Home

Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #41
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm hope this helps clear some misunderstandings up.

Total Control Passing is nothing more than "Stick Sensitivity" which has always been used in the game.
The issue is that it's always been hidden to users and set at "50".

So instead of forcing "100%" Total Control Passing as the standard (probably knowing there would be a portion complaining), they've mapped the control so that it's initiated as a "option" during gameplay for those that want to use it.

Initiating it will come with a "high" risk/reward.

In Sim Mode, Player Ratings matter esp on the defensive side as "passing windows" have been made really tight (through tuned def player ratings and new fluid player movement of Frostbite) that the normal WR button press will not put the ball were you really wanted/intended to put it.

There's still choosing to bullet, touch and lob the ball that has to be considered.
Again "options" given to the user with a risk/reward attached to the choice.

**You will be able to "create" route changes on a WR route dependent on WR ratings to recognize and/or adjust to the change. (of course with high Risk/Reward)

- who hasn't been screaming to be able to attempt an authentic "Back Shoulder" throw on a tightly guarded pass catcher w/out it being tethered"

Again, we've all been using "Stick Sensitivity" alread during gameplay, but with a reduced impact placed upon the user.
Now "100%" is mapped to controller as an high Risk/Reward option for each user to initiate if they choose.

Lastly,the initial pass will be against the coverage of AI players (this includes H2H unless DB's are being usered at the snap), so even when you initiate TP, there still remain "Gameplay Sliders" that can be altered to minipulate the affect of TP during H2H gameplay as it relates to AI players.

Options = User Customization.
User Customization = Increased User Enjoyment/Experience

Even if it's a mechanism I might not use, looking at the bigger picture, for the sake of increased User Customization, I say add it with the hope that eventually a mechanism that I desire (User Defined Camera - caugh- caugh!!!) will eventually be made an option.

"...Sometimes the easiest way to enter, would be to walk through a door that's already been opened, instead of waiting in frustration for a key to enter into a specific door"

Let "Customization" enter however it can!!!
I dont disagree with anything here. All of this is great, but its not taking into account the most important player on the field. If im going to struggle with it, im going to with brady, rodgers, gabbert, geno smith, trubisky, carr, etc. If im going to get really good im going to be really good with (copy and paste from above). Its a great mechanic (the idea anyways) but it misses what many of us in the sim community have wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #42
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

So this just makes lead passing, which was already ridiculous, even more ridiculous?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-20-2017, 12:44 AM   #43
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

How hard would it be to make accuracy matter in the typical dice roll way that it does now? To add to this the speed of the reticle could be tied to awareness. Essentially it could make qbs with awareness in the 70s relegated to half the field, 80's to two thirds, and 90's from sideline to sideline. (With minor differences inbetween).

Im no expert but the part of the engine that controls the movement is basically a vector program which means its all math and numbers based, it seems very doable.

Competitive mode it could be just straight "where you put it is where it goes."
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
I dont disagree with anything here. All of this is great, but its not taking into account the most important player on the field. If im going to struggle with it, im going to with brady, rodgers, gabbert, geno smith, trubisky, carr, etc. If im going to get really good im going to be really good with (copy and paste from above). Its a great mechanic (the idea anyways) but it misses what many of us in the sim community have wanted.
I hear you, but there's a crucial aspect that gets totally lost dealing with this discussion.

They can program the AI to behave like their real life counterpart (T. Brady), but as soon as said Player is under User input, it's no longer that replicated player because we will override the programming to behave based on our perception.

Outside of some Player specific animations, "No" sports game has been able to lock down keeping said player within character when under User control.
It's impossible!!!

The best they can do is add options to +/- the challenge placed upon the User when controlling a player.

I just think that we as sports gamers often go overboard and lose sight with the topic of Simulation, that certain aspects of the "Simulated Sport/Player" is overwritten by our Usery input and there's nothing to prevent this if we are to inject ourselves as a player into the gameplay.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:03 AM   #45
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm hope this helps clear some misunderstandings up.

Total Control Passing is nothing more than "Stick Sensitivity" which has always been used in the game.
The issue is that it's always been hidden to users and set at "50".

Have we seen footage of the new passing system yet?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
How hard would it be to make accuracy matter in the typical dice roll way that it does now? To add to this the speed of the reticle could be tied to awareness. Essentially it could make qbs with awareness in the 70s relegated to half the field, 80's to two thirds, and 90's from sideline to sideline. (With minor differences inbetween).

Im no expert but the part of the engine that controls the movement is basically a vector program which means its all math and numbers based, it seems very doable.

Competitive mode it could be just straight "where you put it is where it goes."
And there would others in the Sim community arguing against random die-rolls and reticles when QB Usery.

Anyways, the debate will always be there with so many splintering perceptions at play.

It all comes back to making more options available to increase user customization.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Have we seen footage of the new passing system yet?

I don't know what the big holdup is dealing with gameplay footage so that the 99% that couldn't attend EA Play can see things in action (Tweeted and asked about this).

As far as I heard, gameplay footage this year was mentioned to be sourced through the various community leaders (by Rex in one of the interviews if I remember correctly, may be wrong) with dev blogs releasing in July sometime.

I played with it at EA Play.

Freaking hard when initiated, even on simple passes.

Never seen a simple screen pass float over the RB's head, until I initiated the mechanism along with a bullet Pass over the DL pass block attempt.

It just sailed on a path out of bounds instead of being tethered to the RB.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:35 AM   #48
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't know what the big holdup is dealing with gameplay footage so that the 99% that couldn't attend EA Play can see things in action (Tweeted and asked about this).

As far as I heard, gameplay footage this year was mentioned to be sourced through the various community leaders (by Rex in one of the interviews if I remember correctly, may be wrong) with dev blogs releasing in July sometime.

I played with it at EA Play.

Freaking hard when initiated, even on simple passes.

Never seen a simple screen pass float over the RB's head, until I initiated the mechanism along with a bullet Pass over the DL pass block attempt.

It just sailed on a path out of bounds instead of being tethered to the RB.
Damn, sounds like a good mechanic just they should've made the size of the rectical tied to qb acc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »