Home

Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 01:49 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
To those complaining about the 10% extra chance on Dline, I'm not sure what else u thought was going on there? I mean, that's the deal. It's a video game. What u do matters. When u press a button matters, period. I'm a sim guy, and I want ratings to matter most, but u know, it's also a game that should reward skillfully timed button presses. Whether that's on a catch, a swat, a ball hawk (forget the pressing Y right after the snap, I'm talking about actually timing this after positioning yourself to best make an INT). I mean, all these things have small boosts. They've said this before, and it wouldn't make sense not to. Overall, the ratings do still matter there, btw. If u had a DE with 70 block shed or power move and pressed the button at the right time, u might still not break through. I've struggled to win those things with Vic Beasley (albeit, this is preseason Beasley before he led league in sacks last year, but still).

I will admit that it's weird the comp community doesn't like this, lol. But, still, even in sim mode where ratings still dominate, u r also playing the game, what u do, when u do it should also matter. U should have both in a video game. The real question is how much it helps. But, to say u don't want it there at all, I mean, I don't get that.

Ratings still matter in this case, btw. But, you're the player, so u get a little boost when u time things correctly. Yeah, I just don't have a problem with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're dammed if they do, dammed if they don't to be honest.

It wasn't too long ago there was an outcry that there wasn't enough pass rush being generated when using.
That user DL got glued into the blocking animations.

So they increased the user boost (that "every" video game does in one way or another) to help generate an increased Usery DL impact to ease the complaints.

But this is Madden we're talking about, it's not a video game.

The "Agility" rating in every sports game gives the user a movement boost when they take control of the player.

Again, every game gives the user some type of boost in one way or another to help facilitate your chance of a winning outcome.

So to dump on Madden as though this process is exclusive to this game only, and overlook all the other games that do it, leads me wondering what's really the agenda?
Old 06-24-2017, 02:29 AM   #34
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

He says the Fifa team is 5x's bigger than Madden's. I can't help but think that the suits are skimming on Madden because of no competition. Bottom line Madden need's a bigger team, it's a shame that a triple A title as popular as Madden has such a small team, this is why Madden get's so little done year after year, and why it's taking to long to arrive at the level we all expect the title to be at.

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-24-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:29 AM   #35
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
He says the Fifa team is 5x's bigger than Madden's. I can't help but think that the suits are skimming on Madden because of no competition. Bottom line Madden need's a bigger team, it's a shame that a triple A title as popular as Madden has such a small team, this is why Madden get's so little done year after year, and why it's taking to long to arrive at the level we all expect the title to be at.
I think that's a totally fair assessment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 06:07 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Best thing announced for all madden gamers would be the different styles of play. Hopefully we can make single player adjustments with shading. Just having that will shutdown money play routes if done right. Hopefully capable LBs be able to guard special out routes by the RB, or posts from the TE position vs man. A lot of good news for competitive players especially ID the Mike and fixing the swerve glitch.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its a shame Trip Hawkins left EA. I bet if he were still around that company it would be much more SIM like High Heat baseball was back in the day.
Shame on EA for not giving Madden a big enough team to make the best game possible.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #38
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Could be the exclusivity but keep in mind soccer (futbol) is THE sport in the world...popularity dwarfs our football...larger audience than Madden

Old 06-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #39
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Keep in mind that the FIFA team still ignores career mode (FIFA's franchise mode) in favor of ultimate team and still can't seem to get teams to differentiate their playing styles and tactics. This five times larger team is still relegated to following EA policy in regard to adding to their game.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Could be the exclusivity but keep in mind soccer (futbol) is THE sport in the world...popularity dwarfs our football...larger audience than Madden

Completely agree. Soccer is global and football is national. Outside of the Americas, NFL isn't as popular. If I had to order in global popularity; Futbol, Basketball, Track & Field, Hockey, Football, and Baseball. Hell I wasn't even sure to put Baseball ahead of Football because players are playing less years due to post-career injury concerns.

Exclusivity probably plays a part. With no competition, it is easier for Marketing to tell Devs to focus on back-of-box features. Small team doesn't help, especially with having to help Live come back. Also patching. He even said that it isn't really a good thing that there were 9+ patches/tuning and that it takes away from resources and Dev time.

One thing I think is a misconception is how difficult it is too fix legacy issues. He was asked why are some legacy issues left over year to year. Some think that it is just a line or two of code that could just fix/delete. As he said, it affects other parts of gameplay. Where only way to fix some major issues, is to pretty much work from scratch and that would take a lot of man time. He said he tried to have something like AI memory, but AI wouldn't do what was told and he had to scrap it because not enough time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »