Home

Madden 18 uniform error corrections

This is a discussion on Madden 18 uniform error corrections within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #193
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 uniform error corrections

When will ea allow us to choose individual cleat colors for players. Watching through the first 3 weeks and players are wearing all white cleats when others wear all black or white/black or solid team color. I don't think the league enforces the rule as much. Unless it's customized.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #194
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmanGriffin
When will ea allow us to choose individual cleat colors for players. Watching through the first 3 weeks and players are wearing all white cleats when others wear all black or white/black or solid team color. I don't think the league enforces the rule as much. Unless it's customized.

Yea Ive noticied that as well, driving me insane that we cant do this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #195
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmanGriffin

Good luck convincing Kane on this one. I've been asking for more freedom on cleat and equipment items for the last 2 years. He is SUPER STUBBORN with this for whatever reason. The NFL does have its rules he has to follow but there are some customizable options and freedoms we should be able to have that don't violate any NFL rules. Even if they are rules in the fine print EA is just taking them way too seriously. Don't want to sound like a broken record but there is no way the NFL cares as much as EA claims they do about individual cleat colors in madden or giving us the ability to edit the teams primary and secondary colors in the uniform editor. As long as the standard unis follow the so called "rules" that EA claims they have to follow, I don't see why we can't make different combinations in the uniform editor screen. Cleat colors shouldn't have to be set based on what jersey they are wearing. No player in the NFL follows that rule. All different combination team colors are worn no matter what uniform they are wearing. I've posted picture after picture to prove this but EA just won't budge with the stubbornness. It's just sad and frustrating for guys who like to edit and want more customization.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 08:22 AM   #196
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't think it’s stubbornness or laziness or whatever when it comes to Kane and the uniform front. I think they have a certain uniform and cleat template so the cleats go with the jersey regardless the combo. We all wish (I’m sure Kane does also) they just have the real identical cleat and gloves so instead of white glove and team color it would be cowboys gloves and giants gloves and they’d have all the colors involved just for that team and have it the same with cleats. But I’m guessing then they’d have to take to much memory like the individual pro bowl helmets. I’m guessing it doesn’t work like sneakers in 2k. Maybe moving forward with ps4 pro and Xbox one x the extra power allows these type of things
Old 09-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #197
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I don't think it’s stubbornness or laziness or whatever when it comes to Kane and the uniform front. I think they have a certain uniform and cleat template so the cleats go with the jersey regardless the combo. We all wish (I’m sure Kane does also) they just have the real identical cleat and gloves so instead of white glove and team color it would be cowboys gloves and giants gloves and they’d have all the colors involved just for that team and have it the same with cleats. But I’m guessing then they’d have to take to much memory like the individual pro bowl helmets. I’m guessing it doesn’t work like sneakers in 2k. Maybe moving forward with ps4 pro and Xbox one x the extra power allows these type of things
Never said anything about "laziness". I don't think any developer is lazy, just a matter of what EA allows them to do with the resources and time they have to spend on certain features. I think Kane does a great job for the most part. I agree that the template they use probably restricts them from giving us more options. But how long can that be used as an excuse? Year after year of development and you can't figure out a way to change a template? I don't think that would be an impossible task for a giant company like EA sports.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #198
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

It's definately not laziness on Kane's part. He is always pushing the envelope and listening to the community. He def wants authenticity like the rest of us. I think it's a memory thing and going forward , I think it will be possible to do. You can choose white, white/ black , primary color and secondary color for your cleats, so I don't think that it directly masks to just one template based on team colors. What I mean is you could have a player have white on white cleats while another one has white / primary color cleats without it effecting how other accessories translate over. I think it is possible as long as you stay in the template of the teams colors. But I think it takes more memory to now allocate that to every player on every team. Frostbite and the PS4 pro and Xbox one x should help with that.

I also have confirmation that in the next patch the VICIS helmet will be in as well as fixed nameplates . Also a few more little surprises as well thanks to Kane.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #199
Rookie

YMFredo's Arena

Yeah, white Cleats...especially the white ones with the black Nike Check (like the white gloves in Madden) seem to be really popular this year.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:46 PM   #200
Rookie

One school of thought is the NFL itself prefers to deal with RL situations & not fantasy ones

An example of this being my Broncos CFMs. At home, I ALWAYS dress the players in the Nike Alternate (Blue) jersey with the Color Rush Alternate (White) pants

On the road, I ALWAYS dress my players in the Color Ruah Alternate (White) jersey with the Color Rush (Orange) pants

For BOTH home & away games, I ALWAYS use the Color Rush helmet (Because of the classic "D" on the side)

If you really thought the NFL *Really* gave a RATS MOO about how WE dress OUR players in Madden, do you REALLY think they'd be STUPID enough to let EA give us the option to dress OUR players as WE see fit ??

I'm GLAD we have that choice & WOULD NOT want to see it change or go away

BP

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »