd and 7th round pick as well. The next two quarterbacks fell off the board and I really started to worry that I wasn't going to get a quarterback that I wanted. There were 4 worthy of the 1st round, but after that the talent level really fell off.

Turned out the last qb I was interested in was still around and I picked him up. 78 ovl with Quick development. He is mid 80's to low 90's in all passing accuracy and a high 80's throw power. Also, 78 speed. He turned out to ironically be the #11 player in true talent and I believe the #20 quarterback in the league.

Through trades I did pick up a few extra draft picks, but failed to do much more than build depth. I did get a guard that will be an immediate starter in the third round, but that has more to do with lack of talent at the position than him being a gem. I'm hoping to develop him into a solid starter.

All in all I thought the draft was a blast and a nice change from NCAA recruiting strategy, especially since you can't really build your team up to be able to get anyone that you want like you can with recruiting. I really felt like every decision I made was pretty important and loved the thrill of taking the risk of trading my first round pick to attempt to still get who I wanted and add a few picks along the way.

Played my first preseason game and my new qb was almost perfect including a deep bomb to Golden Tate in stride which I missed so many times with Orlovsky. I also found a potential star rookie wr who is 96 speed. He was a really late pick of mine and his overall is mid 60's but with his speed had a nice game catching something like 7 passes. I may put Tate and Jones on the outside and use the rookie to work the slot position.

Defensively, I am going to struggle if the first preseason game is any indication as the Bucs picked me apart.

Right now I am pretty weak at both of the interior lines and FS, so I am going to do my best to scout and fill those needs in the next draft.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:43 AM   #1087
Rookie

OVR: 2

First game completed and my rookie qb completed 80% of his passes, 6 TDs, and no INTs against the Steelers. What an amazing difference.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #1088
Rookie

Cleveland Browns Online Franchise

Special Rules:
-Each team picks 2 Captains(Can't be cut)
-Each player chooses 3 players to cut from other user teams.(15 total)
-Can't change player positions or rotate around. IE a ROLB must play ROLB/a safety can not play CB etc.
-Can't sign or trade for players that are higher than current starter at "x" position. IE If your best CB is overall 64, you can't sign a player higher than 64 at that position.
-Draft picks are exceptions to the previous rule BUT they DO NOT COUNT towards your starting overall for that position. IE: If your current starter is 65 ovr, but you draft a 80 ovr, you can still only sign 65 ovr or less.
-Can't trade players that are 35 or older.
-Signed FA CAN NOT be traded at anytime.
-If a player is a rookie or in his 2nd season, you must trade a draft pick of equal or greater value to what he was drafted, and you must include a player that would be a starter for the team you are trading with.

-Choose Duke Johnson and Emanuel Ogbah as captains.
-Forced to cut Robert Griffin, Isaiah Crowell, Gary Barnidge, Joe Thomas, Joe Haden, all 3 starting corners aside from Haden, 3 other offensive lineman, and a couple others on defense.

-Traded for Redskins HB Keith Marshall
-Signed HB Dri Archer
-Signed HB Kenyan Drake
-Traded for Dorial Green-Beckham(2nd Round pick and Scooby Wright)

2-2 in preseason
9-4 currently in the regular season(Won 5 games on last second field goals)

Cody Kessler is starting QB. 2,865 yards 230/318 19TD 16INT 72% comp.
Kevin Hogan went 487 yards 39/65 2TD 1INT 60% comp filling in for Cody during his injury.

Josh Gordon has been unstoppable throughout the season. 119 REC 1,629 yards, 9 TD.

Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Dorial Green-Beckham, and Terelle Pryor have made up a great receiving core in the best passing attack in the league.
Can't wait to pick up an equally great 5th WR in the offseason to round out the 5 wide sets/depth. Coleman got hurt for 4 weeks and it has affected our passing game a lot.

The not so great Browns running game is now coming to life late in the season thanks to the efforts of Kenyan Drake. Drake has exploded onto the scene in weeks 13/14, putting both Johnson and Marshall to shame. 42 carries for 451 yards, 10.7 yard avg, 8 TDs, 9 broken tackles, and 2 fumbles. Duke Johnson and Keith Marshall are now backups to Drake.
Johnson is 105 att 460 yards 4.4 avg 7 TD 3 fumble.
Marshall is 28 att, 83 yards 3.0 avg 2 TD 1 fumble.

The Browns are currently fielding the 2nd best defense in the league. Ranked 2nd in pass yards and rushing yards. 4th in points allowed. Last in sacks/fumbles caused. Low end on the interceptions.

Running a mix of 5-2, 3-4, and quarter.

4 Game winning streak currently, Bills Chargers and Steelers remain. Looks like we will be at least Wild Card. Bengals are currently 1st in division with a 8-4-1 record. Not sure why they are put ahead with a tie. I'm 9-4, 2-0 against the Bengals, and undefeated in my division.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »