Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #33
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Gus Johnson and Jon Robinson - 5 Minutes of Gameplay

i know he was an amateur, but how big of a D-bag was the kid doing color? he sucked
Old 05-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 1
Im just glad they got rid of the way they opened games. IT was the same everytime it was like
Atlanta....against.....the Seahawks. I am so sick of them recording just the names of the different teams and playing the recording everytime it came up. And the emphasis in the words were always wrong you know like just the way it sounded. Im really exited about this years game. The play by play sounds great guys great job
Old 05-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 16

OMG AT SOME OF YOU CATS!..Y'ALL ACT AS IF THE JON ROBINSON DUDE WILL BE COMMENATATING IN MADDEN 11..HE WONT!!!!!!...IT WAS FOR FUN!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

After playing Madden 10 recently, the biggest problem for me, was there was no emotion or energy at all in the game. It makes the game fell dull and boring. No matter what the gameplay is, if you don't have good presentation, the game will not have a long lasting appeal. Bringing in Gus Johnson with his enthusiasm and Chris' energy, the game will sound much better, and will hopefully be a game that people can play for 2 years, if they don't make a game when there is a lockout. I know a lot of people that didn't play madden 10 after the Super Bowl, or just set it aside after a month. Hopefully, Madden 11, the gameplay is much better and smoother, there is the depth in franchise and online franchise, and this presentation element makes it an awesome game.

Last edited by at23steelers; 05-22-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #37
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram4heisman
Im just glad they got rid of the way they opened games. IT was the same everytime it was like
Atlanta....against.....the Seahawks. I am so sick of them recording just the names of the different teams and playing the recording everytime it came up. And the emphasis in the words were always wrong you know like just the way it sounded. Im really exited about this years game. The play by play sounds great guys great job
Dude...this wasn't actually in game commentary, it was Gus and this other dude simply commenting over already existing gameplay. None of what they said was actual *in game* stuff (although it could be, who knows).

I see everyone is really excited about the Gus Johnson addition, and I am too. But please, keep in mind, it doesn't mean anything if they don't use him right.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #38
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

just give it a chance. they have a possible home run hitter in gus johnson as the man is full of emotion. i assume (which means nothing) that EA is smart enough to know that they cant screw this oppurtunity up. hopefully with over 90,000 lines like they say, we can get some good stuff. i believe commentary also adds to replayability. i can only imagine gus in the playoffs. please EA, dont bone this up!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #39
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
Good lord Jon Robinson needs to stick to writing. He almost is trying too hard to sound like he's black lol
he was awful, i couldnt get through the whole thing because of him. But Gus and Chris should sound good together so i'm looking forward to the finished product.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #40
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15
Robinson ruined the video but besides that I thought it looked solid...even though the seahawks coach looked nothing like Pete Carroll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »