Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #169
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

@admebroski, just showing that one screenshot isn't a good representation of all the data it compiled, here is a video showing way more data that was collected with VIP and I'm not even sure that is a complete breakdown of the system.

It's cool if you didn't care for it but I don't get why you seem to be mischaracterizing it and equating it to some Madden scout system.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:36 AM   #170
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

It's been a while since a Madden thread has been derailed in order to make sure that the honor of NFL 2K is not besmirched.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:38 AM   #171
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
In reference to the Cover 1 press issue..there are several reasons in my opinion..
1. You either win the press or lose..no between
2. Along the lines of 1..there isn't enough animations..there are several technics in press..you have one hand press depending on shad and follow..full press normally used in cover 2..press and bail which has been made popular by Seattle in Cover 3..this is just a few..then u need more bad jams animations
3. Press rating needs to be more effective
4. Needs to be less jams called by CPU in 0 coverage..and less press called in general
5. We most have press/jams in zone coverages..so players don't always know.."ok single high coverage, ball snapped, Flanker just got jammed..I have single high Cover 1"

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
And to add to your list Qb's are WAY too accurate on deep passes, 99% of the time they are perfectly thrown, the receivers don't even have to adjust.

Last edited by Americas Team; 05-24-2017 at 01:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #172
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Hopefully they do this for all EA Sports games, especially FIFA.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #173
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's been a while since a Madden thread has been derailed in order to make sure that the honor of NFL 2K is not besmirched.

I think, in this case, at least, we haven't said things like, 'NFL 2k5 was the best game ever! Madden sux!' . Lol. We're just talking about the VIP thing as computer AI snuck into the conversation. But, wow, seeing those quick vid clips does remind me how far behind madden has been for years. Lol. . But, I've been digging madden, again, since 13, really. And, 16 and 17 were both very respectable and fun to play. I'm still playing CFM in 17, and I actually played MUT this year. As a sim CFM guy, I'm embarrassed to say I liked MUT. Lol. I didn't play online at all, but actually enjoyed the mode as something different to do with challenges here and there. And, collecting random players throughout the year was interesting. Looking forward to seeing what 18 has and most intrigued by the target passing, for sure. NFL 2k5 will live on as a legend of video game football, no matter what madden does. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #174
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
And to add to your list Qb's are WAY too accurate on deep passes, 99% of the time they are perfectly thrown, the receivers don't even have to adjust.

For the record hate agreeing with Cowgirls fan..ughhh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 05-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #175
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Lol, not at all, just defending the honor of promising tech that has been used in the sports gaming space, no different than when others discuss page after page of NFL Fever's Read n Lead, FIFAs this, The Show's that, etc. The seeming premise behind VIP, of recording various data from Users to create a different CPU/AI experience, is solid and like I mentioned before, EA Tib apparently thought so since they claimed to have done something similar in M15.

In reference to the derailing comment:
Spoiler

the discussion about VIP was within that context of speculation about what "The year the the User" meant. Company branding aside, that type of User based tech to enhance AI/CPU, while also providing various scouting data and differentiating tendencies for coaches, coordinators, etc, could be a win for User v User, User v CPU and even CPU v CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #176
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I think, in this case, at least, we haven't said things like, 'NFL 2k5 was the best game ever! Madden sux!' . Lol. We're just talking about the VIP thing as computer AI snuck into the conversation. But, wow, seeing those quick vid clips does remind me how far behind madden has been for years. Lol. . But, I've been digging madden, again, since 13, really. And, 16 and 17 were both very respectable and fun to play. I'm still playing CFM in 17, and I actually played MUT this year. As a sim CFM guy, I'm embarrassed to say I liked MUT. Lol. I didn't play online at all, but actually enjoyed the mode as something different to do with challenges here and there. And, collecting random players throughout the year was interesting. Looking forward to seeing what 18 has and most intrigued by the target passing, for sure. NFL 2k5 will live on as a legend of video game football, no matter what madden does. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh, piling on/sweeping under the carpet and throwing excuses up in thin air doesn't quite cut it when it could have been ignored and moved on from.

I'm sure this still holds water until 8/1/17.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ding-bans.html

As a friendly reminder, I would suggest that the talk cease on the the other game and steer more in the Madden direction.

People can take it to the other forums or PM to discuss anything further.

A mod can remove this post if they disagree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »