Home

Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #73
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread

The QB dropback issue is still a huge problem. I have noticed I think they increased the odds of breaking a sack but it still happens way too often.

Guess it's back to editing every QB I play against to avoid this happening as often.

Also a lot of the mouthpieces are still clipping badly into a lot players faces. I hoped that would be fixed this year.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by oneamongthefence; 08-21-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #74

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So here's my two cents:

1) Buggy and there's work to do to clean stuff up. With that out of the way....

2) Running the ball feels SO GOOD this year. The tackle animations feel right, my big backs push through and I love how the game flows. I'm not seeing my running backs just stopped in their tracks suddenly, the momentum in their running feels much improved.

3) I'm liking the passing game. I feel so much better about when a receiver is open and what I can expect to be a catch in the NFL.

4) I HATE this sound track! HATE IT. I cannot convey how much I hate hearing just an OUNCE of music.

5) Face of the Franchise continues to annoy me. I doubt I will touch this mode past what I've played. I can't turn the music off, I hate the scripted cut scenes (it's MY player, quit telling me what I say), and I hate that I got into the first game in college and it wasn't position lock AND there was no super sim option. I was forced to play defense, even though I'm supposed to be the QB. If I wanted to play the rest of that, I'd just go play franchise mode!

Early indications are that I really dig the gameplay and I think it's only going to improve. I cannot wait for the scouting patch and some bugs to get ironed out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I'm enjoying my time so far, but here are a few things.

Still tweaking sliders to get more of a challenge passing on all-pro. Just dropped 445 on the Raiders in a 41-21 win. Carr dropped 375 on me, many open receivers with the safety just standing around. Was kinda weird.

The new fatigue system doesn't seem to work. Only had my players get tired during a short week, due to the obvious Thursday game. Even had them do full pad trainings afterwards, and they still went back up to 100%. I have the team do full pads every week, always 100% for the next game.

Broken during games too. Adjusted the slider for in game, and still my HB is rarely subbed out. I ran the ball 6 straight times for 42 yards, fatigue meter was still full. Receivers only get tired if they catch the ball, other than that they can run streak after streak, and still 100% fatigue free.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
Do either of you watch the cut scenes all the way through?

When I get the "move the chains" cutscenes and big play cutscenes I'm getting the Bills banner in place of the Broncos banner.

It's really painful for me to watch that play all the way through because you have to watch a couple of minutes of replay's but not that I keep seeing the Bills banner I keep watching hoping at some point it changes to the Broncos.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-21-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #75
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Do either of you watch the cut scenes all the way through?

When I get the "move the chains" cutscenes and big play cutscenes I'm getting the Bills banner in place of the Broncos banner.

It's really painful for me to watch that play all the way through because you have to watch a couple of minutes of replay's but not that I keep seeing the Bills banner I keep watching hoping at some point it changes to the Broncos.
Everytime, yeah. I noticed it in Play Now and Franchise mode (yeah, I broke down and started a CFM XD).

I’m ignoring it and making an assumption that they’ll fix it, but it’s annoying. At this point I’m just skipping the replays once I’ve seen what I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 09:47 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 12

Got in a couple of franchise games. Gameplay is a tad better than 21. I don't like the new franchise menus at all. In the news section seems you can't filter news by team any longer. My biggest gripe so far is the menus. We won't be getting last gen game. Going with next gen if we can ever get new Xbox consoles. For now gonna keep rolling with 21 franchise. Oh and it seems they haven't fixed the trial, I lost a few hours of play time probably will be gone by tomorrow.. bastardos!
I like the amount of injuries hope they don't nurf it. Penalties are mia.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TDKing; 08-21-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:47 PM   #77

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Everytime, yeah. I noticed it in Play Now and Franchise mode (yeah, I broke down and started a CFM XD).

I’m ignoring it and making an assumption that they’ll fix it, but it’s annoying. At this point I’m just skipping the replays once I’ve seen what I want.
Agreed, I'm just trying to figure out if it is an issue solely with the Broncos or if it a larger issue.

Not a huge bother, I usually skip through those scenes anyway.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden NFL 22 Last Gen impressions thread

Anyone seeing practice zooming out to the whole field and you have to quit? I’ve gotten to the point where I just sim all the practices which sucks as I’m doing a player CFM.

Other than that, I’m really enjoying the game. There’s a lot of stuff I’ll need to learn that changed in CFM since I didn’t really follow the games development but learning is growing right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-21-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #79
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

Aside from a glitch changing weekly coordinator goals (I'm sure a stability patch will fix it), I do like the game and can tell a lot of differences, namely running the ball and a sense of momentum there. It may be too subtle for others, but it feels like ball carriers absolutely move different and better. Also, I'm finding a lot of new offensive plays. The KC playbook has quite a few new pass routes that are wild.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:42 PM   #80
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
Aside from a glitch changing weekly coordinator goals (I'm sure a stability patch will fix it), I do like the game and can tell a lot of differences, namely running the ball and a sense of momentum there. It may be too subtle for others, but it feels like ball carriers absolutely move different and better. Also, I'm finding a lot of new offensive plays. The KC playbook has quite a few new pass routes that are wild.
Oh, 100% with the running game. Momentum, movement, tackles feel right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »