Home

Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
"seems" is the key word here. Its too early to tell how much of an improvement if any the gameplay has made.

Lets take NCAA for example. The early videos and clips suggested that it was much of the same as last year. Now, we've seen a guy at IGN(who's terrible) play an entire game, albeit 5 minute quarters and have noticed a huge difference between this gameplay video vs the early videos/clips that we saw.
In reference to NCAA gameplay vid you are speaking of, did you see any variances in QB animation from any other vid? How about for the RB? Lets try the WR variances in catching the ball? Did anything stand out to you gameplay wise that said, "wow that was different! He THREW/RAN/ CAUGHT/TACKLED different than any other player". If you did, please direct me to the vid you saw. Bottom-line, yes the game looks wonderful, but is the actual personality of the gameplay going to shine? Am I going to see Larry Johnson make a juke move different from Reggie Bush??? Am I going to see Romo sling it side arm from the hip??? Madden's gameplay has been redundant and stale for years!! Don't put new wrapping paper on an old gift!!! Give me new from inside out!

Last edited by DONF; 05-22-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
I didn't see anyone tackle/catch/throw/run different from any other player, nor was I expecting them to. I just wanted the game to be better this year then last, with improvements to some of the areas that it was lacking in. And judging from the IGN video, we got that.

And I can't answer these questions yet, as I have not played the game nor seen extensive video of the gameplay yet.

Bottom line is that no matter what I say or what positives I or anyone else points out about the game, you're going to find something wrong with it. So I'll continue to look at the positives and accept the negatives and you can look at the negatives and ignore the positives and we'll both be happy.

Wrong. I see the positives and praised them. But I am simply asking/assuming/speculating on hoping the gameplay is different so I can play the darn game! ha. But if the game is good I will be the first in line with my $60. Plus, EA claims they read the forums. If so, maybe they will see my posts about the gameplay and make that change.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17
Im waiting for ONE SINGLE sports gaming title incorporate the option to actually IMPORT your FRANCHISE from the previous year's game! Every single year in every single video game, we have to start our franchises all over again.

It almost makes the point of FRANCHISES pretty useless and finite since they cannot be exported or imported over to the next year's game. Some of us like continuity in our franchises and dont enjoy starting all over from scratch every single year.

How about User Defineable CAMERAS this year??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 AM   #36
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
The Must Next Gen sports game list:
FNR3 (360)
NHL 08 (360)
MLB: The Show 08 (PS3)
NBA 2k8 (360)
Madden 09 (come august 12th)
Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Wrong. I see the positives and praised them. But I am simply asking/assuming/speculating on hoping the gameplay is different so I can play the darn game! ha. But if the game is good I will be the first in line with my $60. Plus, EA claims they read the forums. If so, maybe they will see my posts about the gameplay and make that change.
Wrong? Really?

So your praising of postiive aspects are "that looks good but..."? This is the same song and dance that you've done each of the past few years, since the exclusive license deal. You will find one thing that you are "expecting" and once you know that its not implemented, you will continually beat it to death.

And didn't you buy the game the past few years?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 05-23-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Wrong? Really?

So your praising of postiive aspects are "that looks good but..."? This is the same song and dance that you've done each of the past few years, since the exclusive license deal. You will find one thing that you are "expecting" and once you know that its not implemented, you will continually beat it to death.

And didn't you buy the game the past few years?
Same song and dance that I did each of the past few years, blah, blah, blah. Ahhhhhh no CB.

But I guess you did not read my other post on the thread that shows the new RB/game animation??? I am officially giving Madden the thumbs up this year so far and per the most recent blog/writeup/vids on the animation. See CB, this is what I wanted to see/hear. And this year it appears EA delivered it for me and the other 2k hogs who are use to grrrrrrreat gameplay. ha!

Last edited by DONF; 05-23-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #39
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Looks good, there's no doubt that EA has made strides, i just hope they made them where they count (Making the games seem like they matter, turnovers, presentation, etc)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

This video is no new information. Environment is wonderful. To be honest, the player models did not look distinct in that video the way they were displayed. In other videos I've noticed that the skin texture of the player models looks better. Hopefully EA eliminated those military faces.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »