Home

Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 11 Super Bowl Halftime Blog Possible?

What IAN thought the shortcomings were in M10 and how they plan to fix those shortcomings for M11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Gameplay please!

Last edited by ch46647; 01-26-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 55
I want to see gameplay of course.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 10

I agree with a couple of people who posted above. I'd quickly talk about the "Everything you see on Sunday" goal. What went well last yr....what was left on the plate. And then start hitting how the EA team addressed those issues this year.

Key points (hopefully)

Making ratings count - A 58 rated LT should not dominate Demarcus Ware all game.

Trench work - Don't need to harp on this. It is well known the shortcomings.

Adding some sort of element of strategy to the game - They need to take the run/pass commit idea and take it to a whole new level. If I know that on 2nd and 4 the guy I am playing is going to run a PA pass then pre-snap I should be able to alert my team about it. If I guess right I am rewarded. If I guess wrong then I should give up rushing yards. The key here is to not overdue it.

Online franchise - It was a good start, but without free agency and a cap it is not everything we see on Sundays. So a quick snippet about that would be nice.

CB/WR interaction - Same as O-line. Needs some work.

Those would be my big ones. I know off-line stats for a franchise are important to people, but I get bored playing the CPU. Online franchise matters more to me.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 18

Presentation. Then gameplay.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think we need to realize that a halftime blog would be a somewhat minor thing, comparable perhaps to last year's Procedural Awareness blog. This early in the cycle, it's tough to drop big news when you're not even sure what'll make the final game. I could see a follow up to last year, showing how PA has been expanded, whether it's become functional rather than simply cosmetic (as was hinted last year).

Alright, so, what do I think? If I were in Ian's position, I'd use it as an opportunity to set the tone for 2011 and do a bit of a Madden 10 retrospective, revisiting the theme "Everything you see on Sunday". Look back at 10, identify what you accomplished and where you feel you fell short, and end the whole thing with one small way you're working toward that same theme. This is really about the 'what' rather than the 'how'. Here's what I'm happy with about '10, here's where I am not happy, and here's what we're focusing on. Then use that as a jumping off point for the blogs the rest of the way out.
Yep, what he said...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
agreed. 80% people who buy madden plays offline franchise and not online. They really need to focus more on offline franchise first then online later. But me I would love to see a blog on the improvments they are making on presention this year.
Making up stats?! lol!

I'd be up for some online feature improvements too.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »