Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #753
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushdown
Was he talking about actually modifying the positions though? I guess it's possible, the limiting factor they talked about before was player goals, so the goals don't have to change for a swap from right guard to left guard.

Not that it seems hard for the game to just pull goals from a similar set to handle real position changes though. Like if you want change a rookie with superstar DEV from CB to FS, it just picks 3 goals from a pool of those that would be assigned to a rookie superstar FS and assigns him those instead of his CB goals. I'm no programmer but I don't see any real problem here.
The problem isn't they don't have the capabilities to do it. The problem is they don't want people online exploiting this to meet certain goals with players and then switch their position back once they rack up the XP.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #754
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

Since it won't be fixed in this patch, and I don't think it can be fixed in a tuner, hopefully what Frisk said that it's being looked into.. hopefully it's fixed in a 4th patch.
It's not just zone play. I've seen it in man coverage as well. I doubt this can be fixed in a patch.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #755
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Arrives October 16th, Edit CCM Rosters and More

Any idea if something is being done about the issue that's causing a lot of peoples PS3 to double beep and have to restore when trying to leave out of Madden?

Also will any of the stability fixes fix the issue with bluetooth headsets not working properly with the game?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ht-madden.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #756
Rookie

@ bigbob
In your first video, assuming its a cover 2 zone, your lb is playing correctly, as he is coming down to cover what appears to be a back out of the backfield on a curl, if anything the safety is not making the correct play. Its hard to tell but it looks like you may have shaded zones to the middle since cover 2 has the safeties widening out at the snap.
In your second video, the safety is playing correctly, hes playing the deeper threat on his side of the field.
The third video I'm not sure whats going on there, one of two possibilities, given that DBs and WRs now have essentially a "vision cone", he "forgets" the middle receiver when he turns his attention to the outside receiver. The other possibility, since its the same safety making these mistakes perhaps its his awareness etc. I'm not familiar with the vikings depth chart so I cant be certain on this. Take it for what its worth but without knowing the play call and any adjustments it purely speculation.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #757
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
The problem isn't they don't have the capabilities to do it. The problem is they don't want people online exploiting this to meet certain goals with players and then switch their position back once they rack up the XP.

Would this actually be a problem though? The goals and rewards for the positions that you'd actually switch are pretty similar. Like are they afraid people are going to put Calvin Johnson at LB and run nanos with him to get sack goals? Who cares? I guess they could make XP use it or lose it before switching positions, but you can still upgrade most of the same stats anyway, right?

Anyway, in my opinion it's not worth leaving out a basic thing that happens regularly in the NFL like switching a player's position in order to stop a few people from doing ridiculous things to gain a little extra EXP.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #758
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Zone defenses do need some tweaking; they are not being run correctly....I believe there is a big issue with the purple zones too....
Old 10-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #759
Rookie

ozzy57's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Udate Oz, you can change positions after you've started your CCM from LE to RE, LG to RG...etc.

verified by Emm...
Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk

After you start your CCM.

Perhaps you didn't read

EmmdotFrisk: Everything can be edited with the custom roster you bring into your Connected Career.

Once you start your Connected Career you cannot edit ratings or positions, most everything else can be edited

Old 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #760
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

Why not do it like NCAA and give us an offseason stage to change player positions?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »