Home

Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

Okay so, this game just feels so refined to me. There's the same old issues, animation issues mostly. The replays being 60 frames now is huge for me. The crowd feels massively improved to me, sometimes 21 would be absolutely dead when I scored a TD at home.

Things I didn't like were jump balls, my defenders just looked lost. In the opening game Tom would just kind of throw it up when he was about to be hit and his receiver would always come down with it. He didn't miss a pass the whole game.

I'm not sure why but the game looks more crisp to me, is there new throwing animations? Because it feels new, overall I don't see how people can say the gameplay is the exact same. It doesn't really feel the same to me. Is it a massive change? Absolutely not, but it's definitley there. Broadcast presentation soooo much better than last year.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:30 PM   #90
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Well, I loved the beta so much. This is improved greatly from that and I wish others could get the enjoyment I’ve gotten from the beta and now this trial, love or hate Madden, it’s going in right direction finally, especially with their commitment on the movement.

I take Madden for what it is, not expecting a completely new game, knowing better really. I have been enjoying it and think many others will as well.

Day one buy without a doubt. Be the first Madden I’ve bought day one since PS3 days.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #91
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

Just from the startup game of TB vs KC.

Presentation is so far a lot better than last year, and I like it alot. M21 had some cringy Presentation that was really, really bad IMHO, and made the game generic. But I will say that the same cut scenes are stale. Ie: QB huddle helmet slap etc. It shouldn't be hard to add a few more cut scenes and mix them around, makes the game really stale looking even by the 3-4th game.

The replays are finally where it needs to be at a minimum. I remember back on 19? They claimed that a guy from NFL Films helped work on some of the replays and such. I found that extremely hard to believe since the wonky bad camera angles on the replays reminded me of my freshman year in animation class during my college years. Sooooo off the mark missing the point of a replay lmao and really showed the flaws in the animations. I really like them this year, heading into the right direction.

The screen wipes and splashes reminded me some of fox's older animation splashes.

The halftime show still needs work but it's better than before and I like where it's heading. I gave a lot of positive feedback from a presentation point, because I'm big on that. But it leaves you wanting more. I'll have to keep playing and see how well it ages.

Xbox1: SkyHook71
PS4: SkyHook71
PC: Challenger_1980
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 09:39 PM   #92
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Ps5 does not support 120hz for madden 22

Is this due to a system limitation?
Old 08-12-2021, 09:39 PM   #93
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Still the legacy issue of defenders just stopping when a tackle animation starts instead of helping in on the tackle. Had one issue when I was usering the defensive end and I edge rushed and he just froze behind the Qb. But overall the game is really smooth, enjoying it so far.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #94
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
It’s due to 1440p not being supported on the PS5 is my guess. I love PlayStation but it’s really inexcusable to not support 1440p.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #95
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
No because ps5 can do 120fps in some games so it is possible but am thinking that the lack of VRR is what is causing this.

I think on series x they are uncapping the fps on the performance mode which allows it to go close to 120fps and VRR fixes any hitches

PS5 has no VRR so they cannot unlock the fps without hitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 10:09 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This game is horrible
Awful

No real gameplay changes
It’ looks no different then last year “next gen” upgrade

What are we being given?

I swear ever since MUT and competitive tournaments this game has been kept the same so that the playing field is leveled year after year

Good the trial was around to not waste the cash on it
Yes exactly Tomba, all this 100 percent. I was embarrassed playing this. The play art was missing (blank) from the PLAY SELECT SCREEN. A momentum system ripped right out of NCAA 07. Unrealistic Perks for reaching a point in the momentum bar. 4 injuries on one drive from the same position. Cam Newton's dreads looking glitched with his helmet off. Tua throwing right in cut scenes.

I understand they will be added in but no player portraits for rookies or face scans for at least 1st round picks. I also understand they have about 8 months between "next gen" releases and do not blame the devs. They are trying their best with the expectations provided by EA. Plus they are trying to implement changes suggested by the community. Overall I am disappointed because I enjoyed Madden21 NG.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »