Home

PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

This is a discussion on PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I know nothing about M18.
Xbox One X will have 4k textures it's a big difference.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #34
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp2k4
Xbox One X will have 4k textures it's a big difference.
I hope so. I'm reading good things about the machine, but it's up to developers whether to implement 4K elements.

Personally, I would take 1080p@60 with all the bells and whistles as opposed to low texture count with low ambience 4K@30.

We'll see but I haven't heard much on Madden concerning 4K and how it will be implemented, other than a bland tweet here and there.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #35
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I would say play the PS4 version and when November comes around get the Xbox one x if it shows more promise. From what read it will hard to tell between the ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I would say play the PS4 version and when November comes around get the Xbox one x if it shows more promise. From what read it will hard to tell between the ps4 pro and Xbox one x.
The Xbox One X is clearly the better hardware but the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both play the exact same game in regards to looks and performance.

This is going by history. All past Madden versions on PS4 and Xbox One have always played exactly the same in regards to looks and performance since both of those systems came into existence. In the past even beyond that we've had better/worse hardware but EA always develops at the same level for roughly comparable hardware.

In other words when PS3 had superior hardware the PS3 and Xbox 360 version both looked and played the same for the most part. And although the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both be superior to the regular PS4 and regular Xbox One, they will not look much different, if at all from each other.

That is because two tiers (PS4/Xbox One on one tier and PS4 Pro/Xbox Scorpio on the other tier) are all EA will want to develop the game for, not any more than that. For example EA would not develop an Xbox One version, then a PS4 version and then a Xbox One Scorpio version and then a PS4 Pro version and then buff each one for what they can do..that's crazy to think that they would but yet people do believe that.

Let's be real here, each unique tier of graphical development that they do takes time, money and there is no gain to be had from it.

So believe what you like but there is about 20 years of history to indicate that more likely than not there will be absolutely no real, tangible difference from PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio versions.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #37
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The Xbox One X is clearly the better hardware but the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both play the exact same game in regards to looks and performance.

This is going by history. All past Madden versions on PS4 and Xbox One have always played exactly the same in regards to looks and performance since both of those systems came into existence. In the past even beyond that we've had better/worse hardware but EA always develops at the same level for roughly comparable hardware.

In other words when PS3 had superior hardware the PS3 and Xbox 360 version both looked and played the same for the most part. And although the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both be superior to the regular PS4 and regular Xbox One, they will not look much different, if at all from each other.

That is because two tiers (PS4/Xbox One on one tier and PS4 Pro/Xbox Scorpio on the other tier) are all EA will want to develop the game for, not any more than that. For example EA would not develop an Xbox One version, then a PS4 version and then a Xbox One Scorpio version and then a PS4 Pro version and then buff each one for what they can do..that's crazy to think that they would but yet people do believe that.

Let's be real here, each unique tier of graphical development that they do takes time, money and there is no gain to be had from it.

So believe what you like but there is about 20 years of history to indicate that more likely than not there will be absolutely no real, tangible difference from PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio versions.
Yeah they will dumb down both the X and Pro because it will give an advantage in multiplayer games. BF1 was an example of this and was given a stealth nerf.

You can't mix in 60fps with 30fps and not draw tears. Not going to happen.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #38
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I get that, but what I was saying , was that interview with Don over 9000, Rex stated that graphically they were editing it for the Xbox one X and ps4 pro to enhance it better on those consoles. I have stated that I don't think there will be any difference. But if there is , you'll have the option to get an Xbox one X in November .

From what I've read , both consoles will look pretty close even though one has superior hardware.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I get that, but what I was saying , was that interview with Don over 9000, Rex stated that graphically they were editing it for the Xbox one X and ps4 pro to enhance it better on those consoles. I have stated that I don't think there will be any difference. But if there is , you'll have the option to get an Xbox one X in November .

From what I've read , both consoles will look pretty close even though one has superior hardware.
Yeah and just to be clear as to my long post, what I was saying is Xbox Scorpio and PS4 Pro will both look better than the regular systems but won't look much different from one another.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #40
Banned

I think they will probably be pretty darn close to identical. But, the absolute sexiness of the X1X console itself pushes it over the edge, as it just makes everything look just that much more exquisite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »