Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #33
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Fantastic patch so far.

I re-started my sliders and the cpu can run the ball now.

Anybody who says it is to easy to run the ball and is using old sliders needs to play on a higher diff level or make the sliders harder.

I see the cpu run with more holes to go through and I see my runner have better lanes and better run blocking by the line

Also the cpu defensive back aggression has been toned down therefore i must raise it again

great job on the slider affectivness....that was the most important to me..
in what ways do you see an improvement in DB play because to me its still bogus and cheap,

they still back peddle for 20 yds then turn in place and get to top speed all at the same time

i see no improvments

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 1

Dyou you have to start a new franchise or will it affect the one I'm already doing?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
in what ways do you see an improvement in DB play because to me its still bogus and cheap,

they still back peddle for 20 yds then turn in place and get to top speed all at the same time

i see no improvments
I dont know what sliders you use or what level you play on

but the cpu defenders no longer break before my receiver and that is about the only issue i have with the db play for the cpu.

now I am able to throw curl routes and deep post without the defender breaking before me

even deep balls you can get a step or 2 now

it was so bad before patch that i had to lower the cpu aggression slider from default and now i must raise it

I dont know how skilled you are or what sliders you use
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by remjohn
Dyou you have to start a new franchise or will it affect the one I'm already doing?
for the 123,876 time.....NOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 18

For me personally patch #1 is mainly about the return of the broadcast camera. Been waiting for this to come back to the series since last-gen. It looks GREAT!. It has that careful balance between a great presentation upgrade (it looks much more TV authentic from this angle) and being a playable camera option (zoomed out enough to see most of the receivers).

Issues: this broadcast camera amplifies the need to address the cutscene and instant replay problems. If you want a real telecast style presentation then EA needs to fix the abreviated cutscenes and replay in-frequency. Slow things down and draw them out - or at least give the option to watch a game unfold. Right now the overall presentation feels like it's trapped in fast-forward. More replays (especially on ALL TDs and big/close plays) please.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 09-24-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #38
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

Franchise stats?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

You want my impression? On the dumbing down of the R-stick left or right hot routed backs out of the backfield? Horrible.

I'm all in favor of cutting down the angle that the back can come out of the backfield which they have done. Now they have to go further up field before they make their cut. But what's with slowing down of the back for the first ten yards before he can make his cut like he's walking in freakin' molasses? This is the "solution" they came up with to backs coming out of the backfield in the flats being open?

NOT making the defensive AI smarter so they recognize them coming out of the backfield sooner, oh no...

But actually slowing down the speed of the backs coming out of the backfield like they all just pulled a hamstring or something, then speeding up to make the cut, then actually slowing down again just to be sure sure the AI DB has time to recover and catch him?

Wow. I have to do some more experimenting, but I am NOT happy with this change. This is just plain stupid and a lazy solution if you ask me. Just take out the R-stick left or right hot route altogether if you're going to do this to it. Ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #40
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
I dont know what sliders you use or what level you play on

but the cpu defenders no longer break before my receiver and that is about the only issue i have with the db play for the cpu.

now I am able to throw curl routes and deep post without the defender breaking before me

even deep balls you can get a step or 2 now

it was so bad before patch that i had to lower the cpu aggression slider from default and now i must raise it

I dont know how skilled you are or what sliders you use

skill has nothing to do with anything in this game. i can pass i know how to read the animations and breaks in routes but those are exploits this game is not about skill for me.....

its about if i call a streak unless the cpu bumps me my guy should be infront of him EVERYTIME and the Db's skill set such as his catch up speed and tackle or strip ability COMBINED with my QB acc and the place of the ball should determine the out come......

this patch does not deliver that or anything close to it....

to be honest i can rocket catch every ball ( that is skill)

i should not need SKILLS, to get this interaction to play out....

broadcast cam is sick, very refreshing take on gameplay, a nice addition ....

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 09-24-2009 at 08:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »