Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Shows Off Headshot Created w/ EA 3-D Pod

^^^^^^ wow!!! these is a scary post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Any kind of improvement excites me tho.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #51
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Check out EA's new 3-D Pod (Madden 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I hope they get Sanchez's face right.In Madden 10 he has the same face as some of the generic rookies.Stafford too
yeah i agree staffords face was terrible
they should just take that camera and spend 1 day each at the nfl teams training camps to get them all done. and yes they all need to be added not just the stars. i hope this camera technology is better than the ones they have used in the past the only thing i did not like about madden 2010 cyberfaces is the ones they did do they seem to have sour puss faces i just like the way 2k did there cyberfaces they seem to spend more time to make them look authentic even ea nhl series there cyberfaces need help too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I'll probably get slammed, but I don't care...

I'm tired of hearing about gameplay. I really am. It's not that I don't appreciate it or want a good game to play, but for the first time in years, I like Madden. I think Madden 10's gameplay is fine--I enjoy it, despite a bare bones franchise mode.

Is the game perfect? Nope, but it's fun.

People have literally been complaining about gameplay for ten years in football video games. It's never going to be perfect, and I accept that. What keeps me coming back is the immersion factor. The fact that my team looks real, my backups take a significant hit in quality compared to my starters, that my players properly progress when appropriate, and that I feel like I'm playing in a living, breathing stadium and league.

I definitely like a challenge in games, and that does go back to gameplay, but I'm not popping in Madden because I can't wait to see the blocking schemes. I play it because it's fun, that it feels fairly authentic, and that the cut scenes, sounds, graphics, franchise mode, and yes--player faces--give me an enhanced experience that I otherwise haven't had since 2K5.

Gameplay is great. With that said, great gameplay mixed with mediocre immersion will kill my replay value.
Agree, I play Madden because I want an authentic NFL experience and 50% of that is accomplished visually through touches like uniform accuracy, player faces, etc.

EA could save themselves allot of $$ by making a generic football game, but they realize that 50% of what people are buying in Madden is NFL authenticity... "if it's in the game, it's in the game" doesn't just mean blocking schemes and playbooks.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Seriously... who really needs authentic 3D game faces... fix the gameplay first then worry about fluff.

just my $.02
Video games aren't developed that way, and thank God because we'd still be playing with stick figures.

Games are developed in teams, and that means the people who work on gameplay mechanics aren't doing art and vice versa. So, there is no need to cut back on any of this. Remember, the people doing art are getting a paycheck to do just art and I'm pretty sure they don't wanna see cuts taking place anywhere, since if there are no advancements in their area they're out of a job.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #54
Rookie

Felipe526's Arena

OVR: 8

this shouldn't be a #1 priority but it is a good step to maing this version better. last year they made matt ryan have jet black hair and players' heads dissapear randomly. IMO my main concern isn't the gameplay, but instead the restricted franchise mode. mic ten's gameplay and 06's franchise options and that would be my ultimate madden.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #55
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Has anyone ever thought of this? Maybe they are planning on having player interviews and celebrations post game, pre-game, half time, etc etc. And possibly bringing back the helmets getting knocked off among other types of elements where player's faces are needed to be correct. Ever thought of this? I highly doubt EA would ever spend that kind of money to capture 3d faces if they planned on the faces staying inside of the helmets the entire time. Think out side the box guys, quit being so narrow minded. I see this as a positive thing, not a negative thing.
I'd hate to shoot this down, but Ian said that they already had the technology to allow helmets to come off during games. They were unable to use it due to NFL restrictions. Hopefully the NFL loosened up on that a bit this year, but as of right now, I would not get my hopes up too high just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #56
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
Agree, I play Madden because I want an authentic NFL experience and 50% of that is accomplished visually through touches like uniform accuracy, player faces, etc.

EA could save themselves allot of $$ by making a generic football game, but they realize that 50% of what people are buying in Madden is NFL authenticity... "if it's in the game, it's in the game" doesn't just mean blocking schemes and playbooks.
So true. Regardless, let them complain.

It's already been stated that there is not enough space on the disc to put the ridiculous amount of code required to get NFL AI intelligence in the game. The majority need to recognize that we are just getting the movie experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »