Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #409
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #1 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkizzlemynizzle
I have noticed both of those happening to me today as well. In fact, in regards to the fun facts, I have seen the wrong thing pop up about 5 times today, all having to do with the Bengals or Bears. Yet, in every game I played, neither the Bengals nor the Bears were being used.
I do not really care too much about facts and such like that, near perfect gameplay is all I want.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #410
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
So it's pretty obvious that Madden comes out every year as an incomplete game and needs to get patched multiple times. My question is, at what point in the year does EA start working on Madden 11??
If you're going to say that, then say it about every game made this generation, no matter the genre, because I can't think of a single game sitting in my collection that hasn't been patched.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #411
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
There is a lot of improvement.

However I noticed two new glitches.

1. On 2nd and 10 a WR caught a ball way out of bounds, both feet on the white sideline. The referees conferred, ruled it a completion, but it was still 2nd and 10 at the original LOS. It looks like the play was ruled a non catch even though the referee animation was for a catch.

2. Mixed up team facts. During a franchise game with my Bears vs. the Bengals the ticker showed a Bengals Fact : the team used to be called the Decatur Staleys (that's a Bears fact.) Later during the same game there was a fact listed as a Bears fact, but it pertained to the Bengals.

yup, im playing as the jets against the colts, and a fact ticker just came up for the jets talking about the bengals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #412
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemooses
So it's pretty obvious that Madden comes out every year as an incomplete game and needs to get patched multiple times. My question is, at what point in the year does EA start working on Madden 11?

I just don't understand why EA, which is making tons of money off of the Madden franchise, cannot hire more developers to aid in all of these processes. It seems as though they have limited staff that cannot fix the current game quickly or put these corrections into the next game in addition to what would seem like an entire YEAR of new corrections, additions and subtractions.

It would make sense to me to have two teams working on the game. One working on the current game, making patches, fixing rosters etc. And a separate team working on permanent fixes for the problems that the current game has. As well as adding in new features, mostly which should be basic to fill in where the previous game lacked.

Easy right?
Where's the patch impression?

The Gripe thread is below this one.

My take, overall pretty good 1st patch. The running game is so much better now. Also, played a half on coach mode and that broadcast camera is pretty sweet.

Players now have more recognition of out of bounds. Plus, nice to see the refs conferring if the catch was made in bounds or not.

Also, I don't know if anyone is seeing this, but I noticed WR's are going up for the ball more. I made a pass with Rodger to Finley and Finely went up high to snag it.

Also, I noticed on the deep ball, the good WR's can get a step or two separation.

I haven't noticed any Pass Interference calls.

Last edited by roadman; 09-25-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #413
MVP

OVR: 11

wut is up with the helmets after this patch???!!! somebody mentioned that the numbers on the pats helmet are blue squares. just played a road game with titans vs ravens and the ravens had white squares on their helmets... what gives EA!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:11 AM   #414
Pro

OVR: 8

The pass protection that the cpu teams receive, seems even more ridiculous than before. Ratings, matchups are totally irrelevant, when it comes to the cpu pass blocking. This is because it receives a massive, inherent bonus most likely added when the devs realised that the cpu wouldn't be able to pass "adequately" otherwise.

This has been demonstrated by forum members, showing that you can put Kickers and Punters at Guard and Tackle, and they pass block like John Hannah and Anthony Munoz (if you're old enough to remember those two)...

Add to that the psychic blitz pickups (e.g. a Nickle Overload Blitz from the left, and somehow the 65 rated right guard slides backwards, just in time to pick it up with his back turned to the play-every single time), not only psychic, but physically impossible....sigh...

Defenders still make plays on the ball with their back turned (what ever happened to the great much touted "Line of Sight" awareness, did it not make it in?).

Cpu teams still come with 7 or 8 man blitzes FAR too often, cheapening the gameplay.

Runners now break even more tackles on a regular basis, for freak's sake, it needed to go the other way, not more.

I'm honestly trying to be positive, but I can't find anything to say..sorry about that.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #415
Pro

OVR: 12

i was the broncos and the cpu was the chargers,they were having a blitz party against me,they had 11 sacks,most of the time i was being hurried throwing the ball,so that led to int's and incompletions,and also the cpu running game is more dominant maybe more dominant,i see more broken tackles,especially times where i had perfect pursuit angle and should have got the tackle. i ended up losing, 28 to 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #416
Banned

OVR: 12
wait i thought dat the gameplay patch was gonna come after this patch....i havent download the patch yet...so tell me if its really true

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »