Home

Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #57
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 22 Impressions Thread (PS5 / Xbox Series X|S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I see a lot of folk tinkering with Sliders out the gate.

A lot of the movement thresholds (ie ratings thresholds) “are not” the same as previous releases as they have extended the NG Stats movement beyond WR route running to other areas, including OL/DL interactions & Tackling etc…

It’s important to get a grasp on the new movement before tinkering with Sliders, otherwise your going to end up traveling down a rabbit hole.

Ex:
“90” ZCV Rating (ie Break on Throw/Ball) does not have the same delay time as it was on M19/M20

Just something to keep in mind with this expanded NG Stats movement
please tell the folks in the back again lol
Old 08-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #58
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I have to admit, 22 feels much smoother than last year’s game. I only played the Buccs vs Chiefs but it looked and felt great (Xbox Series X). I’m still not going to pick up the game, I’ve purchased madden every year without skipping a year since 14, I’ll be alright skipping this year.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #59
Rookie

auburnfan2's Arena

OVR: 1

Couple games in and cpu play calling is still horrendous Curl combo 4 verts and HB wk over and over again

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #60
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Xbox series X performance mode
- as others have said, this really is buttery smooth. Xbox one enhanced made madden smoother the past few years, but for sure, this performance mode showed me no real hiccups or jarring jagged animations.

- animations - ive seen some new ones already, and/or the animations, in general, seem ‘correct’. I’ve only played one full game on all-pro, but honestly, every animation seemed correct. There were no major jarring goofy animations, which, for a madden game, is amazing. So, I’m really happy with the overall smoothness of animations and play.

- route running - man, they have got this so much better this year. The players really cut and/or round out certain routes and it just makes them look more like actual human beings. Lol. I have a feeling we’ll still see RBs got out of bounds out in the flat, but I saw a few passes (from myself and the CPU) that would’ve been out of bounds in Madden 21 that actually stayed in bounds. So, for me, what I saw was better. This could be huge, honestly. That is such a huge killer for the cpu when they constantly check down out of bounds for loss of yards plays. And, it’s always been an immersion breaker.

- I’ll tell u what, man - the ‘normal’ QBs can actually move in AND outside the pocket!! I play with atl exclusively, and have had to deal with Matt Ryan’s slow a$$ for the past decade or so, lol. Not so much in real life, as he’s actually got avg speed for a pocket QB, but in madden, omg, has he been SLOW. But, not in 22. I had one specific play that I had to rewind and watch a few times where he simply stepped back in the pocket, stepped to the right to get out of the pocket and avoid the rush, then, I sprinted a few feet as I was thinking about running it, then fired a bullet to Pitts for a first down. And, all I could think was, ‘wow, the timing and movement of Ryan in and outside the pocket felt ‘correct’ for the first time in madden history!’ Lol. And, understand, I don’t expect Ryan to rush for 100 yards or anything. He shouldn’t be able to and I don’t think he could, but the animations and movement, specifically of the qb in and outside the pocket have been upgraded and smoothed out, imo. This is a big improvement that might seem minor to some. But, it just feels great.

- I mentioned above in route running, but it’s also just the overall animations and movement. Again, this could seem like a small thing to some, and it’s maybe a ‘minor’ improvement, but it makes all the difference to me. The movement, in general, is spot on, and the players really look more lifelike and less robotic than 21. The acceleration to full speed animations look better, imo. All of this simply makes the game look more realistic.

I’ve got a revamped team with atl right now. Lol. Aging Matt Ryan, no more Julio. No Gurley. Pitts is already my go to guy, I think. But, the only game I played so far, reg season game 1 of franchise all-pro, I won 17-10. It was fantastic! Lol. A low scoring close game. I actually felt the momentum meter stuff kicking in. Or, I just sort of felt the momentum hit after I threw an int or made 3 first downs in a row or something. So, I’m digging that, too. I feel like they tweaked trajectories, again, for the better. A couple of deep throws I attempted looked great, specifically from Ryan. He can throw some lofty deeps, and his throw animation looked correct as well.

But, overall, I’m actually pretty happy with it. I can agree with others that maybe this isn’t ‘fully next gen’ or whatnot, but for madden, it’s really a lot better than specifically 16-19, and while it might only be a minor advance over 20 and 21, it’s a big enough leap for me from a pure gameplay vs cpu perspective. And, that’s the most impt thing for me. I think the broadcast is better as well. The clips, how they show replays and what the replay shows. Better camera angles and whatnot. I’ll have to see about the coaching and gameplan stuff, but honestly, that looks decent, already, I’m just not sure how well it will work, so we’ll have to see. But, overall, I think I’m going to enjoy this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2021, 06:33 PM   #61
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Some things look good, some things look the same from last year. That whole momentum bar at the top of the screen annoys me. Didn't see an option to turn it off. Same thing with all those momentum related things popping up on the side of the screen. Far as game play, when it is a 1 on 1 deep ball, either the WR or the DB will be brain dead and not even attempt to go for the ball. So either ends up a catch or interception.

Defenders are definitely slow to react to a scrambling QB. The few games I played, I forced 1 fumble. It was a hit stick fumble. Tackling seem to be the same as always. For the most part, this game feel like 97% Madden 21 to me. Not that is a bad thing, since I enjoyed Madden 21. Should see what the Day 1 patch brings.

Going to play some more and see if I see anything different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Some things look good, some things look the same from last year. That whole momentum bar at the top of the screen annoys me. Didn't see an option to turn it off. Same thing with all those momentum related things popping up on the side of the screen. Far as game play, when it is a 1 on 1 deep ball, either the WR or the DB will be brain dead and not even attempt to go for the ball. So either ends up a catch or interception.

Defenders are definitely slow to react to a scrambling QB. The few games I played, I forced 1 fumble. It was a hit stick fumble. Tackling seem to be the same as always. For the most part, this game feel like 97% Madden 21 to me. Not that is a bad thing, since I enjoyed Madden 21. Should see what the Day 1 patch brings.

Going to play some more and see if I see anything different.
Hey skillz how's it going?

If you test play with WR Catch above default tell if me that makes them more aggressive going up for the ball deep

Thanks

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playing on Series X.

Somehow the game feels more buggy than the beta. The tackling physics are not nearly as good as the beta and I've seen players warping into position to make a tackle from 5 yards away. The beta had greater variation in animations and better physics based gang tackles.

I've also seen the offensive ball carrier player tackle a defensive player and the defensive play art only displaying offensive plays. Hopefully this is an older build and there is a day one patch to get it back to the state it was in the second week of the beta.

As others have said the player movement is really smooth but the glitches and animation wonkiness are ruining the experience so far.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:57 PM   #64
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

So far I’ve played the first half of a preseason game with my Jags. Love the new franchise features as they will take a bit to get used to.

Most of the gameplay was good, loved the new tackling animations. Only concern so far (and again only 1 half i played) but cpu playcalling was a bit the same like in previous years (i also was playing with live playbooks), and when doing aggressive contested catches the defender did the same “knock the ball out” animation (granted my wrs aren’t that good either).

Still excited to see if it changes and what else new i can find

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »