Home

Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
Meriweather was the SS and a McGowan was the FS last season. Unless they move Meriweather back to his original position I say they have it right.
I disagree. Meriweather played the deep middle a lot last year, while McGowan played Rodney Harrison's role: close to
the line of scrimmage, Nickel LB, covered TEs, helped in run support, etc.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I disagree. Meriweather played the deep middle a lot last year, while McGowan played Rodney Harrison's role: close to
the line of scrimmage, Nickel LB, covered TEs, helped in run support, etc.
he did play a lot of SS and was in the box quite a bit and they have him marked as so here:

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonme...?id=MER2804673

Although Profootballfocus has him marked as playing both positions:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...playerid=3640#

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_p...d=3640&group=6

BB just likes to interchange his safeties, what can I say?

*Actual time may vary.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
I don't think Madden throw power even effects the zip. If it was all about zip, Michael Vick would have been easily a 99. It is about how far a quarterback can throw the ball, and brady has proven that he can launch it down field to moss if he needs to.
No, I am positive that THP has to do with ball velocity. If you go and play a normal game you can easily tell the difference between a QB with high thp and one without. The difference is not as good as it should be but its apparent. Not that it doesn have to do with distance, but the real value of a strong arm is ball velocity. That is what keeps passes from being knocked down and picked off. It gives defenders much less time to react
Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
No, I am positive that THP has to do with ball velocity. If you go and play a normal game you can easily tell the difference between a QB with high thp and one without. The difference is not as good as it should be but its apparent. Not that it doesn have to do with distance, but the real value of a strong arm is ball velocity. That is what keeps passes from being knocked down and picked off. It gives defenders much less time to react
Ah, then my bad

Brady still deserves at least a 90 throw power though.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

Talking Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchuck4
Swagger makes no sense. Tom Brady has 96 swagger, is he going to be highstepping into the endzone?
"Tom Brady at 25, 20, 15...OH MY GOD...Tom Brady is...uh...moonwalking into the end zone?"

*Cue "Monster Mash" as Brady proceeds to "Thriller" with fellow "Swagger Mates" Randy Moss, Brandon Merriweather and Vince Wilfork*

Wait, was that constructive? Aw snap! I'm gone people...

Anyway, Brady looks to be a beast, Randy Moss is still the greatest, and Wes Welker will be running a ton of underneath and out routes this year. Deadly Three-Headed Monster the Patriots are this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
still dont understand that even after the stretched ratings how tom brady has a thp over 90. His arm strenght has never been elite level. give him high Deep accuracy maybe, but 94 thp cmon. I guess its better than last years ridiculous 97
Actually he has a very big arm. In the superbowl a couple years back, remember when they were down and he just throw it up to randy moss? He chucked the ball about 70 yards.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 51

Heres a thew more things:

How is zolton mesko 69 overall? I know they rate punters low their first season, but this guy was the best offencive player on michigan last year(lol). I think arround 75 or 76 is better, since hes a rookie.

Welker is kinda low, I mean 123 receptions and he missed 2 and a half games. He would probaly have the reccord for catches in a game if he played those games. I would say 94 or 95 instead of 91.

And as for randy moss, I think 95 is fair. I mean most of the guys here say he needs to be lowered, but he still lead the league in td's last season.

Hernandaz should probaly be arround 72, but other than all that it looks good.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Yeah, Welker needs to be way higher. He deserves to be in the Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson category.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »