Home

Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

This is a discussion on Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

Morning all!

Per Rex in his Twitch stream ( Twitch.TV/rexdeafootball ) the Madden team is looking at four specific gameplay areas to tweak in the first update. There is no timeline (and won't be until they know an absolutely certain date, so please don't ask), but I want to make sure we get feedback on gathered here as well.

- Zones - Possibly tweaks to reaction times of zones to the QB throwing the ball. Feedback needed: What specific plays (Playbook, Formation, Play) are you seeing zone issues and what routes are you having issue covering.

- Pass Rush - They are looking to tweak the pass rush up a little. This is NOT tuning up sheds or creating insta sheds.

- QB Sneak - An issue with defenses not reading sneaks correctly.

- Defenders getting juked from behind the HB - Sometimes a defender will go into a "juked" animation when behind the ball carrier and a juke is used.

Remember - With game release of the GOAT edition being Tuesday and standard being Friday we are bound to find more issues (more users = more eyes = better chance of seeing issues) but let's try to keep this about gameplay feedback.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

I can only speak on the zones and pass rush so far. My issue with zone defense hasn't been specific to just one zone assignment or against one route, it's across the board. On default all-pro, sinulation, I would guess that at least 70-75% of the time one of my defenders will fail to re-act properly to an offensive player near his zone or the defender will not be in the proper area to cover his zone.

For example: a linebacker picks up the TE running a corner route, as the TE leaves that area he heads toward a zone my corner is supposed to be occupying but my corner doesn't acknowledge him and instead continues to back pedal the entire time. Happens consistently, no matter the ratings.

My problem with the pass rush is that it has been non existent unless you send a blitz. I love trying to make my d-line as fearsome as possible but even with 99s across you don't really create pressure. I'll get sacks sure, but it's either get a sack or give the QB 15 seconds to throw.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Seems a lot of folks are talking about AI QBs not scrambling and a QB's overall handling of pass rush awareness.

While not a direct gameplay issue, I'd love to see the recording of gameplay stats such as "thrown at" and "catches allowed" etc actually get registered in played games.

Excited for Madden this week overall. So grateful they fixed injuries away from the ball!
Old 08-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I can only speak on the zones and pass rush so far. My issue with zone defense hasn't been specific to just one zone assignment or against one route, it's across the board. On default all-pro, sinulation, I would guess that at least 70-75% of the time one of my defenders will fail to re-act properly to an offensive player near his zone or the defender will not be in the proper area to cover his zone.

For example: a linebacker picks up the TE running a corner route, as the TE leaves that area he heads toward a zone my corner is supposed to be occupying but my corner doesn't acknowledge him and instead continues to back pedal the entire time. Happens consistently, no matter the ratings.

My problem with the pass rush is that it has been non existent unless you send a blitz. I love trying to make my d-line as fearsome as possible but even with 99s across you don't really create pressure. I'll get sacks sure, but it's either get a sack or give the QB 15 seconds to throw.

Hasn't this sort of been an issue for years? Where basically the DB will trail the receiver rather than sticking to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Are these issues in play now or CFM games?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage

Yup. I just want to repost and harp on this as much as possible. It's the lack of awareness of safeties to offensive players entering their zones. They seem completely oblivious of the football going on on the field. They simply back pedal and WAIT until the QB throws to do anything. This is TOO LATE to be effective and any safety that performed this way IRL would be kicked off the team ASAP!! Lol.

So, it's not the reaction to QB throw. It's the lack of reaction to players in their zones.

I have personally noticed this using Tampa Cover 2. A slot WR can run a post and annihilate this coverage underneath the safeties because they are back pedaling and playing so far back. It's one thing to protect against the long ball over the top, it's another to completely ignore players near or in your zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

DeuceDouglas has posted several videos regarding AI coverage, whether it be zone or man with the defender running away from the ball when its thrown. Also, there's a dude from Youtube who guys seem to repeat (Mike? Josh? forget his name) that had a 3 minute video that showed the defender leaving his man on a long, delayed comeback route when the QB (Dak maybe) broke the pocket.

The man issue seems to be transitioning in and out of breaks. I think the issues where the WR blows past the DB on a go route is the new press system in play. Just my guess

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
DeuceDouglas has posted several videos regarding AI coverage, whether it be zone or man with the defender running away from the ball when its thrown. Also, there's a dude from Youtube who guys seem to repeat (Mike? Josh? forget his name) that had a 3 minute video that showed the defender leaving his man on a long, delayed comeback route when the QB (Dak maybe) broke the pocket.

The man issue seems to be transitioning in and out of breaks. I think the issues where the WR blows past the DB on a go route is the new press system in play. Just my guess
Breaks have been a big issue for a long time. This year it's even worse bc defenders aren't as "floaty" as they were in the past and actually
Need to plant to change directions.

The issue is offensive players can make cuts at full speed while defenders get stuck in a slow down and change direction animation. It's one of the main reasons corner routes are always open

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »