Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Check out EA's new 3-D Pod (Madden 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Come on EA, give us something fresh and mesmerizing with a passion for the sport!!......Want an excellent example, look at what MLB the Show has done for Baseball
Last year, Ian wrote a big thank you in that forum praising the game.

Let's wait for gameplay information before we put 11 in a grave in late January. EA didn't report or blog on this 3D technology, the NFL website did.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, if you are taking that route in the first paragraph, you act like there were no gameplay enhancements at all in 10.

Yes, we all know there are missing gameplay elements missing from last gen. I don't think there is anything we can do about it until they are put back in the game. If you beg for them every year, it doesn't mean they are guaranteed they will make it back into the game.

Heck, I've wanted in-game saves into the game among other things, but that has been ignored as well. What is high on my priority list, isn't always high on Madden's priority list.

I can't control that.
The point is what they decide to concentrate on every year. They can't sell the game touting old features so they just skip them and brag about how good the game looks. I would take any oldfeature just to let me know they are trying to get them back in. In game saves, wr shading, bump and run, audibles on the fly, formation shifts, precision passing as good as it used to be..any of these will do.

Personally, I'm just not that impressed with the gameplay improvements of madden 10 by the way. The game dropped with horrible pursuit angles, terrible blocking, and wr jamming that lasts 10+ yards. Add those in with the definite improvements and you have a game that was improved over 09 but still had enough game killing flaws that I haven't played a down since MW2 dropped--and I'm a guy that always makes a football game his first purchase whenever I get a new console.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #35
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
That was the response we got last year. They must have 20 guys in the art deprtment and 1 concentrating on gameplay cause we got colored cleats, animated hand towels, super bowl patches, ben rothlisberger got his number placed in the right spot on the back of his helmet...

What great gameplay feature from last gen made it into Madden 10 that hadn't made it to the current systems yet? How many are still missing and begged for every year?
What I'm saying is that this happens every year during the Pro-bowl. This news is not anything to get upset and worried about certain aspects of the game being left out. We have a gameplay Superbowl halftime blog coming up in a few days. I just don't see how this news shows any indication of the Madden team's focus this year, especially considering that it doesn't appear to be coming from the marketing department or even Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #36
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

You guys need to calm the hell down, my gosh. EA didn't even post this, it was on NFL.com. They are not pushing "3-d modeling on the faces as being the biggest addition to 2011 madden!!!1!!!111"

This is pure speculation as to what EA has in store for madden this year. Maybe the 3-d modeling is just a minor aspect of what they are bringing to the table? This thread is about 3-d modeling, not gameplay. If you want to bitch about gameplay, why not go in the thread that was talking about the SB halftime blog that Ian will be posting? Doesn't that make alot more sense instead of nonsense posted in here in a thread about 3-d faces? Makes sense to me!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

While I understand people's concerns about this being the first "unofficially official" info about Madden 11, like it has been said, this speaks nothing to the rest of the game. The art/graphics department DOES NOT work on gameplay. They have a job to do to contribute to the game, as well. This is just one aspect of the game but, again, I understand why some would be upset at this being "released first". You also have to remember, like someone else said, this was from nfl.com, not directly for EA. As much as the game is EA's, it's also the NFL's since they license out the NFL aspects from top to bottom. There was NO game footage released.

Now, that being said - Is the "new innovation" that "no one will see coming" for Madden 11 is that it will be a 3-D game? Is this the big clue enlight of the fact that 3D gaming WILL be officially introduced this year, at least on the PS3 side, that I know of? Hmm.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
I wonder if we'll actually see helmets come off again now.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The point is what they decide to concentrate on every year. They can't sell the game touting old features so they just skip them and brag about how good the game looks. I would take any oldfeature just to let me know they are trying to get them back in. In game saves, wr shading, bump and run, audibles on the fly, formation shifts, precision passing as good as it used to be..any of these will do.

Personally, I'm just not that impressed with the gameplay improvements of madden 10 by the way. The game dropped with horrible pursuit angles, terrible blocking, and wr jamming that lasts 10+ yards. Add those in with the definite improvements and you have a game that was improved over 09 but still had enough game killing flaws that I haven't played a down since MW2 dropped--and I'm a guy that always makes a football game his first purchase whenever I get a new console.
I would love those features back in myself.

Honestly, I feel the pursuit angles improved in patch 2, but not to the point I would say they are perfect.

I just think it's premature to jump up and down about a feature that EA didn't write/blog about when it was the nfl that wrote the article.

I'm sure Ian wasn't going to release this information in his game play blog on SB Sunday.

There is 7.5 months of information to filter out, yet. And all of it's not going to be all about game play either. There is gameplay, franchise, presentation, online franchise, etc... to write and blog about.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #40
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I would love those features back in myself.

Honestly, I feel the pursuit angles improved in patch 2, but not to the point I would say they are perfect.

I just think it's premature to jump up and down about a feature that EA didn't write/blog about when it was the nfl that wrote the article.
Maybe it is premature. So far what we have tho is that

1) for some reason they probably spent a ton of cash getting 3-d scans players heads when players wear helmets and are fined for removing them on the field.

2) they probably spent a fair amont of more cash getting Mark Turmell on board who has a huge arcade background and thinks the game is too complicated and wants to make it easier to pick up and play.

As far as what I'm looking for, none of the early info has boded well for the direction they want to take madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »