Home

Target passing

This is a discussion on Target passing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Target passing

This feature will be so under utilized I doubt it makes it past the planning stage for 19 tbh.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

This sounds like I won't like this feature for the same reason I didn't like the vision cone, it adds an extra step to the reading/throwing process that a QB doesn't face in real life. With the vision cone you had to read the defense, then make sure your cone was on the guy you want to throw to, then you hit the correct button to throw, but in real life you read the defense and then you throw. If I'm understanding the total control passing, you read the defense, select your target, place the cursor where you want to throw it and then you throw. In real life you'd just make your read if you need to alter your ball placement you do it without adding any steps to the process. I'd like it a lot better if you just used the left stick in combination with the button of which receiver you want to throw to, which I believe is how it's been done the past few years. Just have accuracy and awareness ratings tied to whether a QB can alter where he is throwing to place it in a spot where only his WR can get it
Old 06-25-2017, 08:28 PM   #11
Banned

I can't wait to use this. I was a HUGE Vision Cone fan. I'm can pretty lethal already but man once i get hang of this. I'm really be putting up #'s. It will also help with super LB's even though they said they tweaked it so that User LB's can't cover the whole field every play if his physical and skills don't call for it.

It will force guys to step up into pocket instead of that damn 10 yd drop allot of people do.

Only issue i have with is being unable to scramble out of pressure if your line break down unless once you let go of L2/RT u can scramble as usual.

Being able to put the ball in certain locations for certain coverages will be Money..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 07:27 AM   #12
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't think this will need to be used for every route but I can already think of some I would love to use it on. The comeback route is a favorite of mine. It would be great to throw to a spot on that. That way either your receiver can get it or no one can. It's a timing throw and sometimes I throw to early and the QB will throw to the receiver before he starts the comeback and it goes right to the DB. Fads would be nice too. Side line back shoulder fads are used all the time in football. Now we can replicate that throw better.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't think this will need to be used for every route but I can already think of some I would love to use it on. The comeback route is a favorite of mine. It would be great to throw to a spot on that. That way either your receiver can get it or no one can. It's a timing throw and sometimes I throw to early and the QB will throw to the receiver before he starts the comeback and it goes right to the DB. Fads would be nice too. Side line back shoulder fads are used all the time in football. Now we can replicate that throw better.
Maybe but I plan on trying to get into the $$$ race so I'm use whatever at hand to my advantage while keeping it sim.
The moor I use it the faster I get it. Besides those throws it will be useful on how to put it in certain spots in tight coverage especially in redzone to where either your wr get it or no one get it. Over throw intentionally or out of bounds if play is a bust and u about to take a sack. It will have plenty of advantages. On double moves will be able to get rid of earlier and let wr run under it.
Throwing on double routes is impossible now because its throws to his spot on field not where he should be.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly
Maybe but I plan on trying to get into the $$$ race so I'm use whatever at hand to my advantage while keeping it sim.

The moor I use it the faster I get it. Besides those throws it will be useful on how to put it in certain spots in tight coverage especially in redzone to where either your wr get it or no one get it. Over throw intentionally or out of bounds if play is a bust and u about to take a sack. It will have plenty of advantages. On double moves will be able to get rid of earlier and let wr run under it.

Throwing on double routes is impossible now because its throws to his spot on field not where he should be.

Yeah, red zone. I actually didn't think about that. Fades to the ACTUAL corner of the end zone?!! Yeah, I'm down for that. Right now, it's like a craps shoot. Lol. I hot route to a fade on the five, I wait for the WR to just beat his man, and I throw and aim to the corner of the end zone. But, based on the positioning of all defenders and maybe QB accuracy, there's no guarantee that it actually goes to the corner. Sometimes, it just goes to the back of the end zone.

But, yeah, overall, I like that idea in the red zone, whether throwing a true fade in the corner, back shoulder fade, or any other play. Now, u can seriously just avoid the D if u want to. Throw it to a spot where the D isn't. Yeah, I like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 AM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
This sounds like I won't like this feature for the same reason I didn't like the vision cone, it adds an extra step to the reading/throwing process that a QB doesn't face in real life. With the vision cone you had to read the defense, then make sure your cone was on the guy you want to throw to, then you hit the correct button to throw, but in real life you read the defense and then you throw. If I'm understanding the total control passing, you read the defense, select your target, place the cursor where you want to throw it and then you throw. In real life you'd just make your read if you need to alter your ball placement you do it without adding any steps to the process. I'd like it a lot better if you just used the left stick in combination with the button of which receiver you want to throw to, which I believe is how it's been done the past few years. Just have accuracy and awareness ratings tied to whether a QB can alter where he is throwing to place it in a spot where only his WR can get it
Actually that's not entirely true. You have to turn your body to make sure your fundamentals are sound, and sometimes you have to hitch in order to keep the timing of the play right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 02:22 PM   #16
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Target passing

This feature has me the most curious about.

I need to practice with it and see what patterns I can utilize it best on.

My hope is it is seamless and not clumsy. Ease of use is the key.

I happen to love passing on M16/17 with all the different trajectories.

The only thing that was a bummer was the rail passing.

If this can allow us to just throw to a spot with ease and intuitive controls it can be a winner.

I will reserve any judgement until I actually play with it when the game drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »