Home

Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games?

This is a discussion on Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games?

I would say if you don't have a PC or have a older, slower PC, then get the game console for your 2 games. I have a decent PC and I get almost all games for PC. Mods and customization makes games much better. Thank you nexus. I have a PS4 that pretty much only gets used for Netflix. But that's because I have a very strong distaste for the direction Madden Franchise has gone. Pretty much have given up on Madden. If you like Madden and play it a lot, it may be worth it for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0
Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games?

When you start to get bored with what you have, look into GameFly. It's $15 a month and a great way to experience all the great games, like the God of War and Uncharted franchises, without having to buy each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 06-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
Once my FPS FBPro 98 leagues started to lose steam, along with the complete demise of the franchise when FBPro 99 was recalled
I thought I was the only one who loved that series!! What a blast from the past! FLEA! FLEA! lol...I still harbor hope for someone to make a game like that again on the PC. I'd actually build a brand new gaming PC just for it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencollarbaseball
When you start to get bored with what you have, look into GameFly. It's $15 a month and a great way to experience all the great games, like the God of War and Uncharted franchises, without having to buy each one.

Just don't count on getting brand new games right away. It's a great service and I recommend it but if you want a brand new game you will usually wait 2 to 3 weeks, give or take, before you will get it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Just don't count on getting brand new games right away. It's a great service and I recommend it but if you want a brand new game you will usually wait 2 to 3 weeks, give or take, before you will get it.

That's true a new game is tough to get, I just throw them in my queue and and when they show they show. It allows me to try games that I never would have played because I know I wouldn't spend $60 just to see if I liked them.

2020: 52-39
Old 06-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I wound't say that Madden is worth purchasing a new system for, though I might make the argument that The Show is.

That said, I have a PS4 and an XBO, and what I like about these systems is their ability to double as an entertainment hub in a broad sense. So even if you only play two games, you can get a lot of other uses out of the system as your Blue Ray player, your multimedia hub, etc.

So from the perspective of the other, non-gaming uses, I'd say it's worth it to purchase a new system.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #31
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersBaby
I currently own a high end PC and love playing games on there. I also own an Xbox 360 and play Madden on that as well as MLB2k13. I update the rosters and am pretty much satisfied.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a PS4 but not sure if it is worth it to spend $300 total for two games, Madden and the Show, when I can just play my 360 sports games and get updates on those.

Thanks!
The question is, do you think it's worth it? Only you can make that decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #32
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

It really comes down to your money situation. If you can afford $200-$300 out of your pocket and it not effect other important aspects of your life, then its a definite YES. I have a XB1 and a PS4.....if I couldn't comfortably afford one of them, then I would be selling one. I really think they both are basically identical as far as what they provide......the only question you really have to honestly ask yourself is if you can comfortably afford either one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »