Home

Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

This is a discussion on Which position do you "user" against the CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

Anytime conversations are started about how to get better at "usering," it always seems to focus on user vs user interaction. I don't play online all that much for reasons that many of you have already discussed - cheese, nanos, pause-glitch, etc.

However, I am always stuck in a bit of a pickle when it comes to usering against the CPU. So many people say to user the MLB or a Safety, but again, that's against another human player. I've found that the CPU, while beatable, does not make the same silly reads and mistakes that a human player can be rushed into. Thus, not a lot of opportunities to "bait" the CPU into a throw. Due to this, I'm always switching around who I control, but, I find that I'm terrible with a MLB or a Safety. HOWEVER, I seem to play well with a Corner or an OLB. Sometimes, playing well can really just mean, not a lot of action. Last game I played, I controlled the Corner assigned to DeAndre Hopkins (which changed depending on where he lined up), and held him to 2 catches for 27 yards. Which felt great b/c I went man-to-man on him several times and when they went deep I contested two passes, but, if you play your zone well or play man coverage well - you can get very little action.

I don't know if it has to do with mainly focusing on a single side of the field versus focusing on the entire middle of the field. I'm really just curious if anyone has found themselves in a similar situation? I will even user the defensive line sometimes. Hell, I've even gone so far as to control a 0-Tech and just focus on taking on as many lineman as possible to free up my LBs. Again, I'm just curious if anyone plays with positions other than the typical MLB and S combo that seems to dominate the Madden world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 03:47 PM   #2
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

Same as I do vs a human, one of my ILB's, usually the one weaker in coverage. Unless I'm in man, then I user my SS. Only time I user a rusher is if I'm in 0 coverage, which is rare, or if it's short yardage and I expect a middle run of some kind then I'll user the DT. If I'm playing someone who loves traps, automotion ect, then I'll try to shoot the gap with the ILB even in short yardage. With automotion I try to time the snap and hit the QB before the handoff. People in my CFM's know to not try that automotion stuff against me lol.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

I only user a DL or blitzing LB. I am a liability to my team under any other circumstance.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
I only user a DL or blitzing LB. I am a liability to my team under any other circumstance.
Yep. Only DE and DT for me. I'd say that 90% of my snaps for a season are with the left DE. It's very satisfying when I end up with 50-60 total tackles for the season from that position.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I switch between my FS and SS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Usually free safety. Tbh, I think the sim method would be to control your best player. This way, you can't make players really play above their ratings
Old 07-31-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I user the DT or DE.... nothing like causing havoc in middle freeing up the linebackers to do their thing.

I've tried other positions but useally end up getting toasted and giving huge plays.

I like also being the closet player to qb...
Old 07-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #8
Rookie

I usually use the weak side edge defender vs the CPU. Most likely a OLB since I run a 3-4 but if I'm in nickel, I'll control the slot CB and play a foot or two inside of the slot receiver. Like putting a 3rd safety as the slot. Really helps the pass without giving too much room to run. Jimmie Ward was really good in this role in my 49ers franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »