Home

Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

Expand practice mode. I would like to use a playbook or various playbook to develop my offensive and defensive game plans. As I practice my playbook for shot yardage plays they would then go into my offensive game plan that would come up during certain down and distance. Madden need to give more incentives to learn their playbooks and punish gamers for using the same play over and over.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10
Like i said all along, unless E.A gets a new game engine, Madden will just be the same every year. The thing that bothers me the most, is yet again all i've been hearing about is ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE PLAY, Frankly who cares about ONLINE PLAY, i think what the hard core FOTBALL FANS want is actual game play improvements, fix the Blocking for christ sake, make the tackles look and feel more real, stop having players at time run out of bounds and still come in fare play and catch a ball, that is things we need to worry about. i don't think the NFL players that play the game is thinking about how can we approve ONLINE PLAY. E.A can we please get back to the basics of how and what teh NFL really is really about.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones84
Like i said all along, unless E.A gets a new game engine, Madden will just be the same every year. The thing that bothers me the most, is yet again all i've been hearing about is ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE PLAY, Frankly who cares about ONLINE PLAY, i think what the hard core FOTBALL FANS want is actual game play improvements, fix the Blocking for christ sake, make the tackles look and feel more real, stop having players at time run out of bounds and still come in fare play and catch a ball, that is things we need to worry about. i don't think the NFL players that play the game is thinking about how can we approve ONLINE PLAY. E.A can we please get back to the basics of how and what teh NFL really is really about.
I care about online play. What you're missing is that improving gameplay improves online play. They are tied together. It's more fun to play online in a better playing game. Online play is pure gameplay.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldude79
Ricky Williams ran for 2750 yards and 7 ypc in my season...are those accurate stats?

see why Madden drives us crazy?
I think this post speaks to the heart of some of the nervousness in this thread, particularly from the offline players. The example cited above is one reason, for example, that offline players felt like a non-priority because franchise stats were so bad, including after the supposed patch.

Then this news comes out with the constant word "online" thrown out there, and it doesn't resonate very well when it's a little unclear how the information gleaned from online playing will translate to the offline experience, especially given that some (many?) online players don't appear to care about sim-ball.

I appreciate Ian's response in this thread, I really do. I'm glad he responded. But after last year's offline stats debacle, it's nevertheless hard to take comfort in them when we were assured last year that offline players did not have to be concerned when things were being said about online this, online that, etc., then the offline stats thing popped up (as an example).

To be fair, I can see why Ian gets crazy over some of the things he sees here (justifiably so), but I can also see why some here go crazy too, given past history and late statements from EA, i.e., Moore and the like.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Bjones84 - who cares about online play? I DO and so do a lot of other folks. In the vein of what CreatineKasey said, fixing online play will fix a lot of offline stuff. Why? Because human players are the ones who find exploits and things working incorrectly in the game. Fixing those is going to make offline play much better. So for people like yourself who are freaking out about it, look at this direction as a positive thing, even if you never go online ever, because that's what it is.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #38
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
To me it seems some here overreact to much.I feel that things with madden is coming along fine. It's getting better year after year. Am I a blind fanboy of madden?? No I am not. But overall I respect madden because of the years of enjoyment I had with madden growing up. Just because madden has slipped downhill some coming onto the next Gen doesn't mean it will stay that way. Every company has it's bad days. Madden is having it's right now. They are slowly recovering started with madden 10. I will support other new games even like BB. But no matter how big of a slump madden is in right now. This is one fan of madden that will stay with them. It will get better in the near future. It just takes time. To many people now a days complain way to much. I know some of you growup back in the late 70s and 80s when games started coming out alot at that time. Before the internet I didn't know what complaining really was. Back then the games you got you played. I nevered complained one bit. But now a days to many people want more more on a game. No matter how much you do for fans. Some will never be happy. But me I have stuck with madden through thick and thin. And will keep on doing that.
Somehow your posts consistently instill a yearning for a warm glass of milk and a nice soft blanky.

Sticking with something through thick in thin definitely makes you a fan, and there's nothing wrong with that IMHO. Especially when you grew up with it as a kid. EA Sports lost this fan with the NFL Exclusivity deal, and won't get me back until we have competition once again. I grew up with so many games, it's hard to list them all. I'm fan of games like Zelda, Mario (though didn't like Galaxy game), SoulReaver series, in the late 90's Diablo (DII and soon D3!), TopSpin, APF2K8, God of War (Ultimate Edition arrives in t-minus 6 days!), Assassin's Creed, BioShock, and too many other games for me to list.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ian thank you for clearing that up for us bro.
Honestly, he shouldn't have to clean up anything here.

People on this forum just seem to overreact and manipulate every little detail that is released about Madden so it fits into their opinion of the series (usually, a negative opinion).

Only on this forum can we have basically no real news about Madden 11, yet people are already on here telling us that the sky is falling before it's even been put in place by the creator.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games and focus our gameplay tuning to produce accurate NFL stats.
Not to be argumentative, but why track the online stats, and use those to tune the gameplay to produce accurate NFL stats? The way most people play Madden online seems to be about as far away from the real NFL as you can get.

For example was there a study done to determine the tackle % on "big hits" by NFL players, or is the hit stick just designed to work a certain % vs not based on player attributes.

In other words was the hit stick tuned down last year based the idea EA had for how it should work or on how often real NFL players were delivering a "big hit"

Tracking things people do online seems like it will only show what people do online, they play a B.S. style that leads to Favre being used to throw 7 million picks(Notice Brett Favre did not throw over 7 million picks, Madden users did, just a pet peeve when video game failures are blamed on the virtual athlete not the users) and over use of the hit stick.

Also "The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games... " if you use the stats to apply changes to the gameplay then they are not "purely informational."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »