Home

Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

This is a discussion on Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Have you noticed Players sprinting away from a ball carrier when that player puts out a stiff arm or puts their head down? I've been usering LBs who are about to make a tackle and then just turn around and run the other direction. It's super weird but it's happened a handful of times.

Can't say I've seen that, but I have gone for tackles and had guys dive the opposite direction. On hit sticks and conservative tackles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Can't say I've seen that, but I have gone for tackles and had guys dive the opposite direction. On hit sticks and conservative tackles.

Pretty sure this is the fake out system at work. Still not sure how I feel about it. If it was based on ratings whether it be AWR or Tackle then I wouldn't have a problem with it as much but when I'm controlling a guy like Derrick Johnson and putting them in great position only for the game to frequently take them out of my control it is kind of annoying.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

The defender lost the ball in the sun, that's sim!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #12
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Two videos that need to be addressed and are concerning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Pretty sure this is the fake out system at work. Still not sure how I feel about it. If it was based on ratings whether it be AWR or Tackle then I wouldn't have a problem with it as much but when I'm controlling a guy like Derrick Johnson and putting them in great position only for the game to frequently take them out of my control it is kind of annoying.

Well if it's intended, it could use some work in the implementation. Cause I've seen guys literally diving toward a ball carrier only to be redirected the opposite direction mid animation. It looks ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #13
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I wonder if adjusting your defense to right or left pre play affects this situation?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #14
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I wonder if adjusting your defense to right or left pre play affects this situation?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've tried that, and using the adjustments. I switched it to 'Play Receiver' and 'Swat' etc at the beginning of games and left it the entire game to see if it made a difference and I still saw it multiple times. Nothing seems to change it. The way it looks to me, makes me think it has to be a bug. They cut so unnaturally. On a dime. Feet glitching into the ground sometimes.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:05 AM   #15
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

As concerning as these videos are, I have to say that it's good to see Ryan finally getting the respect and recognition he deserved (and has always deserved) from this forum over the past few years. The man works his butt off and has so for like 9+ years and always produces quality content, and has never waivered in his plight to hold developers accountable and demand a quality product.

Shame on whoever banned him originally, but props to whoever finally unbanned him.

I also have confidence that this will be fixed. But the question is how long will it take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
I've tried that, and using the adjustments. I switched it to 'Play Receiver' and 'Swat' etc at the beginning of games and left it the entire game to see if it made a difference and I still saw it multiple times. Nothing seems to change it. The way it looks to me, makes me think it has to be a bug. They cut so unnaturally. On a dime. Feet glitching into the ground sometimes.

Was it an issue in 17?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »