Home

Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #65
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Seems to me The Devs have created this whole sim vs competitive thing just to hide behind the fact they can't correct the legacy issues and gameplay ....which is causing the sim and competitive community to be upset in the first place.

If what a "sim" or "competitive" guy see plays out during the game made sense no one is going to complain. However when you see warping, players sliding, suction tackles, suction blocks, QB's under no pressure throwing insanely bad passes, Fast players getting ran down by slower players, High man coverage CBs getting lost guarding lower route running WR's, Offensive Line blocking that makes no sense, HB/FB's that are useless in pass protection, Pulling guards getting knocked on their tails by DB's, Mario running, animations taking control of your player away from you, players running into invisible barriers that cause them to go into animations that make no sense, "nano detection" as a means to solve broken gameplay design for the Line of scrimmage, a poorly implemented juke system, no way to send more than one player in motion on offense(Like in real football) and 900 other things wrong with this game....People are gonna bitch.

NONE of these things are ever really talked about in any detail here by the people mods of operation sports or any youtuber or game changer.
Its all talked around, glossed over and excused away by we are building a foundation, its a 3 year plan, we don't have resources, we don't have time, wait till next year, etc. Meanwhile a lot of what we want was in a game 11 years older than Madden.....that we cant talk about in a madden forum because people get butt hurt by the truth. We know we cant upset the devs or we wont get free copies of madden and free trips to Tiburon.

Its funny how a Dev called Ryan Moody out on getting some money from axis football for some work he helped with and asked how can he not be biased, but THEY can hand out free plane tickets, feed you, and give you free copies of madden and special treatment to tubers who parrot what they want them to say. Do they wonder if all these people are not biased.

I am sick and dam tired of getting the same excuses, and brought back from the dead game play features presented as NEW. Do you realize we have wasted 11 years of dev cycle and have NOTHING innovative in Football games to show for it.

Preach it!

I have followed these forums since around 2010, and a lot of people have been patiently awaiting for this football game to make its' next big leap. That patience has turned to impatience, and now that the straight up came out this year and said that they put CFM resources into other areas, that impatience has turned into anger, disappointment and frustration for a lot of long time madden players.

I have seen more negative post about this game until after EA Play when they announced some of their features.

I want to see an interview where they ask the developers the questions that we have been asking. Not sparing their feelings and getting real candid answers. Things like:

Where do you feel Madden competes with other sports titles?

What do you think Maddens' biggest downfall is?

What do you expect offline franchise players to think when they play a franchise mode with the exact same features as last year?

Why does Madden restrict customization when it comes to team building, stadium creation, draft classes, team relocation, and jerseys?

If you had a job, and came up with as many excuses as EA does for why something wasn't done or added to the game, you would be fired. Especially when the guy in the cubicle next to you (2K) is crushing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #66
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I want to see an interview where they ask the developers the questions that we have been asking. Not sparing their feelings and getting real candid answers.

You won't see another interview from them if they did. Look up the Forbes interview with Madden's Executive Producer where the whole thing is him responding "not at this time." I doubt that guy will get another Q&A ever again. All of this stuff is "you scratch our backs, we scratch yours" PR, it's just the way it is. They get free trips to EA and exclusive content and interviews, Madden gets "community influencers" touting how great the game is. You start asking the tough questions and you lose your golden ticket. There's nothing wrong with it, just the way it is.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 PM   #67
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=SmashMan;2048879086]You guys are a little early on the "It sucks that Operation Sports forces me to present complaints in a mature way" stuff. That's usually closer to release./QUOTE]

Not sure where your seeing the immaturity, just a good amount of people agreeing on their level of frustration with some IMHO common sense things.

You know in "that other developers amazing game forum" you may see some complaints and frustration, but not nearly to the level that it is here. That means either 2k's fans are more mature, or theyre much more pleased with that developers representation of that sport.

This seems to be a repeating theme every year here on these forums. A good sized group of people that are frustrated with (need I really rehash everything in one post). And a few people who are satisfied with the games incremental improvements that never seem to catch up to all the things 2k basketball has had available for years telling them how immature they are.

Its true sometimes things get can get a little immature, but on the whole alot of the complaints come from valid points and sound criticism, even from someone who worked with the game (didnt mean to call you out).

So that short little sarcastic comment didnt really seem to accomplish alot except to make it seem luke your sticking your nose up and adding fuel to the fire so you can sit back and eat your popcorn.

I suppose I just took your bait

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sport
Old 06-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 1

To be fair, this isn't the first edition of Madden to have a mode overlooked to benefit another area. It sucks, but I'm not sure where the huge fuss is coming from. Most of us should remember 06-09 on 360 & PS3, THOSE were worth getting pissed over. After Madden made the leap to those consoles we didn't get a decent franchise mode until Madden 10. Not to mention all those years of busted superstar mode, or the years of untouched barebones online franchise prior to CFM (or CCM, as it was then).

The mode may not be where we all think it should be, but at least it's playable, you know? Could be a lot worse. Could be Madden 06 on 360 worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #69
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
No question criticism should always be an a mature productive way.

Separately, there is something to be said for the inherent bias that certain companies and individuals have when their status is predicated on access. For example, might a a major gaming website be hesitant to give an very critical review to a major gaming company for fear of losing exclusives, interviews, early access to game to review etc. ? It would only be rationale.

I can only speak for myself here, but I used to write and do reviews here at OS. And I was never once told by anyone at this site or was never asked by any company to skew my articles or reviews in any way.

I currently work for another site, and I can say the same there. When I write about, or review games it's my opinion and mine only.

I'm not saying this kind of stuff doesn't happen, but it never happened here or wherever else I am working.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

[quote=michapop9;2048879147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
You guys are a little early on the "It sucks that Operation Sports forces me to present complaints in a mature way" stuff. That's usually closer to release./QUOTE]

Not sure where your seeing the immaturity, just a good amount of people agreeing on their level of frustration with some IMHO common sense things.

You know in "that other developers amazing game forum" you may see some complaints and frustration, but not nearly to the level that it is here. That means either 2k's fans are more mature, or theyre much more pleased with that developers representation of that sport.

This seems to be a repeating theme every year here on these forums. A good sized group of people that are frustrated with (need I really rehash everything in one post). And a few people who are satisfied with the games incremental improvements that never seem to catch up to all the things 2k basketball has had available for years telling them how immature they are.

Its true sometimes things get can get a little immature, but on the whole alot of the complaints come from valid points and sound criticism, even from someone who worked with the game (didnt mean to call you out).

So that short little sarcastic comment didnt really seem to accomplish alot except to make it seem luke your sticking your nose up and adding fuel to the fire so you can sit back and eat your popcorn.

I suppose I just took your bait

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sport
I disagree a lot with the complaints in the other forum, there are a lot and lot geared towards gameplay.

However, that is taking the discussion into a whole other area that isn't needed.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:45 PM   #71
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Seems to me The Devs have created this whole sim vs competitive thing just to hide behind the fact they can't correct the legacy issues and gameplay ....which is causing the sim and competitive community to be upset in the first place.

If what a "sim" or "competitive" guy see plays out during the game made sense no one is going to complain. However when you see warping, players sliding, suction tackles, suction blocks, QB's under no pressure throwing insanely bad passes, Fast players getting ran down by slower players, High man coverage CBs getting lost guarding lower route running WR's, Offensive Line blocking that makes no sense, HB/FB's that are useless in pass protection, Pulling guards getting knocked on their tails by DB's, Mario running, animations taking control of your player away from you, players running into invisible barriers that cause them to go into animations that make no sense, "nano detection" as a means to solve broken gameplay design for the Line of scrimmage, a poorly implemented juke system, no way to send more than one player in motion on offense(Like in real football) and 900 other things wrong with this game...

These are all valid criticisms. The rest of the post was unneeded, but I concur with a lot of what you did productively comment on..

I think that frostbite is going to do a lot to cleanup a number of animation and player interaction issues.

Some of the other stuff are often byproducts of people adjusting sliders and not knowing what they are doing. Run the legacy games without touching anything (autosubs, gameplay assists, penalties) and so many of those issues don't happen. Now...the real issue is that there is so much hidden code under the gameplay settings.. when people get impatient on minuscule sample sizes, they start adjusting things. If the coding under the hood was fixed for those settings, we would have more fidelity to actually tweak things without breaking the game.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 06-21-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #72
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
To be fair, this isn't the first edition of Madden to have a mode overlooked to benefit another area. It sucks, but I'm not sure where the huge fuss is coming from. Most of us should remember 06-09 on 360 & PS3, THOSE were worth getting pissed over. After Madden made the leap to those consoles we didn't get a decent franchise mode until Madden 10.

The mode may not be where we all think it should be, but at least it's playable, you know? Could be a lot worse. Could be Madden 06 on 360 worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Absolutely it could be worse. However that is just another excuse to accept mediocrity.

In the grand scheme of things, Maddens franchise mode hasn't had anything ground breaking added to it besides Super Sim. And someone who likes to play full games, that doesn't do much for me.

I'm tired of other games having what I want in Madden, and after 12 years and two console updates of having the exclusive rights to the NFL, EA has not done much to impress me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »