Home

Madden NFL 10 Preview: Five Things to Know (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Preview: Five Things to Know (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #81
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: ESPN: Madden 10 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecHitYou
Yeah man, I can see the mashing being cheap and not requiring anything except fast fingers, lol. So hopefully they tweak it somehow. I'm curious about the camera angle though..
i like the button mash thing.. although i could c y peeps want to get rid of the meter so u can look at the action.. but after seeing the cut scene 3 or 4 times i could care less. ..the meter will always show the continuous struggle between you n your opponent and that will always change..usually lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #82

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
My precise feedback was "ditch the meter, milk the drama, let the ref tell us who won". I'm not sure why they decided to go with the initial design.

There were two issues with the fumbles... the meter and the camera angle (it was this birds eye view that has been used far too much in Madden games over the years and I think should be ditched completely).
Couldn't they have the meter turned on for rookie and pro. Have it turned off for all-pro and all-madden so the hardcore get better drama out of it???

Edit:It would make sense to me for the casual to have the meter and the hardcore to have it turned off. At least it be a option for people who like drama in the football game.

Just my opinion though.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 04-28-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
It's mash all the way. But there was concern for turbo controller users, so the button you have to mash changes several times.

I personally don't mind the mashing. It seems appropriate for pile ups. But the meter is VERY distracting. I couldn't enjoy the pile up since I had to watch for the button changes & meter.
I am actually quite surprised they released this (and that Phil told it to them like fact). Truth is we still don't know how it's going to work.

I need to decide basically this week...but I am definitely not crazy about the meter.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #84
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
the QB pressure vibration is a nifty feature i didnt hear about till now. its going to make the passing game much easier and may remove the need to just keep running back. this mixed with the pocket may seriously erradicate the cheese qb 15 yard drop.
Kinda ironiic. Espn football had that feature in First person mode... Not my point to bash anything. My point is that I loved that feature and it helped a ton!!! I will say that this madden in looking really strong so far... For me especially this will help. Nice find guys!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I am actually quite surprised they released this (and that Phil told it to them like fact). Truth is we still don't know how it's going to work.

I need to decide basically this week...but I am definitely not crazy about the meter.
Scrap the meter while there is still time!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Do what's best Ian!

We know you will
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #87
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Can we see some video of the meter? Or a screenshot?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:

I m soo glad the meter is not definite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »