Home

Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: new madden 09 trailer

I like how they FINALLY have safeties in an up right position pre-snap, instead of being in that generic linebacker stance they have used for years.

Nice touch.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #42
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Not really seeing much new honestly. Lighting looks nice but the flow appears to be more or less the same as before, which IMO didn't capture the right 'feel'. The collisions and blocking still looks very unnatural.

Just once it would be nice to see an early Madden video where you couldn't see blatant issues appear with the blocking. Just once.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #43
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I thought the game looked great in that video. The visuals are very nice. The game play is kinda meh. Apparently, NFL Coordinators have put 15 step drops in the playbook. Can we get a video of someone playing and not dropping back a mile?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 10

It looks nice, but i still reserve judgement. I'm still concerned about the no refs on the field or goal nets. The sidelines look terrible and bland. What about the halftime show and post game? Is it going to be like last year when u get to the playoffs and superbowl, and its no excitment at all. These are the things that made 2k5 great and still going strong. I hope madden gets better, but until they get those little things, all play 2k5.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
It looks nice, but i still reserve judgement. I'm still concerned about the no refs on the field or goal nets. The sidelines look terrible and bland. What about the halftime show and post game? Is it going to be like last year when u get to the playoffs and superbowl, and its no excitment at all. These are the things that made 2k5 great and still going strong. I hope madden gets better, but until they get those little things, all play 2k5.
FG nets are in this year. Refs are not in this year.

I don't know about the rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 08:42 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

The sun light on the field made it seem like the game was being played at 9am in the morning.

I hope those were not the final player models. Pretty much all the players looked too lanky. And Vince Wilfork DOES NOT have a wash board stomach. I hope that gets worked on.

Also,w hat was up with the starting line ups? Are those starting lineups or are they just showing the key players on offense and defense? If they dont show the full lineups its typical EA half arsing things.

Other than that the game looks pretty good in general. But I have a PS3 so I am always a lil worried that we will get shafted in some way again.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #47
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

WOW! WOW! WUBBZY!
This pretty much has sold me(even though I was going to buy anyway) and the fact that the game is still a few months away makes it even more promising.
It actually looks like they care about their product this year listened to some feedback and made improvements!
Way to go EA! This brings back the excitement that has been lacking in EA Sports games for some years now.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #48
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
WOW! WOW! WUBBZY!
This pretty much has sold me(even though I was going to buy anyway) and the fact that the game is still a few months away makes it even more promising.
It actually looks like they care about their product this year listened to some feedback and made improvements!
Way to go EA! This brings back the excitement that has been lacking in EA Sports games for some years now.
Just curious, what parts give you that impression?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »