Home

PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

This is a discussion on PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #41
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah and just to be clear as to my long post, what I was saying is Xbox Scorpio and PS4 Pro will both look better than the regular systems but won't look much different from one another.
Totally agree with you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #42
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The Xbox One X is clearly the better hardware but the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both play the exact same game in regards to looks and performance.

This is going by history. All past Madden versions on PS4 and Xbox One have always played exactly the same in regards to looks and performance since both of those systems came into existence. In the past even beyond that we've had better/worse hardware but EA always develops at the same level for roughly comparable hardware.

In other words when PS3 had superior hardware the PS3 and Xbox 360 version both looked and played the same for the most part. And although the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will both be superior to the regular PS4 and regular Xbox One, they will not look much different, if at all from each other.

That is because two tiers (PS4/Xbox One on one tier and PS4 Pro/Xbox Scorpio on the other tier) are all EA will want to develop the game for, not any more than that. For example EA would not develop an Xbox One version, then a PS4 version and then a Xbox One Scorpio version and then a PS4 Pro version and then buff each one for what they can do..that's crazy to think that they would but yet people do believe that.

Let's be real here, each unique tier of graphical development that they do takes time, money and there is no gain to be had from it.

So believe what you like but there is about 20 years of history to indicate that more likely than not there will be absolutely no real, tangible difference from PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio versions.
Usually you are right on the money ODogg but the PS3 versions of Madden were SIGNIFICANTLY inferior to the 360 versions for basically the entire generation. The worst was Madden 12 with the PS3 version having the infamous "oil patches" on the field. Same went for NCAA football too.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-05-2017, 06:15 PM   #43
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7
PS4 pro or Xbox one x for madden

I think XBOX one X will be the way to go. I have 17 on the S and Pro. IMO the S looks so much more vivid and pops more. Can't say the same for FIFA or NBA 2k but Madden looks way better. I imagine it will be the same on the X.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 08-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #44
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I consider myself a PS4 guy, its just the better console but for whatever reason Madden just plays better and looks better on Xbox. I just really like using the Xbox controller to play Madden. Its terms of graphics its close but for some reasons Madden just pops more on XBOX. I currently have One S and Madden 17 looks awesome.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #45
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I consider myself a PS4 guy, its just the better console but for whatever reason Madden just plays better and looks better on Xbox. I just really like using the Xbox controller to play Madden. Its terms of graphics its close but for some reasons Madden just pops more on XBOX. I currently have One S and Madden 17 looks awesome.

Agreed. For me Madden has always played and felt more natural in XBOX 360/One.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #46
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I have both the PS4 Pro & Xbox One S running on a 4k 80" Sony tv and they both look great. I do feel the colors are more bolder & vibrant on the S. I'll be buying Madden 18 for both this yr. I'll be buying the Xbox one X on day one for Madden especially. For what its worth at E3 Rex vlog tweeted out saying, Madden 18 on the Xbox One X will melt your face!

Side Note: They were not using 4ktvs at EAPlay

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-05-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #47
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I use this controller on my PS4 Pro & it's awesome especially for Madden. I even think it's better than my Xbox One Elite controller.

Playing:
Old 08-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

I've got an Xbox One so I'm likely to get an Xbox One X in November, and so I'll buy Madden for Xbox One, and then switch over to the X when that comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »