Home

Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

This is a discussion on Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Which brings me to Kevin King, their measurables are basically identical. Yet Jones is far more athletic in Madden, and King has 83 agl despite having the best 3 cone at the combine.
Lol, seen you post this quite a bit. I do agree with you fwiw. Not only did King have one of the best 3-cone times, but his 20 yd shuttle was elite as well. In fact, his combined score (which Madden uses for AGI for draft prospects in CFM) is 10.45. Desmond Trufant's combined score is 10.50 and he is rated a 97 in AGI. B.Jones is a 10.72 and has a 96.

And from what I gather, it isn't physical lateral movement King lacks, it's more of an inconsistency in anticipating and reading routes. That hesitation will sometimes give the WR the edge he needs and make a player like King "look" less agile at times. A lack of understanding the NFL playbook and calls may also make him look 'off' at times during his rookie year. So his AWR/PRC ratings should reflect that, not an imposed ding to his physical attributes.

So he is 'underrated' in AGI based off objective data, but I also don't think he belongs in a 'Most Underrated' thread at this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Underrated: Jordan Reed (91 Overall)

With a much worse quarterback and scheme, Reed totaled 45 receptions over just nine games. In comparison to Gronkowski, that's nearly double the production, and we're looking at a much lower rating for Reed. No, he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy for an entire season. But for a former QB, Reed is in just his third season at tight end. If Cousins can have a strong year, Reed might prove to be the best TE in the NFL.
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Jordan Reed had 45 catches over 9 games in his rookie season. Reed has been in the NFL for four years, all four as a tight end. He did go to Florida as a QB but then switched to TE while still at Florida. It seems your information is some kind of post-rookie season scouting report.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #43
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
Gronk (healthy Gronk) is absolutely the most dominant at his position that anyone has ever been. he is so much better than anyone else that has ever played his position. The Patriots hate is strong in here.
Absolutely the most dominant? Not saying you can't be right but that smacks of recency bias. I am not a Pats-basher either.
I bet there are a few who would say prime Moss or Calvin Johnson would be up there. Not to mention other old timers like Deacon Jones, etc.

Last edited by rkwittem; 08-20-2017 at 02:50 PM. Reason: apparently ***** is censored.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #44
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Absolutely the most dominant? Not saying you can't be right but that smacks of recency bias. I am not a Pats-basher either.
I bet there are a few who would say prime Moss or Calvin Johnson would be up there. Not to mention other old timers like Deacon Jones, etc.
Those players don't play his position tho...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old 08-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #45
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
Those players don't play his position tho...

Yes, I understand that, but those guys in their primes were, I think, as dominant at their positions as Gronk is at TE. It's not nearly as clear-cut as it's being made out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #46
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Yes, I understand that, but those guys in their primes were, I think, as dominant at their positions as Gronk is at TE. It's not nearly as clear-cut as it's being made out.
I didn't read it like that. I read it as he's the most dominant at the tight end position. If it's most dominant overall certainly not.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #47
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

They did my man Eric Wood, 2015 Pro Bowl Center of the Bills dirty this year. 73 Overall for the starting center of the NFL's best rushing attack last year. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #48
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

Ryan Switzer has Quick Development.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »