Home

How's your CFM going? M17 edition

This is a discussion on How's your CFM going? M17 edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #17
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How's your CFM going? M17 edition

I will be rolling with my Falcons, will work on settings with Josh in slider thread. I twitch broadcast all testing and when I start my CFM. Probably going coach instead of owner.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #18
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait to start mine tonight, still deciding on teams but from what I have seen 17 looks good.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #19
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll be doing a YouTube franchise with my favorite team, the Detroit Lions. Before I hop into franchise I'll attempt to cut down every roster to 53 players so I don't see any egregious cuts in preseason like the Browns cutting Carl Nassib or the Jaguars cutting Yannick Ngakowe, etc. The only move I'll make to start is signing Johnny Manziel to the team lol, I plan on using him in a special package with formation subs.

Here's my YouTube if you guys want to subscribe and follow my franchise as its happening: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjz...Fk6p5Z0Rkv129w

Hope you guys will enjoy it!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #20
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0

Started my Falcons franchise on Wednesday night. I am an avid Falcons fan and follow the team pretty closely so I decided to make De'vondre Campbell and Deion Jones my key players to work with plus Neal and have been throwing to my RB's a bit more as the Falcons plan to do. I started off on All Madden with base sliders and played the Bucs week one. Got down 23-7 in the first quarter and considered restarting and playing some play now to get the hang of it but decided to stick it out. Julio caught a BOMB touchdown from Ryan to close out the half down 23-14. I started to get the hang of defense and subbed Freeney in for passing downs and he started to work his magic. He had 1.5 sacks and several hurries on Winston. We forced a fumble on a sack and scooped and scored to go to 23-21 and kicked a FG to take a 24-23 lead in the 4th which we would no relinquish. Won 34-26. Game 2 was bad. I changed my sliders to my set from last season and lost to Oakland 40-21. Freeman had 3 TD's but I couldn't get my passing game going and Ryan had 2 picks, including a pick 6. They also blocked a punt for a TD so points off turnovers were 21-0 them. 3rd game was against New Orleans. Got down 10-0 early but had a nice drive for 6 ending with Austin Hooper getting his first TD. Stopped NO on the next drive and once again went down the field on them to score again on a pass to Tamme, 13-13 with the extra point coming and...blocked and returned for 2. Down 15-13. After that it was all Saints coming out with a 34-13 win. My defense isn't bad, only allowing 4 TD's all year but the turnovers are killing us. Ryan has 4 INT's (3 pick 6's) and 3 fumbles (2 lost). Basically it is 2015 all over again :/ I will be on tonight trying to pick up win #2 against the 2-1 Panthers who are coming off of back to back 45 point games after losing to Denver week one 21-13.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #21
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I will be rolling with my Falcons, will work on settings with Josh in slider thread. I twitch broadcast all testing and when I start my CFM. Probably going coach instead of owner.
What kind of plans do you have for the Falcons? I am 1-2 so far and anticipate having difficulty making the playoffs now. I think Worrilow is out and Jones is in at MLB for me from now on and I was thinking Campbell in for Spoon but he has actually kind of killed it for me. Definitely seeking offers for Alford and moving Colins to the #2 corner and maybe working on him and Van ****. I want to get a new CB in the draft if neither of them work out. I have my "NASCAR" package at Dime with Beasley, and Freeney at DE and Hageman and Clayborn at DT that I want to try out. I love the makeup of the team though.

Last edited by jtshurtleff; 08-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #22
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Won my first game of the season vs the browns 19-10 i should have had much more points but Wentz threw 4 INTs - 2 were my fault and 2 were bad throws. Ryan Matthews had 140 rushing yards including a 75 yard touchdown run. Wentz also ran for 75 yards on the ground. the defense did great I had 6 sacks. Fletcher Cox had 2 and also a safety. WR Nelson Agholor had 7 catches for 92 yards which was good to see since he needs to step up for my receiving core to be good enough.

Week 2 I take on the bears which should be another win
Old 08-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #23
Rookie

I got the game last week and I have to say its by far one of the best Maddens I have played. It has it flaws but exceptional nonetheless. As for my franchise...

I'm rolling with the Dolphins and am currently sitting at 5-3 going on the road to play the Chargers. Tannehill got hurt for several weeks with a torn shoulder. In his absence, Matt Moore tore up the league with 7TD to 2 INT ratio. When Devante Parker, Landry, and Stills are in the line up all at once, the offense is scary good.

We are currently #1 in the division with the Bills close behind at 5-4. The Patriots had a hard time recovering from Brady's 4 game suspension as they're in third place with a 3-5 record.

Next up is the San Diego Chargers who are 3-5 and finally figured out how to sign Bosa.

One quick observation from my franchise observations is that all QB's throw a lot of interceptions. Far more than what is standard in the real NFL. Hopefully some good sliders come out to alleviate this.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM   #24
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
just started up my Eagles franchise!

-created a new coach
-traded away bradford for a 7th round pick (I want to start Wentz)
-with more cap space without bradford i signed ben grubbs FA G to start
- cut WR rueben randle among others
- added some guys to my practice squad including 70 OVR rookie who was poached by the Chargers immediately (woops)
- focused my weekly training during preseason on LBs/DBs and WRs/QB. i feel my teams biggest weakness is CBs and WRs
- my 3 focus players are Wentz, Jordan Mathews, and Jordan Hicks
- simmed preseason games
- set my season goal to 8 wins which i think is reasonable
- went with cody parkey over caleb sturgis for kicker

first game of season vs Browns i cant lose this one

go eagles
Another Eagles fan here, see u said you traded Bradford for a 7th, who did you trade him to and is that the best you could get for him?

I want to trade him as well in my CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »