Home

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

This is a discussion on How's your CFM going? M17 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #1113
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How's your CFM going? M17 edition

Orlando Black Knights

2017 Super Bowl - NFC South vs AFC East rematch

The Falcons returned to the SB and faced off against the Bills, who put together a Wild Card run for the ages. Would the Falcons finish what they started a year ago and win the Super Bowl? Or would the Bills finally win that elusive title? Will post the playoff recap next time.

2018 Offseason

Resigns - All players on 1-year deals walked, remaining original Redskin players released, only players on roster are 10 players from the practice squad (‘core’ players).

Free Agency

Round 1 - Expansion draft (28 players, puts roster at 38), the following players were drafted to the Black Knights:

QB- A Murray (LAR)

HB- M Murphy (BUF), M Dyer (KC)

WR- C Latimer (DEN), B Walters (JAX)

TE- J Cumberland (LAC)

OT- B Witzmann (KC), D Stephenson (DEN), M Oher (CAR), TJ Clemmings (MIN)

OG- O Franklin (LAC), J Greco (CLE), V Ducasse (BUF) D Dozier (NYJ)

C- J Kelce (PHI)

DE- R Jean Francois (GB) B Reed (ATL)

DT- S Charles (JAG), L Guion (GB)

OLB- M Herzlich (NYG), J Casillas (NYG)

ILB- J Stanford (NYJ)

CB- L Young (CAR), J Bethel (ARI), B Wreh-Wilson (ATL)

S- C Maragos (PHI), A Bethea (ARI), C Prosinski (CHI)

Round 2 - Picked up a few players, highlighted by DT H Ngata and former Gator players (my bias)

Round 3 - Majority of depth/fringe 53-man players.

Free Agency Recap

Black Knights pickups

QB- J Cutler…(maybe), Z Mettenberger, T Bray, C Keenum

HB- K Taylor, H Wegher

FB- J Casey

WR- S Johnson, L Murphy, A Caldwell

TE- T Wright

OG- W Beavers

DT- H Ngata

EDGE- D Jordan, R Powell

LB- J Bostic, B Spikes

CB- M Roberson

SS- M Wright

K- D Carpenter, M Nugent

P- S Weatherford

Ex-Washington signings

TE J Reed to Cowboys - 5yrs $46M
LT T Williams to Bears - 5 yrs $69.2M
CB J Norman to Lions - 1 yr $12.4M
QB K Cousins to 49ers - 5 yr $120M

Other notables

QB J Garoppolo - Tagged
WR J Gordon to Panthers - 3 yrs $14M
TE C Brate to Cardinals - 4 yrs $20.2M
RT Z Strief to Texans - 2 yrs $15M
LB G Hodges Jr to Dolphins - 4 yrs $31.6M
QB B Osweiler to Cardinals - 3 yrs $20M

Up next is the NFL Draft. Like next year real draft, this one has a lot of QB talent in the 1st round. 3 of the top 5 projected players are QBs, with 5 total earning round 1 grades. The number one projected player is an athletic, strong LT. The class also features a workout warrior ILB, big time pass rushers, three stud-looking RBs (one being the heisman winner), and more.

Should we go for a franchise QB with Allen, Darnold or Rosen? Or wait and hope Lamar Jackson (#32 projected) or Mason Rudolph (#20 proj) fall to pick 33.

Or what about a workhorse RB? Saquon Barkley is a top-10 projected player, Bo Scarborough set SEC records on his way to a heisman trophy and Nick Chubb might be the best of them all, posting top-3 speed and top strength at the combine. But he’s only #25 proj, is it a reach at #1? Do the Knights try to trade back into round 1 and get him?

And what about Arden Key or Tyquan Lewis, a stud edge rusher; Derwin James, the hard hitting safety; or Mike McGlinchey, the best OT prospect in years and #1 projected….

Who do the Black Knights take? Does it even matter knowing the player will likely walk after 4/5 years of subpar football… we shall see!
Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #1114
Rookie

LLCoolJake93's Arena

OVR: 0

Very good. I posted last summer that I was making a 2002 roster, and I did that. Unfortunately, most of the work was done inside the franchise, so I was unable to make a complete roster file to share. A mistake on my part. Myself and a friend are playing a CFM through the seasons. We are on year three (2004 season). Playing on All Madden and drafting players for all CPU teams. If you want to take a look at how I do that, here is our proboards page to keep track of draft picks.

http://madden2002.proboards.com/

I am the Colts, and my roster is looking pretty good in year three. Definitely need to address defensive line and cornerback in this upcoming draft.

QB: Peyton Manning, Kliff Kingsbury (draft)
RB: Edgerrin James, Michael Turner (draft), Julius Jones (draft), Reuben Droughns (FA)
FB: Mike Karney (draft)
WR: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward (FA), Kelly Campbell (trade), Kassim Osgood (draft)
TE: LJ Smith (draft), Antonio Gates (draft)
LT: Tarik Glenn
LG: Shaun O'Hara (trade)
C: Jeff Saturday
RG: Ryan Diem
RT: Jacob Rogers (draft)

DE: Calvin Pace (draft)
DT: Larry Tripplett
NT: William Joseph (draft)
LOLB: Dwight Freeney
MLB1: Hunter Hillenmeyer (draft)
MLB2: Dontarrious Thomas (draft)
ROLB: Mike Vrabel (FA)
CB1: Samari Rolle (FA)
CB2: Dennis Weathersby (draft)
FS: Sean Taylor (draft)
SS: Bob Sanders (draft)

K: Ryan Longwell (FA)
P: Hunter Smith
Old 05-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #1115
Rookie

herdfan50's Arena

Alright I am finally getting back into this game again. I want to start a franchise with a team that is middle of the road. I was thinking about the Bears, Ravens, or the Redskins. Does anyone have a recommendation for me and how to spice up their franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #1116
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan50
Alright I am finally getting back into this game again. I want to start a franchise with a team that is middle of the road. I was thinking about the Bears, Ravens, or the Redskins. Does anyone have a recommendation for me and how to spice up their franchise?
Of those three, I find Baltimore to be the most challenging. They have a weak O-line, mediocre WRs (with no consistent deep threat), and a crummy run game. Decent defense (for Madden), but one where key players are aging.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #1117
Pro

So I decided to start a CFM at the start of the summer. I used a classic roster and did some editing to ensure that all the players in the league are fiction about 13 years in. Created myself to rebuild the Steelers who had fallen on hard times. Picked in the top 7 in each of the last three seasons before my hiring. Made some trades to unload some pricey players that are on the decline to gather picks. My approach was to use the draft to build the core of my team while building around it with smart mid tier free agent pick ups.

Year one started ugly as an injury to my top pick QB Chris Hoover delayed the start our new era. We stumbled out of the gate to an 0-4 start. Losing 2 games in OT while having a negative TO margin for the first quarter of the season. Once Hoover was healthy we finished the last 3/4 of the season 8-4 reaching .500 for the first time in 7 seasons.

In year two we continued to add through the draft and smart free agency moves. Though we were young I was very confident in my roster's ability to make a playoff push and push for a division title. I had either done a hell of a job in my scouting or I just happen to hit a lucky streak as I had absolutely nailed both drafts. We had a great season going 12-4 and winning the AFCN and grabbing the two seed. An important loss to KC late in the Season gave them home field. After thumping the Jets 27-6 in the divisional round we packed our bags for KC. The Chiefs pretty much dominated us from the get go. A repeat of the prime time game in their house during the regular season. 42-21.

Heading into the off-season I decided we were going to make draft picks that would help strengthen what weaknesses the Chiefs exploited. Improving the secondary was priority number one. I made my first big FA move signing 28 year old former LA Ram CB Marques Cavka to a 2 year deal worth about $12M per year. My first round pick was also spent on CB Antonio Hall. My third season was something exciting. We raced to an 11-2 start finding ourselves once again in a battle with KC for the top seed of the conference.....but once again they got the best of my squad with a 27-16 butt whopping on prime time. The chiefs just seemed to have our number. We would wrap up our season at 13-3 with the Chiefs finishing 14-2 and HF for the second straight season. After the bye we played host to the surprising Jaguars who rebounded from a 4-12 season with an 11-5 campaign led by a journey man QB who had by far his best season finishing in the top five in yards and TDs. On a snowy day in Pittsburgh his hot streak would end though as we absolutely unloaded on the Jags. Forcing 4 turn overs and capitalizing with a balanced attack on offense we won 45-14.

Next up was another date with our nemesis. This chapter in the rivalry would unfold differently though. On the first play from scrimmage OLB Griffin Blair would have a sack fumble setting us up within the 20. A TD toss from Hoover 2 plays later would give us a lead. We continue to attack the Chiefs on both sides of the ball. Mid way through the 4th quarter with the score 31-17 2nd year safety Fishers Compton stepped in front of a dig route intercepting the KC QB and running it back to the 8. 3 run plays later we would pound the ball in with my rookie fullback Wesley Harris to put the dagger in their hearts. After three straight butt whoopings we had finally bested them Not often do I get a sense of accomplishment like I did in this moment while playing madden. Very satisfying to finally best them.

Then it was time for the SB. We would face the Giants who absolutely ran through the NFC. 13-3 record for the regular season absolutely running through the NFC. Not a single loss to a conference opponent. Their NFC dominance continued through the playoffs as they outscored their opponents 75 to 27.The first half was a slug fest dominated by the defenses. The half time score would be 10-6.......a Giants lead. The second half would unfold differently as we exploded on offense scoring 24 points to grab a SB title with a 30-17 victory. The Steelers are back and we will be around for a while!

KEY STATS FROM SB YEAR:

Steelers Stats -
PassingC/ATTYDSAVGYDS/GLONGTDINTRAT
QB Chris Hoover (24)370/5604,5928.2287813410104.1
QB Allen Speegle (29)14//261596.1191169.2
RushingATTYDSAVGLONG20+TDYDS/GFUM
RB R.J. Finley (26)2901,3924.84510872
RB Jerod Baber (23)1265924.7776371
FB Wesley Harris (22)301023.41546.30
QB Chris Hoover321314.11628.23
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTDLONG20+YDS/GYAC
WR Marshall Turner (24)1101,42612.9941
WR Cortez Smith (26)801,12314.0881
TE Keith Small (25)59701 11.9534
RB R.J. Finley565018.9227
WR Isaac Lindell (31)4248911.6431
TE James Carrethers (24)2122910.9622
FB Wes Harris1417812.7016
RB Jerod Baber210452.0171
BlockingPCAKESACK
LT Erik Booty (29)
LG Stanley Tripp (23)
C Terrell Downs (28)
RG Allen Smith (25)
RT Jerami Westerfield (26)
TacklesSacksInterceptions
DefenseSOLOASTTOTSACKTLOSSPDINTTD
LILB Jason Mobley (26)410
RILB Joita Banks (28)2.520
LOLB Lonnie Scott (25)13.510
SS Fishers Compton (21)3.531
ROLB Griffin Blair (26)10.534
FS Cashaud Lyons (29)130
CB Marques Cavka (28)070
CB Antonio Hall (22)110
CB Joqua Fort (25)310
S Melvin Tandy (29)200
RE C.J. Burk (24)600
LE Braxton Scott (28)600
NT Poppy Tolliver (25)2
Field GoalsExtra Points
KickingFGMFGAPCTLONGXPMXPAPCTPTS
Brody Cromwell (25)313686%516161100%154
Old 07-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #1118
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I just wrapped up my 3rd season in CFM. In the first one Brady Retired. Now He's back!? Do players unretire? He's in the FA pool with the Jets being the top Bidder so far. I am reluctant to continue as this is kind of a buzz kill for me. I was really into my CFM but this sorta thing ruins it for me

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 07-15-2017, 02:31 AM   #1119
Rookie

OVR: 2

So just to hold me over till Madden 18 comes out, I decided to start a new franchise using four teams and relocating them to international cities. I'm calling it my International Series Franchise. Here are the four teams I relocated and their new names.

Jets-London Monarchs
Bills-Dublin Shamrocks
Browns-Toronto Mounties
Jags-Mexico City Conquistadors

Went through the offseason and did some minor changes. London picked up FA QB Mike Glennon to try and bridge the gap until their rookie 1st rounder is ready to handle the reigns. Traded both Wilkerson and Eric Decker for draft picks to free up some cap space as well. Going to be a lengthy rebuild in London.

Meanwhile down South in Mexico City, the 'Dors sent Dallas a 2nd rd pick to trade for veteran QB Tony Romo. MC has a talented roster that could compete for the playoffs with Romo behind center. We also brought in Darrelle Revis after his release from the Monarchs.

Up North, the Mounties are in for a lengthy rebuild. This draft wasn't a strong one for QBs but I drafted 6'5" Palmer Beach out of Cal in the 3rd rd. He's a 72 ovr to start so Cody Kessler is getting the first shot to start.

Dublin may be the team best positioned to win right away with Tyrod Taylor at QB and Le'Sean McCoy in the backfield. The Shamrocks defense has some strong pieces as well.

That's all for now!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Old 07-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #1120
Pro

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

Currently in 2028 and watching probably the greatest career by a CPU QB I've ever seen in all my years of playing Madden. This dude has played 8 seasons, and every season he has thrown for more than 4200+ yards and 34+TDs. He has 8 pro bowls, 5 best QB awards, 3 OPOY, 4 MVP's, and won the OROY. His career totals so far are 38,028 yards, 313 TDs, and only 94 ints. Plus he's only 29. Like I said, I've never seen a generated CPU player dominate like this.
Edited to add photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39

Last edited by Greencollarbaseball; 07-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »