Home

Madden Developer Podcast

This is a discussion on Madden Developer Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

The podcast is only playing for about a minute through the online menu in madden for PS3. The podcast cuts off mid sentence every time.

I have a few topics maybe brought up already.

For franchise, Is it possible to have the 43 teams draft proper defensive ends and vive versa?

Last year people complained about lack of sacks, I had no problems, but this year I do with pass rush DE's. Ive simmed a few seasons in multiple leagues and Freeney/ Mathis have never got more that 5 sacks a season.... DT Antonio Johnson always has more. 3-4 ends record more sacks too in a 43. Im a pass rusher on madden, and it annoys me something bad.

Lastly, I'd like to see Customizable formation packages re-added. Much easier to get personel changed depending on weak side strong side or however else one chooses to set up their formation packages.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #90
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OP updated, w/ latest working link to podcast.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #91
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsmitty34
I really hope they go back and play madden 2005, they could just use that same franchise mode.. Its miles ahead of the current one..
Humm maybe this is the reason why the series isn't progressing, instead of aiming for new exciting things, we all want features from 5 years ago. I understand some of us miss those features and that years Madden blew this years one in terms of actually options, but i don't want something from 5 years ago, i want something completely new; something only achievable on this generation of consoles.

Maybe that is still doing concession prices and stuff, but the overlaying imagine and options have to be more in dept. We have to get something we couldn't have gotten before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 7

How will the developers adjust to an 18 game season if that comes about?

There are already overseas games and the Bills in Toronto. In franchise mode are there going to be these options?

I don't like either, but its the way the NFL is going. Should be considered by the developers.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will player training make its way back into Madden? I liked the option of being able to make individual players better by practicing. I don't see why that was ever removed.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #94
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodygoody
Will player training make its way back into Madden? I liked the option of being able to make individual players better by practicing. I don't see why that was ever removed.
I hated it!
The drills were not near as fun as the PS2 but also the idea of picking 3 players and improving the rating of your choice doesn't happen in real life.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I hated it!
The drills were not near as fun as the PS2 but also the idea of picking 3 players and improving the rating of your choice doesn't happen in real life.
I agree that it wasn't fun but removing it is not the solution. I don't agree that this doesn't happen in real life. Focusing on a specific skill to improve on is something that players do all the time. I don't know what you mean by that.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
I had the same issue, since I use Google Chrome. I bet that's what you use, so if you want to listen to it, try it on IE or FF.
Yup, that's what I use at home, although I'd tried it on Netscape with no luck, but at work I just had to download quick time and I was all set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »